What does Jurassic Park need? | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

What does Jurassic Park need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think JP island needs a dark ride, just an open ride like a Rhino Rally type ride or (like said before) the RAPTOR ENCOUNTOR!!!

OR....

Tear down the Pary thing roller coaster, and build a new major flyer (Manta) or suspended (Ninja) roller coaster.

Last edited:
I don't think JP island needs a dark ride, just another open ride like a Rhino Rally type ride or (like said before) the RAPTOR ENCOUNTOR!!!

OR....

Tear down the Pary thing roller coaster, and build new BIG flyer (Manta) or suspended (Ninja) coaster.

A dark ride or explorer/raptor encounter ride would be great! I think IOA's good with four coasters already.

It's clear Universal only wants to create things that are popular. I love Jurassic Park, too, but it's not really "in the now," so I don't expect much to happen there.

However, if it were still insanely popular, I'd say there would be enough room, although pretty tight, for an Alien Encounter type ride-- obviously with Raptors, instead-- to go where Tric Encounter is. I posted a concept of this on the theme park design thread ages ago. I must warn you, it's rather lengthy and very ADD lol.

It's clear Universal only wants to create things that are popular. I love Jurassic Park, too, but it's not really "in the now," so I don't expect much to happen there.

However, if it were still insanely popular, I'd say there would be enough room, although pretty tight, for an Alien Encounter type ride-- obviously with Raptors, instead-- to go where Tric Encounter is. I posted a concept of this on the theme park design thread ages ago. I must warn you, it's rather lengthy and very ADD lol.

Oh man, I remember Alien Encounter from when I went to Disneyworld! That was way back when I was in elementary school. My parents forced me to ride Space Mountain, even though I couldn't handle even tame kiddy coasters. I bawled until my eyes almost fell out. Even today I still remember it as the scariest experience I've ever had. :lol: And then we went to Alien Encounter, with me still feeling like I needed to puke my guts out. I still have the little plush alien that was sold there - I think its name is Skippy...? From what I can recall, that was a creepy "ride." I'd LOVE to see something similar with raptors. Man, if they could pull that off right, I'd probably wet my pants during it.

Personally, even though JP might not be that big right now, I feel like it's a classic. So it should be shown some attention. And dinosaurs are always popular with the kiddies.

Jurassic Park needs a Kong 360 type attraction that could be themed to the JP jeep tours concept, just think of the possibilities. Instead of a large tram you would be in a smaller jeep (30 person) and the screens could actually be 360 degrees around you with the car on a scissor lift system that could go up down and turn you fast like spiderman. Raptors could come and terrorize the vehicle, and madness could be everywhere!

Love the idea! :happy: Hopefully it happens.

I don't think JP island needs a dark ride, just an open ride like a Rhino Rally type ride or (like said before) the RAPTOR ENCOUNTOR!!!

OR....

Tear down the Pary thing roller coaster, and build a new major flyer (Manta) or suspended (Ninja) roller coaster.

Sorry to kill your hope, but Arrow Dynamics (the manufacturer) is out of business, and is part of S&S Power now (under the S&S Arrow division, and it only makes 4D coasters today). Unless S&S Arrow starts to make Suspended coasters again, I just can't see it coming to fruition anytime soon (even though it would be cool. BTW, there are 5 Arrow suspended coasters left I believe). :shrug:

Anyways, if there was a coaster coming to JP, it would most likely go up behind Thunder Falls (have you seen that space? It's incredibly HUGE).

Last edited:
In my opinion, they need to get rid of JP and make Scott Pilgrim World. Of course, that wouldn't really work... since it takes place in... Canada. Anyway, I like the Kong Idea, but they should get rid of Pteranadon Flyers and make a Pteranadon SIMULATOR ride, kinda like Soarin'. Fly throgh Isla Sorna (or Site B if you must) encountering any and all types of dinos.

I say keep Pteranadon Flyers change the cars to the same as the Singapore attraction

add a flat ride in camp jurassic, like the (wild surge at busch gardens) install a permeant rock wall in camp jurassic.
and have a raptor encounter simulator behind thunder terrace falls.

I say keep Pteranadon Flyers change the cars to the same as the Singapore attraction

add a flat ride in camp jurassic, like the (wild surge at busch gardens) install a permeant rock wall in camp jurassic.

Perfect. Do that, add a flat ride or two to TL, refurb all of Marvel, and do the revamp of LC we've been talking about, and IoA will be unbeatable.

I like the way you think! :thumbs:

this should be in the discovery center and trike encounter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv5eami9WRY

Take the sets from the jurassic park institute tour and use them to update the discovery center and trike encounter they could expand in to dino research center and have the stego and raptors and other dino in the attraction.
have the hatchery set up in the discovery center with and other sets and things .

this should be in the discovery center and trike encounter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv5eami9WRY

Take the sets from the jurassic park institute tour and use them to update the discovery center and trike encounter they could expand in to dino research center and have the stego and raptors and other dino in the attraction.
have the hatchery set up in the discovery center with and other sets and things .

Wow, where is that show at? Universal Japan? It looks wildly elaborate and insanely cool.

But I don't think there's enough space for something this big in our Discovery Center or anywhere else on our JP island.

Haha also notice how it seems like Universal outsourced this attraction to a Japanese design group? Typical that they couldn't come up with something this sweet on their own.

This makes our Discovery Center look cheap and downgraded!! And I love the Discovery Center!!
This is so awesome if we have them this makes me want to go to Japan for only this experience!
Also we need our own type of flying coaster (like Manta) for Jurassic Park lol
With those two it will be most perfect section of the park ever.

Also we need our own type of flying coaster (like Manta) for Jurassic Park lol

For some reason, I keep thinking something like X-Raptor (Gardaland) would be a nice fit for JP (behind Thunder Falls):

2010-7-14_Raptor.JPG

I also like the Raptor Encounter idea too (replace the old Trike Encounter with it) and that JP institute idea.

Last edited: