WandaVision | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

WandaVision

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This episode made me a bit concerned that Evan Peters is just going to end up being a stunt/meta casting. He's not much like the Fox version at all. If it's not going to be a multiverse or Mephisto thing, I would've preferred them bringing back ATJ and putting him into that dick uncle role.

This episode made me a bit concerned that Evan Peters is just going to end up being a stunt/meta casting. He's not much like the Fox version at all. If it's not going to be a multiverse or Mephisto thing, I would've preferred them bringing back ATJ and putting him into that dick uncle role.
I think Evan Peters is playing Mephisto, just gonna say it. I thought it was a high possibility after last week, but this week, Pietro’s hair style resembled devil horns and he referenced hell twice.

He seems to want to influence the kids and he was able to use the brother connection to get Wanda to open up to him in the episode.

I think Evan Peters is playing Mephisto, just gonna say it. I thought it was a high possibility after last week, but this week, Pietro’s hair style resembled devil horns and he referenced hell twice.

He seems to want to influence the kids and he was able to use the brother connection to get Wanda to open up to him in the episode.

This is what I've been hoping for the whole time, I hope you're right. And on top of that, I hope we see his Mephisto for many more releases after this.

Reactions: Nico and Nick

Not discounting the theory but... since their costumes were plays on their comic versions, his hairstyle is comic accurate.

10dca64990b034baf594e0cfee628f20.jpg

Not discounting the theory but... since their costumes were plays on their comic versions, his hairstyle is comic accurate.

10dca64990b034baf594e0cfee628f20.jpg
I could definitely be wrong. But also note in the opening title sequence (which was great this week btw), they list “Pietro Maximoff as Himself”, which is normally used in a show when you have a guest star. Pietro even takes a jab at the guest star thing by saying something about being a guest star in the holiday episode in a very meta way.

One could also look at it and say that it listed it as him playing himself for this episode because he’s very obviously not Pietro. At the very least not her Pietro and possibly something more sinister.

Spoiler to preserve the in-episode joke ...

If we get any semblance of Halloween this year, Spirit gonna sell a whole lot of Sokovian fortune-teller costumes.

I can't claim to much care for how the "outside world" section of the story is playing out (making SWORD baddies feels like a semi cop-out, and I find it increasingly hard to justify why Monica seems to care more about Wanda, personally, than the thousands of people trapped by her, especially when Monica's also endured the "agony" of their situation), but everything inside sitcom world is still pretty terrific.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I can't claim to much care for how the "outside world" section of the story is playing out (making SWORD baddies feels like a semi cop-out, and I find it increasingly hard to justify why Monica seems to care more about Wanda, personally, than the thousands of people trapped by her, especially when Monica's also endured the "agony" of their situation), but everything inside sitcom world is still pretty terrific.
Monica WAS one of those people in Wanda’s bubble, and it shows. She seems to understand Wanda better than anyone else in this show. They have to figure a way to snap Wanda out of it instead of provoking her like the idiot Hayward wants to keep doing.

Monica WAS one of those people in Wanda’s bubble, and it shows. She seems to understand Wanda better than anyone else in this show. They have to figure a way to snap Wanda out of it instead of provoking her like the idiot Hayward wants to keep doing.

Agree with Nick, and in addition -

She's still an Avenger and it's clear there are stories of how she took it to Thanos and helped win the war. I'd imagine the PR nightmare of them not trying to sort things out peacefully before resorting to aggression. I think Monica realizes there are other avenues before they cross that line.

Monica knows this is coming from a place of grief and it’s not an act of intentional evil. Wanda is one of the few beings that could start something like this and that also makes her one of the few that can stop it. Monica also knows the value of having a supremely powerful oh you’re side, even if things with Carol got rocky.

BTW, Teyonah Parris is doing such a great job with the role.

Honestly, my only way of reasoning out why Director Hayward is taking the route he is on this is one of two things. Either a). He's a cliche'd and fairly poorly written character to sort of serve as a foil for Darcy, Jimmy and Monica or b.) My theory about Evan Peters playing Mephisto disguised as Pietro is wrong and this guy either IS him (which would just be so disappointing and not a high enough caliber actor, so I can't imagine so) or, more likely if this theory is true, is working for Mephisto.

If Mephisto isn't in this show i'm going to be left deeply disappointed with how i'm hyping myself up :lol: We still have roughly 2.5 more hours of show left if the 6 hour figure is correct though, so the episodes should be averaging longer, more towards 50 minutes per episode from this point on would be how you get to 2.5 hours.

I don’t think Mephisto is actually in the series. Someone pointed out tommy and billy were originally created from his soul after he was destroyed by frank Richards (tied to and then later was reabsorbed and then reborn.)

I think if anything, what we are seeing is Wanda losing control of the situation. It goes back to episode 5 right. Wanda can’t bring things back to life but she could give someone pierto memories and thoughts and play off that.

However, I don’t think Wanda is the only one warping reality...Tommy also has Wanda’s powers and remember they asked about her brother.

Reactions: HereWeGo
I don’t think Mephisto is actually in the series. Someone pointed out tommy and billy were originally created from his soul after he was destroyed by frank Richards (tied to and then later was reabsorbed and then reborn.)

I think if anything, what we are seeing is Wanda losing control of the situation. It goes back to episode 5 right. Wanda can’t bring things back to life but she could give someone pierto memories and thoughts and play off that.

However, I don’t think Wanda is the only one warping reality...Tommy also has Wanda’s powers and remember they asked about her brother.
Would be a shame if Mephisto isn't in House of M: The Series (mixed with a bit of the recent 'The Vision' comic), but maybe we could still see the character in Dr. Strange 2? We know things aren't going to end all that well with this show.

It just seems to me that Monica is bordering-on-indifferent to the plight of the townsfolk (made even more baffling because she had their experience, too). She appears more personally invested in "helping" Wanda than in saving the people in town.

Maybe the writers figure Vision's got that angle covered, because he's the only character who does truly seem motivated by altruism and a desire to help his neighbors. If this show is the last we're going to see of Bettany's Vision, he's getting a hell of a send-off.

Honestly, my only way of reasoning out why Director Hayward is taking the route he is on this is one of two things. Either a). He's a cliche'd and fairly poorly written character to sort of serve as a foil for Darcy, Jimmy and Monica or b.) My theory about Evan Peters playing Mephisto disguised as Pietro is wrong and this guy either IS him (which would just be so disappointing and not a high enough caliber actor, so I can't imagine so) or, more likely if this theory is true, is working for Mephisto.

Oh, it's 1,000% going to be option A!

He's a contrived creation whose only function is to be vaguely nefarious so the "heroes" can rebel against him. It's disappointingly uninspired, especially given that everything in the sitcom part of the show is so fresh and interesting.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nick
It just seems to me that Monica is bordering-on-indifferent to the plight of the townsfolk (made even more baffling because she had their experience, too). She appears more personally invested in "helping" Wanda than in saving the people in town.

Maybe the writers figure Vision's got that angle covered, because he's the only character who does truly seem motivated by altruism and a desire to help his neighbors. If this show is the last we're going to see of Bettany's Vision, he's getting a hell of a send-off.
Monica seemed to have a care for the residents of the town in the episode. She explicitly mentioned that if they killed Wanda, there's no way of knowing what would happen to everyone inside and everyone on the outside.

Oh, it's 1,000% going to be option A!

He's a contrived creation whose only function is to be vaguely nefarious so the "heroes" can rebel against him. It's disappointingly uninspired, especially given that everything in the sitcom part of the show is so fresh and interesting.
Unfortunately, I agree. I dislike the writing for that character so much, especially since he's the director for SWORD and this is our first introduction to the organization. Hopefully this guy gets killed off.

Unfortunately, I agree. I dislike the writing for that character so much, especially since he's the director for SWORD and this is our first introduction to the organization. Hopefully this guy gets killed off.

See, I'm in the mind that if the Mutants are being introduced by that of the aftermath of Westview, that the opposition towards mutants would have be almost immediate.

Don't love the guy either, and I hope he gets bit, but I can easily see us going down the path to where SWORD sees Wanda, and the denizens of Westview as a legitimate threat to mankind.

Wild ATJ theory:
I'm sure most of you guys did, but did you catch the literal Kick-Ass mention/reference? I know it was mostly a cute little reference to Aaron Taylor-Johnson playing Kick-Ass. However...

If I am to be allowed to dig deeper here, that moment could almost be seen as her remembering her real brother as in the multi-verse, ATJ's Kick-Ass is still alive. His Pietro is not. It's like a weird/twisted way of hanging on to his memory. So theoretically... could we see ATJ appear in the show as Kick-Ass? It sounds crazy, but Kick-Ass is a Marvel property and i'm not willing to take it off the table until it doesn't happen at this point.

Wild ATJ theory:
I'm sure most of you guys did, but did you catch the literal Kick-Ass mention/reference? I know it was mostly a cute little reference to Aaron Taylor-Johnson playing Kick-Ass. However...

If I am to be allowed to dig deeper here, that moment could almost be seen as her remembering her real brother as in the multi-verse, ATJ's Kick-Ass is still alive. His Pietro is not. It's like a weird/twisted way of hanging on to his memory. So theoretically... could we see ATJ appear in the show as Kick-Ass? It sounds crazy, but Kick-Ass is a Marvel property and i'm not willing to take it off the table until it doesn't happen at this point.

I'm not sure if Disney owns the film/TV rights to Kick-Ass. The movies were made by Lionsgate, and I don't know that the rights have reverted.

At this point, the Director’s motivation seems to be clearly to get Vision, or at least his corpse. After all, they were studying it extensively before Wanda took the corpse (and there is a chance that the “footage” of her taking it was misleading).

That said, I can’t help but wonder what is going on with Agnes. It always seemed to be hinted at that she would play a larger role, but the car scene really threw me. I can’t tell if the car scene is a misdirect, or if Agnes was a misdirect.