What does Jurassic Park need? | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

What does Jurassic Park need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I understand Briman's point to the fullest but I must ask...

Why not take down Pteronadon flyers and build a B&M coaster in the same space (and maybe a little bit more into Trike's space a bit)?

Because that would be a very short, short coaster, and take away a very popular kid attraction.

Not unless the use some space behind thunder...

Also after looking at Bing Maps, they would have to flip the direction the train comes out off the station if they don't want to effect the look of enterance to Jurassic Park from Toon Lagoon's side.

Gut camp jurassic

BIG NO...

Not unless the use some space behind thunder...

Also after looking at Bing Maps, they would have to flip the direction the train comes out off the station if they don't want to effect the look of enterance to Jurassic Park from Toon Lagoon's side.

BIG no...

Sorry man, that's just too much of a tight fit for a proper coaster. Also, we go back to my point of having a coaster for the sake of a coaster isn't what JP needs.

Sorry man, that's just too much of a tight fit for a proper coaster. Also, we go back to my point of having a coaster for the sake of a coaster isn't what JP needs.

That made me think of HRRR... :lol: Anyway, Raptor Encounter or a Jeep Tour added to Jurassic Park would be fine by me.

It seems like I'm being jumped on for my opinion...I think Flyers gives the illusion of being a popular attraction, but really it is just a capacity nightmare that is only for children. I think that taking it out and putting in a moderate sized family attraction would be much better. Instead of adding another coaster, you take out one and add the new one giving you a net coaster gain of zero. It could go over camp jurassic and in and out of that space. I think that's a reasonable thing to want.

Jurassic Park definitely needs more dinosaurs..."Now there might actually be dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour?" (im paraphrasing) Ian Malcolm says this in the movie, and I echo it every time a walk through that area.
IN MY OPINION (disclaimer) Camp Jurassic is a glorified McDonalds play area...and nothing is more six flagsy than one area dedicated entirely to children. (let the hating commence)

I suppose I should offset my criticism of the area. I really do love that area, but I feel it has its shortcomings (just like everything else in the world) so I'm just throwing in my two cents.

It seems like I'm being jumped on for my opinion

Not at all, just merely stating my disagreement with it.

Instead of adding another coaster, you take out one and add the new one giving you a net coaster gain of zero.

A flyer would require a lot more room and possibly take over most of Camp Jurassic with supports and restricted areas, and again would go back to "adding coaster for sake of coaster" I keep mentioning.

Camp Jurassic is a glorified McDonalds play area...and nothing is more six flagsy than one area dedicated entirely to children.

Darn children, and their needs of fun...ruining everything for the adults.

:lol:

While I would love a new flyer, you're right BriMan. JP just isn't the place. Especially if you take out Camp Jurassic. Boys probably love JP a lot more than Seuss. So they would lose big time in the deal.

Not at all, just merely stating my disagreement with it.

A flyer would require a lot more room and possibly take over most of Camp Jurassic with supports and restricted areas, and again would go back to "adding coaster for sake of coaster" I keep mentioning.

No I agree a flyer is too big to go in that space. Something smaller for sure.
And what I meant about Camp Jurassic is that it seems to be one of the only places geared towards children, and I think that if they had more throughout the park it would be way better than condensing all of their activities into one section of the park. I recently went and played on It because it was practically empty. I had tons of fun.
Its hard for families with multiple children to enjoy the Flyers

--- Update ---

Yea, that really backfired for Disney when they included Fantasyland in the original Disneyland plans!:lol:

I'm talking about a single area where all children things are condensed to. Disney is very wise about the fact that they keep it spread out and have mildly thrilling attractions in between.

And what I meant about Camp Jurassic is that it seems to be one of the only places geared towards children, and I think that if they had more throughout the park it would be way better than condensing all of their activities into one section of the park. I recently went and played on It because it was practically empty. I had tons of fun.
Its hard for families with multiple children to enjoy the Flyers

They have 2 and 1/8 kiddie areas. Camp Jurassic, If I Ran the Zoo, and the 2 Toon Lagoon signs. They usually have one central location of it all, and then have a mini area on the other end. And where do you get the notion that families with multiple children can't enjoy flyers?