Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Games Are You Playing?

Just Beat BF2 on my Xbox Series X and it looks like basically a next gen game. I think its a solid 7/10 I think it would be nice to have some more showing the main characters on down time to connect to the more...but hey they can also do that in the shows since the actors look just like the characters sure they would love to come back.
I will say on thing in the timeline that doesn't make sense is Kylo goes into Del's mind..and in the book Del is pretending to be a rebel during the battle of scarif time....so no clue why he makes it seem like Del wanted to become stronger from that battle/planet when he had been in the Empire for years at the point and on a squad. Must have been an oversight by the writers

Also beat Gears 5 and its new DLC Hive Busters Solid 8/10 fun action games. Then Beat Titainfall 2 Story and while I love those games and the story is basic.....level design wise that game story is 9/10 every level is different and most are very creative and fun to play. If you never played it its only 7ish hours and free on gamepass or EA access...or like 5 bucks at gamestop.
I know Jedi Fallen Order 2 is coming, but I would definitely be interested in a Battlefront 3 as long as it's like BF2 and has a solid campaign and the Multiplayer is continuously updated. That's what made BF 2015 so bad was that there was the most minimal possible single player mode possible and Multiplayer wasn't updated enough or compelling enough. I'm just not really into games that basically are multiplayer only games. Fortnite does it right, however, as they keep the hype going on and on with continuous updates. War Zone is the same way, but that CoD game did have a campaign although CoD campaigns are generally extremely short since about 2013/14, maybe even earlier.

I know Jedi Fallen Order 2 is coming, but I would definitely be interested in a Battlefront 3 as long as it's like BF2 and has a solid campaign and the Multiplayer is continuously updated. That's what made BF 2015 so bad was that there was the most minimal possible single player mode possible and Multiplayer wasn't updated enough or compelling enough. I'm just not really into games that basically are multiplayer only games. Fortnite does it right, however, as they keep the hype going on and on with continuous updates. War Zone is the same way, but that CoD game did have a campaign (although CoD campaigns are generally extremely short since about 2013/14, maybe even earlier.
I would love it if they did one Story most likely set after Episode 6 and then a single player mode kinda like in the older games where you were the 501st and you had to go to planets and rescue them from the enemy and slowly take over the universe. That would require no real acting just some voice over work and just put all the old maps in and new ones and easily make it feel like your getting more than your money's worth.
BF2 now is so much more than it was day one..the only things its missing is the rogue one maps those were so cool but almost no one played them on the first game because you had to pay for them and it was like a year after the game was out.

I would love it if they did one Story most likely set after Episode 6 and then a single player mode kinda like in the older games where you were the 501st and you had to go to planets and rescue them from the enemy and slowly take over the universe. That would require no real acting just some voice over work and just put all the old maps in and new ones and easily make it feel like your getting more than your money's worth.
BF2 now is so much more than it was day one..the only things its missing is the rogue one maps those were so cool but almost no one played them on the first game because you had to pay for them and it was like a year after the game was out.
Setting after Episode 6 would add the possibilities of bringing some of the Mando characters into the game, which would be cool. I wish BF2 would've done one last update last year for The Mandalorian.

Setting after Episode 6 would add the possibilities of bringing some of the Mando characters into the game, which would be cool. I wish BF2 would've done one last update last year for The Mandalorian.
They did a big update last year..but sadly nothing Mando related.

If they knew Mando was going to be as big as it was It could have been an easy time to do a small expansion and add a new mode.

A Mode where you Protect the child or try to take him for the Empire. Add Mando for the hero's and the Hunter Droid for the villains, throw in some single player missions with Mando hunting targets on maps rearranged and bam..sure many people would have paid a pretty penny for that but I'm sure the next game for sure will have Mando in it.

They did a big update last year..but sadly nothing Mando related.

If they knew Mando was going to be as big as it was It could have been an easy time to do a small expansion and add a new mode.

A Mode where you Protect the child or try to take him for the Empire. Add Mando for the hero's and the Hunter Droid for the villains, throw in some single player missions with Mando hunting targets on maps rearranged and bam..sure many people would have paid a pretty penny for that but I'm sure the next game for sure will have Mando in it.
They released the last update early this year actually, but they probably went into development on that well before they knew about the popularity of Mando.

Picked up two games from steam thanks to holiday sale:

- Yakuza 0: Having so much fun with this so far. I really enjoy playing the mini games and the story so far is enjoyable. Also enjoying the characters such as Kiryu and Goro, as they both have different stories and are both entertaining to play as. Can’t wait to play Kiwami 1& 2

- Halo: Combat Evolved: First Halo game I ever played. I never had an Xbox during my childhood and would always wonder what the deal is with Halo. Here I am now, and I personally think it’s okay. It’s not bad but I have feeling it’s gonna get better and better. The graphics are insane as I distracted while I constantly switch from original to remaster. I haven’t started the multiplayer yet, as I plan on going through every story mode of the franchise, which I’m enjoying so far.

Shifted from Cyberpunk to Watch Dogs Legion (this gives the Series X Smart Delivery time to roll out). It’s oddly addictive. I don’t want to really bother with the campaign mission, content to just recruit everyone.

So i've been in the mood for some "light" star wars fun and so I finally beat the Force Awakens Story in Disney Infinty 3.0 (can't believe that game came out 5 years ago)

It's dumb fun, only thing i hate is not only do you have to have the figures but also get some coin in game to play as all characters in a story....But I beat Kylo with Erza so by half way in the story I got to play as who I really wanted to but now in the other two SW story's I have to do the same thing and its just dumb

Also can't believe at this point you can't just unlock the playsets and characters with a DLC purchase. It would take like one guy to code it and you could relaunch 2.0/3.0 and make some easy money off it but what ever Disney gave up on the series and for whatever reason doesn't want to make some easy cash.

So I finished Marvel’s Avengers Campaign + Taking Aim DLC. The game overall was better than expected and I had a lot of fun with the combat and gameplay playing as the different Avengers. Hulk is extremely fun to play with, but by the end, I probably had the most fun playing (and this surprised the hell out of me) with Kate Bishop. She has such a versatile set of powers in this game and really sort of got me even more excited for her MCU debut, now. Black Widow is really fun in this game, too, with her invisibility power.

I started Ghost of Tsushima now, but the cinematics and storytelling are already impressive.

Finished Yakuza Kiwami, and while I still think 0 is better that’s not to say this it’s a bad game. It’s got great story which I think the villain of the story is amazing and tragic. The side quests were okay, but most of them consisted of Kiryu or someone else getting scammed or robbed. But it did have some heartwarming ones and some impactful ones. There isn’t much to the combat, since it’s similar to Yakuza 0, only difference is the upgrade system, which I actually prefer IMO (Quick Tip: Tiger Drop is all you need). And lastly, the best part of the game..... Majima Everywhere system. Seriously this guy is hilarious and amazing I’m not gonna even explain more, just try it out for yourself.

Halo 2: Story is FANTASTIC, and prefer it more than CE. New weapons and fun gunplay, a fun multiplayer which can be tough for newcomers like me, kickass soundtrack that gets you hyped, and being able to play as Chief and The Arbiter in different chapters. Looking forward to see what Halo 3 has to offer and wondering why it’s considered the G.O.A.T .

Halo 2: Story is FANTASTIC, and prefer it more than CE. New weapons and fun gunplay, a fun multiplayer which can be tough for newcomers like me, kickass soundtrack that gets you hyped, and being able to play as Chief and The Arbiter in different chapters. Looking forward to see what Halo 3 has to offer and wondering why it’s considered the G.O.A.T .
(Reach is better.)

(Reach is better.)
I’ve heard a lot about Reach for its multiplayer and customization, so I’m looking forward to that aswell. However I always see Halo 3 as the best Halo game for its story and multiplayer, so I’ll see for myself.

Legacy you are lost, Halo 3 is the definitive halo game AND story.
Halo 3 is amazing. Reach, to me, is a better story. There are some legitimately shocking moments that are completely grounded in the world and narrative, and the ending is an all-timer.

Halo 3 has scale. Reach has heart.

Halo 3 is amazing. Reach, to me, is a better story. There are some legitimately shocking moments that are completely grounded in the world and narrative, and the ending is an all-timer.

Halo 3 has scale. Reach has heart.
The DMR is such a satisfying gun from Reach, but the story is emotionally devastating. Jorge was probably my favorite Spartan.

Just Beat Persona 5 Royal....god what a game. Its hard but they somehow improved on Persona 5 in every way possible.

Playing the Persona 5 Dancing game until Persona Strikers come out .

Halo 3 - The story is fantastic but Halo 2 still holds the cake for me for best story. Tough but fun multiplayer with cool maps and gunplay. I actually loved the flood in this and weren’t as annoying in CE.

ODST: I like the abandoned city aesthetic, but it did get repetitive for a while when I kept wandering around the city. I do like the characters but that’s pretty much about it. I would like to know more about the rookie, so hopefully he returns.

Persona 4: Golden - I had the choice of this or BO2 because both were on sale. Was so close to getting BO2, but decided to see what Persona was like..... and I’m glad I did. It is so addicting I swear. The characters are lovable, combining personas is awesome, activities you can do is actually pretty cool, and the music is very groovy. It’s gonna be a long play through since there’s multiple endings, but I’m looking forward to it.

Persona 4: Golden - I had the choice of this or BO2 because both were on sale. Was so close to getting BO2, but decided to see what Persona was like..... and I’m glad I did. It is so addicting I swear. The characters are lovable, combining personas is awesome, activities you can do is actually pretty cool, and the music is very groovy. It’s gonna be a long play through since there’s multiple endings, but I’m looking forward to it.

There's less multiple endings and more "one true ending and multiple bad endings". Remember: keep asking questions and investigating.

Playing Minecraft with friends and Shadow of Mordor. The nemesis system is so good, with WB patenting it I hope Harry Potter: Legacy uses a form of it.