Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 428 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a Knight Bus attraction could be done using the Kong 360 tech. You load the bus, pull forward through a brick tunnel into the screen section, mayhem ensues while they shake the ride vehicle around. When it's over pull out of the screen area through another brick tunnel into the unload area. Use 2 Busses. One loading while the other is unloading. While one is in the screen section the other would be pulling around from the unload to the load area.

Great idea. I'd also put the bus on a turn table so that you wouldn't always be facing the same direction (think Circle Vision).

So is Dumbledore. It all depends on what time period ride designers decide to use. Whenever a character dies in a work of fiction, that does not immediately mean they can't show up in a theme park.

I thought Dumbledore was supposed to be a ghost in the ride. I could of sworn I heard someone say that in the defense against the dark arts room.

I thought Dumbledore was supposed to be a ghost in the ride. I could of sworn I heard someone say that in the defense against the dark arts room.

Hermione was referring to Professor Binns, the guy who is going to give everyone in line a lecture on the History of Hogwarts. He is a ghost, and apparently quite boring.

If you're going by the books, it can be argued to be in between years 4 and 5. In the 4th book, due to the triwizard tournament, quidditch was canceled for th year. Harry and the Weasly twins get expelled from playing in the quidditch games because Harry gets into a fight with Malfoy and so do the weasly twins. Professor Umbridge expels them.

If you're going by the books, it can be argued to be in between years 4 and 5. In the 4th book, due to the triwizard tournament, quidditch was canceled for th year. Harry and the Weasly twins get expelled from playing in the quidditch games because Harry gets into a fight with Malfoy and so do the weasly twins. Professor Umbridge expels them.

Why would you think the 5th one is involved? There are banners rooting for the Triwizard entrants, implying it hasn't happened yet (As you walk by the Goblet of Fire, you can hear Dumbledore rattle off the names); and you're involved in a Quidditch match during FJ.

Either way, I was told by several employees that they had to read books 1-4 to prepare for the land when it opened.

i don't think FJ is going by the books' timeline. cause there are aspects shared by multiple books and movies.

Guys, the wizarding world is almost certainly set in an alternate timeline of harry potter canon (oh god that was the nerdiest thing I've ever written) as it's obviously a "best of" the series.

Example - Things being in hogsmead that should be in diagon alley, dementors in hogwarts, dumbledoor is alive, etc.

Don't anybody forget, the loading platform is intended to be the room of requirement, which Harry and co. establish they know nothing about til book 6. Simply put, there is 0 chance of locating a singular date in the books for the wwohp and having no innacuaracies.

Don't anybody forget, the loading platform is intended to be the room of requirement, which Harry and co. establish they know nothing about til book 6. Simply put, there is 0 chance of locating a singular date in the books for the wwohp and having no innacuaracies.

Actually that was Order of the Phoniex :p One intresting thing I notice in FJ is that Ginny is part of the Quidditch team. If they were going by movies, this would be in Half Blood Prince since they skipped Qudditch in OotP which was when Ginny joined in the books.

Last edited:

Apologies, I meant to type book 5, I was thinking about how it couldn't be book 6 either with dumbledore's hand. Additionally, during forbidden journey, it shows gryffindor playing slytherin with Harry and Malfoy against each other, but book 2 is the only time this occurs.

1: Malfoy does not play for slytherin
3. Malfoy injured by Buckbeak
4. Triwizard Cup. No Quidditch.
5. Harry is suspended by Umbridge
6. Malfoy repairing vanishing cabinet
7. Harry not at Hogwarts

Actually kind of interesting that they only met once on the field (book 2). Suffice it to say, there's 0 intent on a specific date or even book, just that we're permitted into Hogwarts on an unspecified day during Harry's time there.

Last edited:
Apologies, I meant to type book 5, I was thinking about how it couldn't be book 6 either with dumbledore's hand. Additionally, during forbidden journey, it shows gryffindor playing slytherin with Harry and Malfoy against each other, but book 2 is the only time this occurs.

7. Harry not at Hogwarts

Actually kind of interesting that they only met once on the field (book 2). Suffice it to say, there's 0 intent on a specific date or even book, just that we're permitted into Hogwarts on an unspecified day during Harry's time there.

General Specific lives up to his name!

7. Harry not at Hogwarts

Harry plays against Malfoy in Order of the Phoenix. That's the game that gets him, Fred, and George suspended from Quiditch. Harry didn't even fight Malfoy; it was Fred and George.

Man I forgot how much I hated that woman.

But anyways, obviously that's not the same game as the one in the ride. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has no specific timeline and is therefore not 100% canon. Deal with it. edit: "deal with it" not aimed at you, seeing as how I agree with you

Last edited:
Wait, wasn't it Fred and Harry who attacked Malfoy, but then Umbridge also banned George for life because he would have joined in if he weren't being held back? Harry Potter is the only book series that I have read more times than I can remember :smiley:. I think that Dolores Umbridge is the real villain of the Wizarding World. I mean, Voldemort is evil and all, but that woman is just foul; I think that Phase III will be awesome if she makes an appearance in the Ministry. Regardless of the ride type, they would have to put restraints on the vehicles for her animatronics sake.

If there is an up charge attraction to beat an Um bridge AA I'd pay any price. Couldn't finish books because of her.

Official line is our visit happening during TriWizards.

Which is load of bull.

The only reason for this is being too cheap to remove Dragon Challenge and needing some semblance of entertainment.

I disagree. From my view there are very few times in the book where you can pick from, and even then nothing fits perfectly. Allowing Muggels into Hogsmead and Hogwarts would be massive news in the Wizarding World, yet nothing is mentioned in the books?

There's going to be time and story issues no matter what's done. The important thing is theme and not to confuse the theme with the story or set decorations.

Status
Not open for further replies.