What does Jurassic Park need? | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

What does Jurassic Park need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, the book version of the 1st movie had really crazy things going on:

John Hammond is killed, I forgot how and Dr. Grant and the others couldn't leave the island. They were forced to stay on the island. I pretty sure that's right.
Anyone else read it more recently to elaborate better?

I can wait years and years for a new JP attraction. I love it the way it is. But I only go once every 2 years...so nothing is stale or bland to me.

JP River adventure is very similar to one of the "lost scenes" from the first book. In the book they go on a raft trip down the river, but I don't think anything exciting really happened until when they got off the boats. Can't remember?

Let's pitch a new Jurassic Park show/ride for that space back there: We are introduced to dino's at first on stage where we learn about them, an impending hurricane changes course to head towards the compound, we board escape vehicles, mayhem ensues inside a show building as a lightning storm causes cages to malfunction and we are driven to the safety of a bunker to ride out the storm (exit).

I don't know really anything about the Jeep Tours, too similar?

How about a life-size Aviary with animatronic pteranodons? Could be similar to one of Epcot's pavilions. Maybe one in a while all of the dons freak out, scaring guests silly.:idea:

Or maybe a raptor pen! Just like one one in the movie. They could have bushes shaking violently and vicious sounds coming from within. Even a "live" video feed into the pen showing CG raptors roaming about. That could make the pen seem much bigger than it really is.

Last edited:
Well, the book version of the 1st movie had really crazy things going on:

John Hammond is killed, I forgot how and Dr. Grant and the others couldn't leave the island. They were forced to stay on the island. I pretty sure that's right.
Anyone else read it more recently to elaborate better?

I can wait years and years for a new JP attraction. I love it the way it is. But I only go once every 2 years...so nothing is stale or bland to me.

You got all that right on.
And another thing that happened was that Malcom "died" but was somehow reserected for the second book.

There will eventually be a JP4 or a new Jurassic Park movie whether it's in the next 5 years or not for a decade or two. It's almost inevitable.

There will eventually be a JP4 or a new Jurassic Park movie whether it's in the next 5 years or not for a decade or two. It's almost inevitable.

Why would you say that? It would've happened by now if they could get a worthwhile script together. Everyone involved has moved onto bigger and better things.

Why would you say that? It would've happened by now if they could get a worthwhile script together. Everyone involved has moved onto bigger and better things.

i think it will happen, but whatever they turnout is either going to be complete crap or amazing awesome series revival. it won't just be mediocre.

Haha why would it happen? With Michael Crichton's death, it just seems even more unlikely and almost in poor taste too.

nobody shut down production on hitchhikers guide to the galaxy when douglas adams died, so i can't see why a script that's been tossed around since before crichton died would suddenly lose support. if anything, i could see them doing this as a way to honor his memory, although i can't see the 4th movie being anything near as good as the first 2

Actually, I believe with Crichton's passing, they have scrapped any plans for the 4th movie.

i think i remember hearing something about them laying down the jurassic park franchise to honor him, but i just can't see universal leaving a potential money spinner laying down when they could clean it up and get a decent film out of it.

You don't honor a tremendous author by futher exploiting one of his best works. Universal should try doing something original. There's no way they can develop a good fourth movie. The third one is barely watchable. Having said that, I don't think Universal necessarily needs a new movie to support a new JP attraction. The movie's pretty memorable as it is.

To answer the original question posted

...to be fixed. Really not much else.

JPRA huge E Ticket (get it working its top knotch)

Discovery Center (very neat exhibit for people to geek out in or just explore and have fun with)

Trike Encounter. Amazing Theming, unique attraction and interaction. Breathes life into a fictional theme park where living dinosaurs inhabit every turn.

Camp Jurassic. Amazing playground and themed area in general to explore with tons of gags.

It is a solid area. Like many other things, it really needs TLC

An addition to the Discovery Center would probably be a good idea. For those who are so obsessed with JP like me that you'd actually want to see that movie with Mr. DNA, I think that's exactly what they should do. the entrance could be in the back of the lower level and the ride be underground below the main area of JP. It would follow the same story as the one in the movie and continue on through the labs. Then they empty you out into the nursery where, lo and behold, a baby raptor is hatching.

A life size Raptor Pen would also be a welcomed addition. Bushes shake, snarls eminate, maybe a cow sacrifice? :sneaky: AA of course. That would complete the feel of "this place might just get really dangerous really fast".

a complete rehab and fully functioning AA's for the River Adventure, the re-opening of Triceratops Encounter with fully functioning AA's as well, repairing the "Beasaur" exhibit in the Discover Center, and perhaps giving us another egg to hatch in the nursery would all be relatively simple things for them to do that would really really impress everyone and breathe life into this amazingly themed area.

A life size Raptor Pen would also be a welcomed addition. Bushes shake, snarls eminate, maybe a cow sacrifice? :sneaky: AA of course. That would complete the feel of "this place might just get really dangerous really fast".

If the whole attraction was done via bushes shaking, snarls, and an animatronic cow being lowered into a pen, I could imagine quite a few guests disappointed- although it would easily tell the storyline, most visitors want to see dinosaurs for themselves and not just get the impression that they're nearby (which is why I've always pitied guests who aren't capable of or don't want to ride Jurassic Park River Adventure- pardon a tiny raptor in the Discovery Center, they won't experience a single dinosaur within the Jurassic Park area.

A containment deal like that does not have to be an attraction, but a set piece out in the open.

But with something like that where people can not easily divert children from you know there are going to be complaints.

As I have mentioned before a bit...What does Jurassic Park need? It really just needs to work.

Discovery Center, Triceritops Trail and Encounter along with Camp Jurassic and River Adventure offer plenty to one Island of the entire park. It is just that not everything is open or functions.

I think a lot of it honestly sometimes is us as fans go so much and just think of Jurassic Park as a big plant atmosphere area with a River Adventure because for many that is the main draw. There is a lot to explore there and discover. Although yes, partially to blame is operations of it all.