What new shopping would you like to see in CW? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

What new shopping would you like to see in CW?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I am standing in JP as a day visitor and I really 'need' something basic, do you think I want to hike all the way to the parking garage, drive off property, shop, drive back and hike back to JP? That's one hour of time right there... just for an Advil.

Had to do this once.

I had entered IOA and broke out the camera for a few shots. I took a few pics and the display stated "out of memory". So I checked for the SDHC card. Sure enough, it wasn't there! I had a small capacity card in my P&S but it just wouldn't do. I went to the photo shop at the entrance and they where out of them. If they did have them in stock the price was something like $59.99. I don't think so. So we shot over to Wal-Mart picked up a SanDisk card for $14 and returned. Lesson learned. Always double check you equipment before leaving home!

A CW convenience store would have probably been close to the same price but at least I would have had another option.

I know at BGT, at the Emporium, they have med single packets at the check out counter, just have to ask for them and they were like a dollar.
I have to agree with Teebin, I don't leave property until its time to go and if its right there I don't mind paying a little extra. Just not an astronomical amount.

Hey guys, you know that if you need something medically related you can do so at health services right?

Whenever I have a headache inside the parks, I go to health services and ask for ibuprofen, they're more than happy to give you some without any issue.

Medically related you can go to health services and they can give it to you for free and the main stores in IOA / Universal / City Walk have sunscreen, chapstick and things.

They also have individual packs of pain killers (ibuprophen and tylonol), Tums, and decongestants for sale at Island Traders and The Universal Studios Store.

^ Yeah I felt like they had gangs casing the joint out. You a Dodgers fan boy?! Pow!

Well I am a Yankees fan, and I it would be cool if they had store that has more than NBA gear. It probably won't happen, but now that I think about it a convenience store in City Walk isn't gonna happen. Think about it. When you go to the parks, they have stands for photo pick ups and sunscreen, and both parks have a first aid station. It makes sense to sell things such as sunscreen or pain killers at the parks since you might be there for a while. However, that is the complete opposite for City Walk. When you go to City Walk, everything except for the Hollywood Mini Golf and the Shoreline are indoors, and they would have first aid in their stores or restaurants anyway if you need it.

It's a great idea, but it's not necessary in CW.

I think a music store would work great in Citywalk, especially centered around Univeral Music artists.

Reading over some of these posts. I think they should put a Universal collectible store featuring merchandise that you can only get there, or expanding the Universal Store with a better selection of t-shirts and other novelties.

Reading over some of these posts. I think they should put a Universal collectible store featuring merchandise that you can only get there, or expanding the Universal Store with a better selection of t-shirts and other novelties.

It's really surprising how hard it is to find Universal Monster merch anywhere in the resort.

It's really surprising how hard it is to find Universal Monster merch anywhere in the resort.

Well when somebody makes the next great Universal monsters movie, which they have been begging to get for years to use at the parks, then we will see a lot more monsters merch. There really should be, but I guess you need a good movie first.

Exactly! You can't even go to a regular retail store without Amazon or some other online outlet trumping them. I can't imagine what a ripoff such products would be in a CityWalk store.

you dont have to imagine. they sell dvds in the park. go check out the DM, simpsons, t2 stores. they are everywhere. but i'd love a movie merch store. that sells prop replicas and stuff for cheap. they used to sell the BTTF rainbow hat in the BTTF store.