Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I apologize, but I am both nostalgic and pragmatic. I have eaten there once and thought it was great and found the food to be such a contradiction to the fact I was in a theme park. Very good indeed. Let us see if the phase II thing is accurate. The fact that "Lee" stated it makes me think it is much more than just a goofy rumor.

Personally the best thing about Mythos is that its not that expensive. No where NEAR what Disney charges for their signature restaurants. Hell its even cheaper than Emeril's and I'll argue the food is better.

More cryptic info from a reliable source. Spirit of 74 over at Laughing Place has said that this is a done deal, and will happen in the next few years. Also, according to him whatever the new attraction will be, expect it to be close to or on the level of Forbidden Journey.

Well I doubt they would build another Kuka arm attraction. The only thing that could come close would be a Gringotts closer to the spirit of the Mummy, but I want it on Steroids. :lol:

I want a full scale AA dragon that actually takes a step towards you, that shakes the ground, and that we narrowly miss.

This is interesting, I guess Lost continent will be given to Potter at this rate. It's too bad, I love the theming of the area. But, I don't mind a new attraction.

The thing with Mythos is, who is to say that Universal can't turn it into an even more impressive, award winning restaurant? If they were able to build such an amazing restaurant over ten years ago, why can't they trump it today?

Personally the best thing about Mythos is that its not that expensive. No where NEAR what Disney charges for their signature restaurants. Hell its even cheaper than Emeril's and I'll argue the food is better.

Mythos is much better then Emerils imo.

The thing with Mythos is, who is to say that Universal can't turn it into an even more impressive, award winning restaurant? If they were able to build such an amazing restaurant over ten years ago, why can't they trump it today?

Because the problem would be is what would it be themed to? What equvilent in the Potterverse could they re-theme it to? I know UO could make one hell of a restaurant, 3B is an awesome self service restaurant, and the decor is 2nd to none. But JKR would have to approve of it, and its not on the same level of Ollivanders which would allow 25 people in at a time vs 1 at a time. But it would have to be accurate to the books and hold true to the story.

Because the problem would be is what would it be themed to? What equvilent in the Potterverse could they re-theme it to? I know UO could make one hell of a restaurant, 3B is an awesome self service restaurant, and the decor is 2nd to none. But JKR would have to approve of it, and its not on the same level of Ollivanders which would allow 25 people in at a time vs 1 at a time. But it would have to be accurate to the books and hold true to the story.

I see your point there. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if the great minds of JKR and Universal could come up with a very nice, replacement for Mythos but I definitely see the challenge.

She could do is what she has done before, make something up just for the park. Something based on the yule ball or the fancy party at Horace Slughorns.

Last edited:
Well I doubt they would build another Kuka arm attraction. The only thing that could come close would be a Gringotts closer to the spirit of the Mummy, but I want it on Steroids. :lol:

I want a full scale AA dragon that actually takes a step towards you, that shakes the ground, and that we narrowly miss.

I never said Kuka. Just on the same level of detail.

I know and I never implied you said that, I was just making the comment it wouldn't be Kuka

Oh okay. And I think you might be wishing a little too hard for that dragon AA. I love UNI to death but their AAs are just never that impressive. The dragon in FJ is their best,IMO.
Well I gotta say the fj dragon dissapointed me. It was so much smaller than what I hoped for. Still cool just small. Anyways if they do make another dark ride I want something with death eaters and unforgivable curses :)

I think the FJ is impressive with the fact its so close to you and the reset it has to do so quickly.

Last edited:
I'm thinking some kind of dark ride along the lines of Midway Mania with a wand. Instead of different games you could have different spells you shoot at things. Throw in a few AA's and you have a decent family ride.

Sadly I don't think well see anything too intense that it would alienate smaller kids. Plus anything they add needs to be a crowd eater. I heard you shouldn't expect to see Dragons run 6 trains for awhile just to get people into a longer queue and off the streets!

Dragons hasn't run 6 trains in a very LONG time, even over the summer I think they only ran 4 because no one was too interesting in riding a ride that has been around as DD.

The new ride will definitely be an e-ticket, but its just a matter of what kind of technology they use for it. Are there any ride systems that UO does not use?

And I don't want an omnimover there.

I have been seeing many of your ideas on here, but I can assure you that due to J.K. Rowling's locations of these places throughout her books, there won't be any Ministry of Magic building, Diagon Alley, Knockturn Alley, etc. I'm not doubting the existence of an actual second phase, I'm just doubting that these places will be within the new expansion. In some instances, the places are technically more than 300 miles from Hogwarts. Even Hogsmeade is pushing the limit by being so close to Hogwarts; it's actually on the other side of the Lake, and the gates are also much farther than in the park. So any Gringott's coaster or anything of that sort is out of the question, sadly. It will be interesting to see whether or not this new phase is actually true. I want it to be so badly, but I'm taking everything with much less than a grain of salt. Actually, I would much rather see an extensive rock facade update with mountains in the background (and a general update to place many more forced perspective facades around the resort), and an extensive update to Dragon Challenge.

Reactions: mantaguy
I have been seeing many of your ideas on here, but I can assure you that due to J.K. Rowling's locations of these places throughout her books, there won't be any Ministry of Magic building, Diagon Alley, Knockturn Alley, etc. I'm not doubting the existence of an actual second phase, I'm just doubting that these places will be within the new expansion. In some instances, the places are technically more than 300 miles from Hogwarts. Even Hogsmeade is pushing the limit by being so close to Hogwarts; it's actually on the other side of the Lake, and the gates are also much farther than in the park. So any Gringott's coaster or anything of that sort is out of the question, sadly. It will be interesting to see whether or not this new phase is actually true. I want it to be so badly, but I'm taking everything with much less than a grain of salt. Actually, I would much rather see an extensive rock facade update with mountains in the background (and a general update to place many more forced perspective facades around the resort), and an extensive update to Dragon Challenge.

Well they did start covering up the show building so, we no longer have a large white building in the background, and its not as obvious anymore (thank god!), but they've already shown that distance is not a big deal to them. The train station is also much closer to Hogworts than where it is in the park, smack dack in the middle of Hogsmeade. Their goal is bringing these places to life with as much realism as possible. Sometimes that reality has to be stretched a little bit to be brough to life. And one of those would be having Diagon Alley outside of Hogsmeade or even having the Burrow, the Forbidden Forrest or something right outside the gates. Some reality has to sacrificed in order for it to be done.

Yeah, I understand, but in the instances of, say, the Burrow and Diagon Alley, the locations just wouldn't work out. In the books, those places are hundreds of miles away, not just one or two, lol.

And with respect to the show building, I understand the effort, by my sincere wishes are that it's just temporary, haha. The view of the show building ruins the perspective. Hey, I'm not complaining, I shared most of my deaths and tears with this place, but in the eyes of a future themed attractions designer and theme park junkie, it's just... not good. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.