What new shopping would you like to see in CW? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

What new shopping would you like to see in CW?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally I would love to see a nicer Universal store, not that I don't like the one now it's just too small. Second I wouldn't mind an exotic/novelty shop based off of IOA somewhere in City Walk...maybe an Ocean Traders Annex.
Not really a shop but I would love to also see a Bowling alley or hi-tech Universal themed Arcade come, the Nascar one on the second level just doesn't so that for me..Maybe an attraction like WonderWorks, Ripleys, or a haunted attraction...Hopefully Universal has the vision or plan to make City Walk a potential third day part of the resort, right now it's an end of day part which isn't bad, but it could be more.

Interesting....So much for my water park idea based off of Angry Birds, Temple Run and some other apps...

I would love to see it!

I'd say Dave and Buster's would be more likely than a Universal arcade, but that went out the window last year.
Yes that would have been great...
I also thought about Universal doing a deal with Google and possibly adding a Google Play store..it could have music, movies, Andriod Schtuff and maybe even sell Chromebooks and Tablets...plus maybe add a Wi-Fi lounge where people could just chill...like I said CityWalk needs to be an another day experience..

Not really a shop but I would love to also see a Bowling alley or hi-tech Universal themed Arcade come

About 4 years ago their were surveys floating around for Universal doing a Bowling Alley. I think what happened was Disney got the Bowling Alley so Universal went with the Mini-Golf. I think an arcade is a grand idea as well. Put it on the Hard Rock side of the lagoon since that side is less busy, advertise how huge it is and get more people on that side. Without Hard Rock and Blue Man that side would be such a ghost town.

About 4 years ago their were surveys floating around for Universal doing a Bowling Alley. I think what happened was Disney got the Bowling Alley so Universal went with the Mini-Golf. I think an arcade is a grand idea as well. Put it on the Hard Rock side of the lagoon since that side is less busy, advertise how huge it is and get more people on that side. Without Hard Rock and Blue Man that side would be such a ghost town.

That's only gonna get worse if people start taking a Hogwarts train instead of walking the lagoon between the parks. They really should address a way of driving more traffic to that area.

How about a video game store? I know alot of people wouldnt like that because you could go to a gamestop anywhere else lol but thats just what I think...

Not exactly shopping but I would really like to see a convenient store in Citywalk. People would go there, people go to the one on the way out of Magic Kingdom.

Not exactly shopping but I would really like to see a convenient store in Citywalk. People would go there, people go to the one on the way out of Magic Kingdom.

I completely agree. Walgreens does the first aid stations at Uni. Why aren't there one or two mini-Walgreens? Chapstik, sunscreen, bandaids, tums, clean-wipes, etc. I have never understood the lack of mini catch-all stores in the parks here. Defies comprehension.

That would be interesting. But I think mainly the target would be people staying at the hotels for that kind of thing and who are not leaving property that need essentials or near essentials at a premium 'you are stuck here' price. Anyone just visiting City Walk that can leave would just leave to another place to get them and the Onsite hotels all feature their own convenient stores to get the people who are stuck.

Kind of off topic but has the mega Walgreens opened next to SeaWorld yet?

Kind of off topic but has the mega Walgreens opened next to SeaWorld yet?

I'm honestly not sure.

That would be interesting. But I think mainly the target would be people staying at the hotels for that kind of thing and who are not leaving property that need essentials or near essentials at a premium 'you are stuck here' price. Anyone just visiting City Walk that can leave would just leave to another place to get them and the Onsite hotels all feature their own convenient stores to get the people who are stuck.

I definitely think it would get good traffic, not even just hotel guest. There's a lot of people who would buy coffee that isn't Starbucks, and pastries, fountain drinks, etc and cheap food as well. Then you have your general health stuff, bandaids, sunscreen, etc. I think there would be a market that isn't just hotel guest but it would definitely be nice for them too.

If I am standing in JP as a day visitor and I really 'need' something basic, do you think I want to hike all the way to the parking garage, drive off property, shop, drive back and hike back to JP? That's one hour of time right there... just for an Advil.

If I am standing in JP as a day visitor and I really 'need' something basic, do you think I want to hike all the way to the parking garage, drive off property, shop, drive back and hike back to JP? That's one hour of time right there... just for an Advil.

I know advil and what not is sold in the park and is available at First Aid but there are some basic necessities that aren't. I bet people would buy diapers. Then there is also the added plus of people buying things on the way in and on the way out. At Disney they are only able to get people on the way out.

^ I never knew that. Does someone have a full list of what they sell in first aid? Does disney first aid sell stuff too?

I know at Disney you can buy advil and the like almost anywhere. Just ask for it at a store.

Not sure what Uni's policies are there, but I think it's the same.

I know at Disney you can buy advil and the like almost anywhere. Just ask for it at a store.

Not sure what Uni's policies are there, but I think it's the same.

You can get advil and the likes for free at First Aid (I have done this before whilst having a throbbing headache), but strictly speaking of Disney I know every Merch stores sells small bandaids and some sort of headache medicine.

Pathetic I know, but my chief concerns are breath mints and chapstik, with chapstik being the killah. If I run out of, or lose that, I go insane.

^ addicted ^

They might have chapstick at first aid, I know Disney sells Disney Candy Co. brand breathmints and I think Uni has some around the park as well.

And if anything this conversation should breed even more discussion for you guys UNIVERSAL *hint hint*. There's obviously a void to be filled.