What does Jurassic Park need? | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

What does Jurassic Park need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If the whole attraction was done via bushes shaking, snarls, and an animatronic cow being lowered into a pen, I could imagine quite a few guests disappointed- although it would easily tell the storyline, most visitors want to see dinosaurs for themselves and not just get the impression that they're nearby (which is why I've always pitied guests who aren't capable of or don't want to ride Jurassic Park River Adventure- pardon a tiny raptor in the Discovery Center, they won't experience a single dinosaur within the Jurassic Park area.
Sorry I didn't mention it before but I meant to say also that video cameras "inside" the pen would sow the raptors inside, in time with whatever's "going on" in there.
This way children can be diverted and anyone who wants to see some blood can get their fill.

Who knows, maybe, if they build this hypothetical pen, an AA raptor will lunge at the fence and sparks will fly. That would be a pretty cool and thrilling thing to see as you're strolling by!

And once Trike opens again, more dinos will be seen.

Aviary, anyone?

You know what would be fun but scary as heck at the same time?!

It will never happen but imagine this: The new attraction is the Velociraptor Experience. They created the building and machine from the 1st film where the cow is delivered to the raptors. The ride itself is that you are put in a box that is impenetrable and you are lowered into the large forest containment thing from the movie. As you are lowered, the trees are shaking and you hear the raptor noises. When you reach the bottom you go in a "slow" rotation around the area is meet a few surprises. After that, you are raised and placed into safety, ride over.

It would be quick with a box that can hold up to 4 guests for a better experience.

I still like the idea of having the tour ride they had in the Discovery Center in the first movie, before they broke it and went into the lab...but then again, how many guests would try to break it themselves? :p

The problem that I've heard with JP is they didn't want to have a few different attractions where you're "on a tour and something goes horribly wrong and dinosaurs attack you"...it would be redundant.

I do think a longer walk-through of some dinosaur pens would be cool. The one big thing that was lost when Trike Encounter closed was all of that great theming of the field labs and stuff...it really enhanced the experience. Hopefull we'll get that back.

I agree about the JPRA show building not ever fitting with the theme, I'm surprised they just left it like that, though I don't know what I would do to it, paint it like a forest and add lots of vegetation around it?

I still like the idea of having the tour ride they had in the Discovery Center in the first movie, before they broke it and went into the lab...but then again, how many guests would try to break it themselves? :p

The problem that I've heard with JP is they didn't want to have a few different attractions where you're "on a tour and something goes horribly wrong and dinosaurs attack you"...it would be redundant.

I do think a longer walk-through of some dinosaur pens would be cool. The one big thing that was lost when Trike Encounter closed was all of that great theming of the field labs and stuff...it really enhanced the experience. Hopefull we'll get that back.

I agree about the JPRA show building not ever fitting with the theme, I'm surprised they just left it like that, though I don't know what I would do to it, paint it like a forest and add lots of vegetation around it?

YES YES YES YES!

Recreating the tric encounter into a simple walk-through attraction that featured many different dinos is a spectacular idea.

As for the jpra, er... what? How does it not fit with the theme? When the boats go into the tunnel lift hill, you are clearly going into a large building, not a forest with vegetation...

That would be redundant. I would like to have an attraction though much like Alien Encounter, but with Raptors.

As for the jpra, er... what? How does it not fit with the theme? When the boats go into the tunnel lift hill, you are clearly going into a large building, not a forest with vegetation...

For some reason, it never struck me as breaking the theming. I'm not sure why. Either it reminds me of some non-descript maintenence building you'd find on the island or I'm just desensitized to it after all these years. :lol:

I was referring more to the exit which can be seen by much of the area. Going into it makes more theming sense, but coming out doesn't as much, just IMO

I was referring more to the exit which can be seen by much of the area. Going into it makes more theming sense, but coming out doesn't as much, just IMO
I always thought the building fit right in with JP. It's like a maintanence building and looks new and clean, I dunno I just like the look of it surrounded by palms and waterfalls.

i want the Jeep ride as much as the next person. Is too perfect.

But, considering Disney already rip the idea into Dinosaur ride at Animal Kingdom, UC will never allow themselves to rip that ride into JP.

If they can make it better, it would be new animatronics, more animated raptor, becasue you dont feel any danger from them and they are fast.
that is one of the crappy effects of the ride itself, slow and non-scary raptors.

i think it would be totaly kick ass if the incorporate a launch coaster but like the manta at sea world imo that would be amazin

Many years ago I thought the exact same thought! I drew a track layout, too. It would launch underground and shoot out of a volcano. It even had a splash feature (I drew this before Sheikra was built... B&M are obviously reading my mind lol)

But no... even putting the money issue aside, it wouldn't happen...

I think that would be too intense and wouldn't really fit in with the whole "Jurassic Park really is here" nuance you're supposed to get when you visit it. The Pterodactyl Flyers are an attraction made for the kids inside the park, so that fits in. But a roller coaster like that wouldn't work. It would be pretty epic, but would definitely take away the theme.

I like the interactive raptor pen and I agree for everything to be working on JPRA. I'd love to see Tricertops Adventure back. And possibly the Baby Dinosaur puppets to be more frequent.

Yeah, this is my thinking too.

I think what he means is when the boats come out of the building. I mean, it makes sense theme park wise to have guests be able to see the boat shooting out of the building (for photos and the like), but what architect would put the emergency exit of a building right in plain view of the rest of the park (Jurassic Park wise)?

Who the hell even builds an emergency exit like that?

I'd love to go on the cinema-style tour with the DNA video and research lab like they did in the movie, although perhaps with animatronic dinos too. Alternatively, a nature walk with animatronic dinos scattered all through it.

I'd love it if they repainted the ride's building on the outside. It's so bland IMO :(

I think what he means is when the boats come out of the building. I mean, it makes sense theme park wise to have guests be able to see the boat shooting out of the building (for photos and the like), but what architect would put the emergency exit of a building right in plain view of the rest of the park (Jurassic Park wise)?

Who the hell even builds an emergency exit like that?

Hey, did John Hammond look like a guy who had practicality in mind? :p

I'd love to go on the cinema-style tour with the DNA video and research lab like they did in the movie, although perhaps with animatronic dinos too. Alternatively, a nature walk with animatronic dinos scattered all through it.

I'd love it if they repainted the ride's building on the outside. It's so bland IMO :(

I have proposed your first idea twice on this thread with no response, but I agree. It'd be a nice addition to the Discovery Center.

And about the show building, it's been discussed, too. I still think it fits in perfectly with the "advanced science lab in a tropical rain forest" theme.