Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Games Are You Playing?

I got Halo 3 for Christmas. The game rocks! If anyone wants to play, send me an invite anytime.

Awesome! I might have to do that next time I play. How good are you? I'm not too great, but in specialized modes like Rockets or Swords I'm pretty good.

Finally, my PS3 is working well with the Internet again! I was able to get a bunch of game updates with no interupption.

I bought a $20 PlayStation Network Card and used $10 of it for the BioShock Challenge Rooms. While I haven't played that much of them, my favorite is the Worlds of Hurt Room. Basically, you get a limited amount of money, Adam, and so on, to spend on vending machines and a Gatherer's Garden to pick and choose from the weapons and Plasmids available. If you beat a challenge, you get more resources.

Anyone have recommendations on how to spend the other $10 on the Card? My friend suggested I just wait, which currently seems like the best strategy.

If I can, I'll try for this weekend, though.

Just to let you know, the 360's headset is broken. I have no idea how... one day, it was working perfectly, the next day my brother tells me it's broken. Does the warranty happen to cover the headset that comes with the system, by any chance? Because I'd rather not spend money on a headset when I already get it free.

If I can, I'll try for this weekend, though.

Just to let you know, the 360's headset is broken. I have no idea how... one day, it was working perfectly, the next day my brother tells me it's broken. Does the warranty happen to cover the headset that comes with the system, by any chance? Because I'd rather not spend money on a headset when I already get it free.

Nah, the warranty doesn't cover it. Guess it's Xbox text messages for you! :lol:

Really though, I'd spend the money on a decent headset, and use electrical tape to reinforce the spot above the ear speaker. :thumbs:

Is there an option besides Microsoft's official headset? And I hope I don't have to go through the most frustrating form of communication on today's game systems on the 360 as well as my headset-less PS3!

My brother borrowed CoD: WaW from a friend of his, and he said a different friend would actually be getting the game for him for his birthday. He also bought a headset, so we're back to talking on LIVE. If anybody's up for it, we can set up a game this weekend (or try the possible OU Halo match considered last week). :wave:

Also, why is Veteran so much easier in WaW. In an hour, I nearly beat the first level, though I'm currently stuck on the part where the Japanese pretend to be dead but then ambush you.

And speaking of highest difficulty modes in games, I've gone crazy and started to try BioShock on Survivor with no Vita-Chambers. It takes a good dozen hits with the wrench to take down a Thuggish Splicer, so I'm sorta screwed.

Last edited:
Kirby, I've been in the mood for some Cod lately, so lets do a 1v1 later. Around 4:30 ish good?

Until then, I plan on starting my gh:wt career on expert.

I just beat Bad Company. It was such a short game but the Multi-Player looks promising. I also got Call of Duty: World at War for Christmas that I still haven't opened.

Kirby, I've been in the mood for some Cod lately, so lets do a 1v1 later. Around 4:30 ish good?

Until then, I plan on starting my gh:wt career on expert.

Well, besides the fact that 4:30 is already over.... :lol:

I couldn't have in the first place. My parents, besides imposing the hour-and-a-half-a-day and no-M-games-without-several-months-of-begging-first rules, they also have a rule where we can't play on school days, requiring us to wait until Friday at earliest to play. It makes long weekends, vacations, etc. even better when they come (like MLK weekend, starting Friday after school and ending Monday! :happy: )

Sorry for not playing at all this weekend, we took 2nd in the tournament in a heartbreaking loss coming from a goal with less than 2 minutes left. :'(

I should be on this week, and definitely this weekend. :thumbs:

I'm playing Civilization Revolution now. Hella fun game, but I was up all night playing it and ended up having dreams about it. I woke up half-asleep this morning because I thought I heard the doorbell, but in my "not-so-much there" state I told myself "I haven't researched electricity yet, so that couldn't have been the doorbell." and I fell back to sleep. I HAAATE when I dream of games. :lol:

I'm playing Civilization Revolution now. Hella fun game, but I was up all night playing it and ended up having dreams about it. I woke up half-asleep this morning because I thought I heard the doorbell, but in my "not-so-much there" state I told myself "I haven't researched electricity yet, so that couldn't have been the doorbell." and I fell back to sleep. I HAAATE when I dream of games. :lol:

That explains a lot.