Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Potter stunt show would be blah, I don't want to see people "flying" around on a broom suspended by wires in a stunt show. Not to mention they really can't recreate the speed a broom is suppossed to go either. If they level the Sinbad show, we are going to get some sort of indoor attraction, there is no other way they could do anything worth it unless they were to do that.

They can't turn Mythos into the Great Hall Dining (thats something Disney would do) but maybe the Leaky Cauldron, but there aren't really any restaurants in the Potterverse that are full service worthy IMHO.

Mythos and Poseidon have to stay, Sinbad and Arabian section has to go.

You pretty much nailed it IMO. I love Universal but lets face it live shows are not necessarily their forte. Stick with the dark thrill rides and don't mess with Mythos and PF.

No live action shows? I think they could do a good one with the Potter license, especially some nice dueling action with the wands and lights and all.

A Potter stunt show would be blah, I don't want to see people "flying" around on a broom suspended by wires in a stunt show. Not to mention they really can't recreate the speed a broom is suppossed to go either. If they level the Sinbad show, we are going to get some sort of indoor attraction, there is no other way they could do anything worth it unless they were to do that.

They can't turn Mythos into the Great Hall Dining (thats something Disney would do) but maybe the Leaky Cauldron, but there aren't really any restaurants in the Potterverse that are full service worthy IMHO.

Mythos and Poseidon have to stay, Sinbad and Arabian section has to go.

Yes, yes, yes! :rep:

I hate the idea of a Potter stunt show. It makes me cringe to just think about it... And let's not forget that JK Rowling didn't want any actors portraying the characters from the books/films, so it would have to be random wizards and not many would care to see that.

Mythos and Poseidon have to stay. Although I'm not a fan of Poseidon's Fury, I think it has to stay because Mythos cannot stay as a stand-alone.

I think they would be fine and dandy expanding just into Sinbad and the Arabian section.

This may be nothing, but this past Sunday I saw the pearl shop that is in LC (the one that gives you a free pearl with your Annual Pass) set up in a tent out in City Walk. I don't know if it's been there before, but could they be testing the waters to see how that would do outside of LC? (Since those shops would not stay in LC if Potter takes over...)

Some people have questioned the numbers on income from WW... but those people are forgetting the income increase from filled resort hotels. Hotels are a cash cow when they are filled. That is why Disney has built so many of them and tied them hard to their parks. If bookings at the hotels are up 25-45% because of WW then I am sure that is all factored in.

Even Citywalk has a play in this... if stores at Citywalk are renting and selling, then that can go into the bottom line created by the impact of the WWoHP. Look at Downtown Disney, then look back at Citywalk, which appears more successful in this day and age? Now add PARKING. It is a very very big picture.

While I currently have no info regarding a phase II, I have a few looking into it for me as it was even under their radar. Universal is soooo fascinatingly secretive, and I LOVE it!

Last edited:
They make money period, there was an article on a website somewhere that stated that through the first 6 months of the year UO attendance was down, but only ONE month into WW being open, they made up the lost attendance PLUS another million. And they did run out of several items in the shops, so the money was flowing in anyway you look at it, especially Butterbeer, which is an in house made product, so its gotta be marked up at LEAST 200% of the cost of making it.

UO is making money, anyone questioning that, is an idiot in my opinion.

LOL, I was just about to quote another of your posts Vyrus. Here is a thought, I will anyway!

I truly think that Mythos could easily be changed to the horcrux cavern scene where Dumbledore has to drink the water. Not sure what that is called... but there could be statues of those evil little nymphs frozen into the walls all over (frozen by Dumbledore maybe sorta kinda). They could keep the upscale menu because you are, in a way, not in the world of HP in that scene, you are in an alien world unfamiliar to HP. I am merely trying to offer that nothing is impossible... as we have seen with the current results of Uni's treatment of HP.

Not to start some hellfire, but am I the only one in the Lost Continent renovation camp? Right now WWOHP and Marvel are about tied attraction-wise (FJ vs. Spidey, DC vs. Hulk). WWOHP is winning theme-wise; does the best section of the park need an upgrade? LC is dying right now. I agree with replacing Sinbad, but it needs to be replaced by something for LC. Otherwise we'll have to walk through restaurant-and-walkthrough-land to get to the best thing the theme park industry has ever seen. It could be done, certainly, but I'm not sure it should be done.

LOL, I was just about to quote another of your posts Vyrus. Here is a thought, I will anyway!

I truly think that Mythos could easily be changed to the horcrux cavern scene where Dumbledore has to drink the water. Not sure what that is called... but there could be statues of those evil little nymphs frozen into the walls all over (frozen by Dumbledore maybe sorta kinda). They could keep the upscale menu because you are, in a way, not in the world of HP in that scene, you are in an alien world unfamiliar to HP. I am merely trying to offer that nothing is impossible... as we have seen with the current results of Uni's treatment of HP.

While not impossible, would it be plausible? And more importantly would Rowling sign off on something like that?

Since she is SO picky about all of the details in the land, I doubt she allow to create something out of nothing. To me a sit down restaurant would only be worth it if they had elves serving you :lol: But on a serious and personal note, its just such a great restaurant and fantastic theming, that I would HATE to lose something that good.

Lets see if any of those sand cranes dig up some info for you :lol:

:lol:

How could one forget? Whenever anyone saw a post from you the traffic to the site spiked :lol:

I'm sure they won't hear anything through the grapevine. UO is letting the current Phase 1 of WW get a good run in before any changes take effect.

I've said it before, if they announce the closure of Sinbad, then we KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that Phase 2 is coming.

You remembered my sand hill cranes. I am flattered! Those guys are clueless right now, but it IS mating season. That has caused a many to be very clueless in the moment.

Ah ha ha ha, glad to see you back Teebin. I don't think your "cave dining" idea would work because as previously stated, J.K. Rowling is so picky about details. I'm sorry to those of you still clinging to hope, but I'm convinced that all of LC is doomed. Mythos will become the Leaky Cauldron (full service of course), Poseidon's Fury will become some sort of indoor attraction (using something similar to Sea World's dome in Wild Arctic, create some sort of true Quidditch attraction? IDK), and Sinbad would become a Gringotts attraction, along with the Arabian section and other space being used for Diagon Alley/London...

Ah ha ha ha, glad to see you back Teebin. I don't think your "cave dining" idea would work because as previously stated, J.K. Rowling is so picky about details. I'm sorry to those of you still clinging to hope, but I'm convinced that all of LC is doomed. Mythos will become the Leaky Cauldron (full service of course), Poseidon's Fury will become some sort of indoor attraction (using something similar to Sea World's dome in Wild Arctic, create some sort of true Quidditch attraction? IDK), and Sinbad would become a Gringotts attraction, along with the Arabian section and other space being used for Diagon Alley/London...

Never take me literally, unless I say literally. It was an idea born on the fact that JKR does bend a bit. Olivanders is a big bend from the books.

Cool quote re WWoHP on Oprah.

"They showed us their ideas, and I thought, 'This could be amazing,'" she says. "And it truly is. I mean, if I had been a reader of the books, I would have wanted to go there."

Never take me literally, unless I say literally. It was an idea born on the fact that JKR does bend a bit. Olivanders is a big bend from the books.

Cool quote re WWoHP on Oprah.

"They showed us their ideas, and I thought, 'This could be amazing,'" she says. "And it truly is. I mean, if I had been a reader of the books, I would have wanted to go there."

Yes, but Ollivanders did happen in the books - eating in the cave from Half Blood Prince did not :lol: But seriously speaking, yes, this is going to be very cool and I'm sure we will get a lot of info from you if this does happen lol... I seem to remember you were the most reliable rumor monger when this whole thing started xD...

^ Wasn't he the ONLY reliable person on most things Potter?

I was at IOAC when Potter started showing up. It seemed like you guys had alot of inside jokes :lol:
If they wanted to do one mega attraction built in both areas of PF and Sinbad, could they do it? Or do they don't connect like that.

They could combine pf and sinbad really easily if they wanted. They could also get tricky and build across the road behind that area.. But that building houses the operations supervisors and such so that won't happen!

They could also reroute the entire path so that it goes right after the bridge from seuss and wraps around to the entrance of hogshead. That'd free up a ton of space on the lagoon side.

Who knows! I really can't see them keeping Poseidon and Mythos though.. I mean the island would be like 100 feet long!

But like someone said earlier there really aren't many places in the hp books that are worth making into a sit down restaurant.

I hope if they do turn it into diagon alley they add some of the darker, scarier areas.

The only thing bad about hp aside from the neutering of Dueling Dragons is the fact that we'll never see horror nights at IOA again. Even if they go with both parks again I doubt JK would approve of having Death Eaters and Dementors making kids pee their robes. Seuss and WWOHP would make for some awesome scare zones.

Very true Teeb, but I'm airing on the side of history and reputation. For Mythos to beat out all of the WDW restaurants for all of those years, it would be a shame to get rid of it, or turn it into something that never existed in the Potterverse.

My heart and my gut says Mythos is staying, my mind is telling those two to be prepared for it to be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.