What new shopping would you like to see in CW? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

What new shopping would you like to see in CW?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am liking these ideas of an art store and an NBC (American) culture store... both have imminent possibilities. I am hoping Uni creatives of some kind are reading this. Is there any mention of SNL anywhere at Universal Orlando? If not, WHY NOT??? I never buy anything but I would buy that junk.

I am liking these ideas of an art store and an NBC (American) culture store... both have imminent possibilities. I am hoping Uni creatives of some kind are reading this. Is there any mention of SNL anywhere at Universal Orlando? If not, WHY NOT??? I never buy anything but I would buy that junk.

About a month ago they put in a SNL Cart in CityWalk. It has some pretty cool stuff. I suggest if we would like to see it expanded, we should buy a lot of stuff.

Come on no one wants an Apple Store in Citywalk? :lol:

Come on no one wants an Apple Store in Citywalk? :lol:

you know that is like the number one store that's not in DTD that the consumers demand... that would be a grand "in yo face" idea... granted it would be a satellite store where they could demo and sell but probably not stock to take home outside of ipods and iphones.

It would compliment the main store at mall at millenia too ;)

granted it would be a satellite store where they could demo and sell but probably not stock to take home outside of ipods and iphones.

Then it'll never happen. Apple sells products, not experiences or demos. It's why their stores did so well and the Gateway and Dell ones failed. And why wouldn't a full Apple Store work? Only issue I see is people not wanting to pay to park to get their MacBook fixed.

People go to the resort to find somewhat unique and exotic shopping. Not drop big bucks on technology when they are dropping big bucks for the parks, food and merch.

Then it'll never happen. Apple sells products, not experiences or demos. It's why their stores did so well and the Gateway and Dell ones failed. And why wouldn't a full Apple Store work? Only issue I see is people not wanting to pay to park to get their MacBook fixed.

They could sell stuff, as i said they would be able to sell ipods, and iphones... though imagine someone carrying a iMac back to their car... would be easier to sell it to them and then deliver it to their home instead. I know in Tampa they have 2 stores, a flagship at the international mall and a secondary thats smaller located at brandon mall.

In regards to whether or not Apple would do well in a theme park shopping setting or not. The same thing was said about them opening there first one in an airport. Well that was several years ago and now there in multiple airports across the world. There stores are of a different class and attract people with some serious cash.

Go into the Mall of Millennia store and just watch the foreigners purchase everything and then have them ship it all for them. I have personally seen one man drop over 5K on getting his entire family iPads and thats not out of the ordinary. The customer is there I assure you that and it doesn't matter if its in Disney or Universal the store would be a success. The Apple customer wants the newest toy they put out and the company is blowing out sales predictions. I'm one of them, just in the past two months I have purchased and iMac, iPhone 4S, and the airport extreme router. Now I'm waiting on the iPad 3 due out sometime next month.:look:

The only reason you may never see one is simply due to the fact the parks may not want such a money machine "outside" the turnstiles.

I really like the idea of a music store, or even better a Universal Media Store for music, movies, posters... I always enjoyed the Virgin store at DTD, and was upset that it closed. I'd love something similar in CW! Also a Universal prop shop would be awesome!

I would also like a nice concert venue like HoB.

Hard Rock

In regards to whether or not Apple would do well in a theme park shopping setting or not. The same thing was said about them opening there first one in an airport. Well that was several years ago and now there in multiple airports across the world. There stores are of a different class and attract people with some serious cash.

I agree. I think an Apple store would work really well in CW. Technology products cost a lot more in other countries and tourists buy a lot of it here. Having it in CityWalk, on Universal property where they are vacationing, so near their hotels, they don't even need to travel out to a Mall to buy Apple products... That'd be awesome for a tourist, or even an out-of-town-er that doesn't have an Apple store in/near their home town. I think it'd be great!

For being owned by Comcast/NBC/Universal, it is surprising that there are little to no stationary references throughout the entertainment district of the fact aside from the name obviously being plastered everywhere. So I would be in favor of an NBC Store or better yet, and change NBA City to an NBC Sports Grille, with adjacent shopping/entertainment. Also, I don't believe Uni has a comedy club anywhere on site. Could a section of the building be relegated to make a SNL/improv style venue?

A memorabilia store also sounds nice.

Why is everybody so fixated on getting rid or altering NBA City? It's very nice as is and it ties in nicely considering Orlando has the Magic. Rebrand the Nascar Grille if you must, but honestly I don't know what sounds so attractive about "NBC Sports." They don't exactly have the brand recognition of ESPN.

I would also support a Universal memorabilia store as has been mentioned. As for the Apple store idea, I don't think it would work at all in CityWalk. It would be better suited for Downtown Disney if only for the free parking.

Yeah, Apple won't be coming to Universal. (Apple = Pixar = Disney)

NBA City does need a re-tool/rehab, but it definitely should stay.

I remember the rumors of the company that runs Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde's dining. bar and entertainment venue in NY ready to try their hands at making a second one and looking at City Walk. Not sure who started that one but it would of been fun. It was like a random resturant improv dining theme like Adventurer's club but more of a horror and odd theme concept.

Personally I would love to see a nicer Universal store, not that I don't like the one now it's just too small. Second I wouldn't mind an exotic/novelty shop based off of IOA somewhere in City Walk...maybe an Ocean Traders Annex.
Not really a shop but I would love to also see a Bowling alley or hi-tech Universal themed Arcade come, the Nascar one on the second level just doesn't so that for me..Maybe an attraction like WonderWorks, Ripleys, or a haunted attraction...Hopefully Universal has the vision or plan to make City Walk a potential third day part of the resort, right now it's an end of day part which isn't bad, but it could be more.

Yeah, Apple won't be coming to Universal. (Apple = Pixar = Disney)

NBA City does need a re-tool/rehab, but it definitely should stay.

Interesting....So much for my water park idea based off of Angry Birds, Temple Run and some other apps...