What does Jurassic Park need? | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

What does Jurassic Park need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think JPRA is quite reliable imo, it has down time but doesn't every ride it doesn't stick out as always down. Why can't it be used, apart from medical conditions (if its because it isn't a kids ride then man up :lol:). The river adventure is in the original book and is actually mentioned in the first film by John Hammond (he says something about opening a river adventure or something similar once the park has approval).

i've read the original book loads of times so i know the the river aspect does come into play, but lets not kid our selves the park is based on the film and the river aspect has little to nothing to do with the first movie. also i've never been on the ride with everything working something is always down and with the reports growing of the main attraction, the rex ending up another yeti. that does not speak well of the ride

and you missed understood me completely, i didn't say the river adventure couldn't be used so your comments about manning up is wrong. the rides is speak off are the flyers and cove. these are not available for all users. last september while i visited myself and a few other separate park guests were all turned away and told no one can ride either one without a person of 8 years or younger present. i was told this at the entrance the other couple managed to get right till the actual carts.

my point is for something that is a flagship of universal what they have on offer at islands is pathetic

i've read the original book loads of times so i know the the river aspect does come into play, but lets not kid our selves the park is based on the film and the river aspect has little to nothing to do with the first movie. also i've never been on the ride with everything working something is always down and with the reports growing of the main attraction, the rex ending up another yeti. that does not speak well of the ride

and you missed understood me completely, i didn't say the river adventure couldn't be used so your comments about manning up is wrong. the rides is speak off are the flyers and cove. these are not available for all users. last september while i visited myself and a few other separate park guests were all turned away and told no one can ride either one without a person of 8 years or younger present. i was told this at the entrance the other couple managed to get right till the actual carts.

my point is for something that is a flagship of universal what they have on offer at islands is pathetic

Yeah I agree with the flyers as I would love to ride them. I actually like the JPRA as it is like an easter egg for people who have read the book. The story of the island is that it is a new island not exactly the same as Isla Nublar. I would like a jeep ride no doubt or another ride be it an rollercoaster or dark. But JP is still my favourite island as it is so tropical.

1.The Rex is back up
2.There is nothing different about the two besides water
3.Yep since RA,FJ,Spidey, and Hulk are terrible rides....................

Why? A lot of it is just higher quality versions of stuff already at ioa

I'm saying that type of long walk through. That type of thing almost never lasts. Almost all average Joe theme park guests want is to ride something. They aren't looking for that type of educational experience. It's amazing, yes. Theme park nuts like us will drool over it, yes. Will hot, tired, families with children wanna go through it, probably not.

I always thought they should have figured out a way to have a ride in the welcome center. like maybe on the bottom floor they could do that video/ presentation thing with the "hello John" and Mr DNA videos. They could go the "something has gone terribly wrong" route or just make it a nice unscary ride where people get to learn about and see more dinos

1.The Rex is back up
2.There is nothing different about the two besides water
3.Yep since RA,FJ,Spidey, and Hulk are terrible rides....................

1. yeah but how long till something else goes down, and i still think if it constantly goes USF will just stick with the strobe
2. the two what, there is no other ride to compare it too. the water aspect of JP may have been good for adding the drop but i still stand that if the ride was kept the same story line but as a jeep it would be a better experience over all
3. this was a misprint my me, i meant island singular as in just JP. the rest of the islands with the exception of toon lagoon has a decent about of variety and quality. for such a huge franchise of universal what is on offer jurassic park as an island is extremely under whelming

I always thought they should have figured out a way to have a ride in the welcome center. like maybe on the bottom floor they could do that video/ presentation thing with the "hello John" and Mr DNA videos. They could go the "something has gone terribly wrong" route or just make it a nice unscary ride where people get to learn about and see more dinos

:iagree:

1. yeah but how long till something else goes down, and i still think if it constantly goes USF will just stick with the strobe
2. the two what, there is no other ride to compare it too. the water aspect of JP may have been good for adding the drop but i still stand that if the ride was kept the same story line but as a jeep it would be a better experience over all
3. this was a misprint my me, i meant island singular as in just JP. the rest of the islands with the exception of toon lagoon has a decent about of variety and quality. for such a huge franchise of universal what is on offer jurassic park as an island is extremely under whelming

I think:
1. I don't see tiffany going down again for a long time they have clearly done a lot of tlc to have JPRA down for such a long time with her, she hardly has a track record of going down a lot. I highly doubt considering its a ten point AA they will just leave it to strobes. AA go down often I won't deny it, but I have faith in USO to refurb any which do.
2. It is pretty much the same a Jeep would be just a tour and something goes down just like JPRA. Or a dark ride simulator with movement. I'm happy with RA.
3. Discovery centre, Camp Jurassic, Jurassic Flyers, Jurassic Park River Adventure and not forgetting Tricertops encounter. A fair few attractions which none of them take away the ambience of the island. I would like another attraction to be added as somebody posted a few posts back a flyer rollercoaster would fit nicely in as well.

Perhaps they could have a tour of the whole facility, that would be a nice omnimover-type attraction where guests could relax...*

*I'm thinking something very similar to the Japan tour, but in a ride version, excluding the T-Rex attack at the end... Make it nice, educational, but relaxing and interesting... Something that a guest could get onto like the people mover, but in a ride format...

1.This was the first time Tiff broke down and since it didn't take long for her to be fixed se would be fixed as someone else said she is a 10 point attraction and the get the most care so "Fat Chance Egor."
2.What "To make it more like the movies" if so then deal with it RA is incredibly creative in execution plus i don't see a big difference besides one on land and the other on water.
3.Yep since RA is a crap ride which has nothing to do with the movies and has statue dinosaurs,Camp Jurassic is a boring kiddies playground with a swing set and slide,Triceratops Encounter is a big statue triceratops with the actors acting like its fake, and the Discovery Center is a cardboard cutout which looks nothing like the movies.*sarcasm*

^ THIS NEEDS TO BE IN IOA NOW! It would be awesome if they had more dinos on the main street, as well as characters.

Ok I've been thinking, and here's my wishlist:

1. More trees separating JP from the FJ queue.
2. Update/change every exhibit on the lower level of the DC. Raptor hatch, fossil wall, and egg scan can stay/be updated, but everything else has to go.
3. Triceratops Encounter open all the time, or at least stays open for fewer hours than the park each day.
4. Refurb ALL of JPRA and add more where possible.
5. Increase PF's capacity.
6. Add new Jeep Safari dark ride/simulator.

JP is my favorite island, but it could be so much better.

^ THIS NEEDS TO BE IN IOA NOW! It would be awesome if they had more dinos on the main street, as well as characters.

Ok I've been thinking, and here's my wishlist:

1. More trees separating JP from the FJ queue.
2. Update/change every exhibit on the lower level of the DC. Raptor hatch, fossil wall, and egg scan can stay/be updated, but everything else has to go.
3. Triceratops Encounter open all the time, or at least stays open for fewer hours than the park each day.
4. Refurb ALL of JPRA and add more where possible.
5. Increase PF's capacity.
6. Add new Jeep Safari dark ride/simulator.

JP is my favorite island, but it could be so much better.

1.I think we have bigger fish to fry no offense.
2.I don't see the problem with the others? Be-A-Saur has awesome models,You Bet Jurassic is oh so much fun to beat people in,and the one with Mr.DNA is a awesome way to incorparate the character.
3.I agree with this one alot.:D
4.Same but it does get refurbed once a year it seems.
5.I also agree with this one as well and make it for older people as well.
6.Meh i would rather see the original planned flight stimulator but thats just me.

1.I think we have bigger fish to fry no offense.
2.I don't see the problem with the others? Be-A-Saur has awesome models,You Bet Jurassic is oh so much fun to beat people in,and the one with Mr.DNA is a awesome way to incorparate the character.
3.Meh i would rather see the original planned flight stimulator but thats just me.

1. The reason I put this one in is because it would be oh so easy to do and would make JP look so much better.
2. Beasaur's models look fine, but they rarely work anymore. Its space could be better used. You Bet is fun, but it could use and update. The DNA Sequencing exhibit uses the same end result every time, no matter dinosaur you choose. Its space could also be better used.
3. I agree a copter tour would be cool, but I prefer the jeeps because they are the main part of the movie and the book, and are the thing most people associate with a JP ride.

1. The reason I put this one in is because it would be oh so easy to do and would make JP look so much better.
2. Beasaur's models look fine, but they rarely work anymore. Its space could be better used. You Bet is fun, but it could use and update. The DNA Sequencing exhibit uses the same end result every time, no matter dinosaur you choose. Its space could also be better used.
3. I agree a copter tour would be cool, but I prefer the jeeps because they are the main part of the movie and the book, and are the thing most people associate with a JP ride.

1.It actully isn't that easy Universal would have to get specific kinds of plants.
2.But they are still awesome to look at,I don't know how you could update it,So kids and adults love it and its the only place where Mr.DNA is at.
3.You are right i guess

1.This was the first time Tiff broke down and since it didn't take long for her to be fixed se would be fixed as someone else said she is a 10 point attraction and the get the most care so "Fat Chance Egor."
2.What "To make it more like the movies" if so then deal with it RA is incredibly creative in execution plus i don't see a big difference besides one on land and the other on water.
3.Yep since RA is a crap ride which has nothing to do with the movies and has statue dinosaurs,Camp Jurassic is a boring kiddies playground with a swing set and slide,Triceratops Encounter is a big statue triceratops with the actors acting like its fake, and the Discovery Center is a cardboard cutout which looks nothing like the movies.*sarcasm*

did i personally offend you or something, i stated my opinion that i feel for what they can do the attractions available in the Jurassic park island is pretty lack lustre.

yes this is the first time Tiffany has broke down and i still think it wont be the last time. you say she's an extremely advanced so is imhotep and look how often he's down. forgetting the rex theRA constantly has problems being reported. from broken doors to has you so put it statue dinosaurs.

the discovery centre is nothing more than a restaurant, i'm not the only one to feel this way. yes what they have downstairs is alright but it could be so much more and videos on here have proved that. camp jurassic and the flyers like i said earlier i have never used as i was told neither were available to anyone unless they had children with them

Triceratops Discovery Trail/encounter, i will admit i did not know had reopened but again its a seasonal attraction, and it was closed for over 5 years.

look my view looking at whats available in the other islands such as marvel, wizarding and even suess the varirty in JP is poor. i enjoy the RA is just feel the water aspect was a poor choice especially when you have plenty of water rides in toon lagoon

if i've offended anyone else in this thread i apologise.