Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that if they are seriously considering an expansion, that they are also seriously considering the Gringotts coaster. It's definitely the most popular idea and it would be so awesome! Can you imagine? The queue can be the lobby with realistic animatronic goblins staring you down and working away. Then we board onto the carts and it'd be a really fast indoor coaster through the underground caves where we can go through vaults full of gold, precious artifacts and movie props, we have our encounter with the dragon and we are chased by it, all the time going really fast :D Then we would exit into a gift store where we can purchase replicas and toys of Wizard currency and the artifacts we see throughout the ride.

I'd LOVE a Quidditch coaster, but only next to Hogwarts. Anywhere else it'd feel out of place :shrug: Isn't there any land behind Jurassic Park they can "burrow?" :p

I hope that if they are seriously considering an expansion, that they are also seriously considering the Gringotts coaster. It's definitely the most popular idea and it would be so awesome! Can you imagine? The queue can be the lobby with realistic animatronic goblins staring you down and working away. Then we board onto the carts and it'd be a really fast indoor coaster through the underground caves where we can go through vaults full of gold, precious artifacts and movie props, we have our encounter with the dragon and we are chased by it, all the time going really fast :D Then we would exit into a gift store where we can purchase replicas and toys of Wizard currency and the artifacts we see throughout the ride.

If Universal does that, I will go to Universal immediately when it opens and be the first rider! :happy:

Whoa, I have never seen that before. It would be so cool!
Yeaaah. It's a great idea! Something like that would be awesome :DDD

I've just started to imagine the whole attraction with your description, Felipe! OMG. So exciting!

I'd LOVE a Quidditch coaster, but only next to Hogwarts. Anywhere else it'd feel out of place Isn't there any land behind Jurassic Park they can "burrow?"
I agree with you! And... I've just checked Google Earth... There's no place for it :(
A quidditch field would be really awesome. They could demolish Flight of the Hippogriff and build the field there. Is the only place that would fit perfectly. But. It's not going to happen, of course. :(

I also mentioned it in this topic:

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...Eventually-Become-Part-Of-The-Wizarding-World

Okay, first off, I LOVE all these ideas, but the problem with the Hogwarts Express idea is that there is already a Hogwarts Express (by the HP entrance from TLC). It would still be neat! :thumbs:

Whoa, I have never seen that before. It would be so cool!

It would be neat to have the Burrow. Oh, and just a head's up, it's spelled Ginny, not Jeanny. :thumbs:

As for my ideas, I haven't thought of much yet, but I definitely like the Gringott's coaster idea.

Uuuuh... Where did I have my thoughts??? :) Ginny of course! :)

Well, I don´t want to have serious trouble with Harry anyway... :))

Hello everyone, I haven't posted for a LONG TIME, I actually got a new account a while ago because it was so long since my last post i forgot my username and password. but i've been reading for a long time, since Mr. Powerade bottle, and the great courtyard debate. And actually haven't even been on to read anything since i finally got back from TWWOHP a few months ago. I felt like there were already so many reviews after i got back it would just be pure redundancy to post anything potter related.

Anyway, I've been away from Orlando long enough I'm starting to need my fix again so i thought i would jump back on the wagon.

If this Phase II is true, does everyone understand that there is NO UNOCCUPIED room left around Potter for further expansion... And assuming Jurassic Park isn't going anywhere this would be the extinction of the Lost Continent as we know it. Which, IMO, wouldn't be so awful considering there's not much of it left anyway...

Again, I've been gone a while so if this is already been discussed i apologize...

Yah, it's hard to stay away forever, haha. Of course the gringott's coaster would draw comparisons to the mummy, but I really don't mind. It's two separate parks, so they can overlap a bit and not be redundant. It would spatially fit in and around the Sinbad show area, and would thematically work because Gringotts should be outside the gates of Hogsmeade so nothing would need to be moved. Potterland could be expanded a bit, maybe one new shop and some area decor for the entrance, no more than 200ft of Lost Continent real estate.
If I were designing the expansion, I would use all the way up to just before the bridge for an HP theme, 1 ride, 1 decent shop and 1 quick dining area. Now comes what I think to be a great use of the rest of Lost Continent... theme up the bridge a bit to the tune of Jurassic Park, and utilize Poseidon's fury and Mythos for some sort of new high thrill ride and nice dining. This whole section could be based around the new movie eventually coming out. The movie may even feature some ruins which would allow for Mythos to keep its theme. Just a thought.

Why not turn Sinbad into a show that takes place in the Ministry of Magic, like in the courtroom? That would be neat.

That could work... Maybe make it into a walkthrough, you're getting a tour as muggles (would make sense with the whole Hogwarts backstory) of the Ministry of Magic and suddenly Harry battles with Voldemort (something that would fit into oh say the 5th book... Not exactly cannon with a bunch of muggles running around, but then, neither is Hogwarts xD)...

I forgot one someone else mentioned-

-The Burrow- Like Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, just a large structure filled with (interactive) props and effects that guests can walk through.

Also added to my original post :)

The Gringott's coaster sounds llike a cool idea; however I would also like to see a Knockturn Alley with Borgin and Burke's (since they have "moved" some of the shops from Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade already) and I don't think they would have room to do everything. I imagine they'll have to be quite selective if they're taking over the rest of Lost Continent. An extra ride of some shape or form would be good. I don't think they will make an experience that has an overlap with the current ride (i.e. dementors, quidditch unless in a completely different form).

Not so sure about a walkthrough Burrow (or Shell Cottage, or even the Lovegood's house/Malfoy Manor if people are thinking along those lines).

Does anyone have any idea of how valid this information is? Just wondering how trustworthy the source of the rumor is. I want to be convinced this is going to happen before we start going crazy with ideas of what it might be...

DH and JS seemed to be tuned into the same source, and that is 2 people stating what we probably all KNEW was eventually going to happen. So its now not a matter of if, but when, and how much of LC we will be losing to an expansion. I truly hope it is only the arabian section of LC and Sinbad being taken away.

Maybe they can re-theme the Mystic Fountain into something more Potterish?

I'm with Nightshade on this...I just want to see SOME KIND of hard evidence that points to this really happening, ANYTHING other than a "rumor" (No offense to the sources) but show me some evidence and I'll jump in.

With the amount of money sitting there? Not to mention all of the other exclusive products they can make for sale here, how can they not?!

The area just opened as well, you won't see evidence for at least a year.

I expect an expansion someday down the road, but not for some time. Why? The current Wizarding World only opened a few measly months ago, and it's still racking up a mammoth profit. They're gonna wait till the crowds start to lower before adding something new to attract guests back. If they announced an expansion now, those who haven't yet visited will just postpone their trips to when the Potter expansion has debuted.
Also, if I may add, I think the next "expansion" won't necessarily be a ride or new section, but instead a new event (Christmas or Halloween) or a new "experience" (interactive wands around the resort).

I have actually heard this "rumor" from 3 separate sources. 2 of which are basically clueless types of folks who just heard through the grapevine that it was happening. So I was pretty skeptical. Then I heard the exact same rumor from someone that I know to be VERY connected and VERY reliable. And I can tell you that the folks down at TDO DO believe this rumor.

I have heard NOTHING about what attractions/ shops/ potter locals are to be included. I have heard that Sindbad is history. Don't know anything about Posiden's or Mythos.

And the timeline is that construction will start very soon (like right after the Holiday Season) and they are aiming for a Spring 2012 opening.

Oh, and this is just my guess but I am betting it is going to just be the area from the arch just past Fire Eaters Grill to the current Hogsmeade entry arch by the train. That way they could use the temp bridge to get around the area and they will use the older bridge to access TWWOHP during construction.

But please keep in mind as of yet this IS still just a rumor.

Last edited:
I really hope this ends up becoming a reality, and the one thing I noticed is a rumored spring 2012 opening. I wonder if this opening date is planned to beat Disney's Fantasyland expansion opening date as well?

They would be smart to expand the island for sure. Here's hoping they do, and if it really is an opening planned for early 2012 then :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.