Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 426 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a lot of talk about how the hogwarts express is going to work across two parks and it got me to thinking about WWoHP phase 3.
I was thinking if they turn the back (employee parking lot) into WWoHP(park) and put in a 3rd gate.The WWoHP phase one would be easy to cut out of IOA
and The new one could be cut out if they make a new bridge fro MIB to Disaster.
If you want to go to the WWoHP you board the Knight bus at the parking deck and they drive you around back.
Universal would have a third gate at that point.
If rumors about LoTR are true they would be set to bus you to 4th gate (middle earth)
With 4 gates and 4 hotels they would seriously be competing with Disney on a level playing field
Instead of "On my Orlando vacation of 7 days I will spend 1 or 2 days at Universal"
I will spend 1/2 my time at Universal (3 1/2 days)

No inside info just thinking and wishing

There has been a lot of talk about how the hogwarts express is going to work across two parks and it got me to thinking about WWoHP phase 3.
I was thinking if they turn the back (employee parking lot) into WWoHP(park) and put in a 3rd gate.The WWoHP phase one would be easy to cut out of IOA
If you want to go to the WWoHP you board the Knight bus at the parking deck and they drive you around back.
If rumors about LoTR are true they would be set to bus you to 4th gate (middle earth)
With 4 gates and 4 hotels they would seriously be competing with Disney on a level playing field
Instead of "On my Orlando vacation of 7 days I will spend 1 or 2 days at Universal"

Where exactly would the employees park though?

I feel like devoting 2 entire park to 2 franchises would be a little bold. There would need to be more than 1 theme and I feel like that would be stretching Harry potter out a lot. Not to mention the lack of land to supply for both. I would hope that doesn't happen

Originally Posted by Kevin38
I was thinking if they turn the back (employee parking lot) into WWoHP(park) and put in a 3rd gate

I have had the same thoughts for a while. By building a phase 3 behind the existing parks they could tie all 3 phases together as 1 park, they could then emit HP from IOA & US giving 3 separate gates. possible yes likely? who knows. I do think they will go for a phase 3 eventually just how big is the question.

I'm thinking phase 3 would be minore(tweaked, upgrades, a single ride) how much more can you really add before it starts to he excessive? I don't think making Harry potter a full park in and of itself is very smart

a full HP park would've sounded like a good idea to me back before they started the first construction for WWoHP, but now it just seems like overkill and honestly what more could they possibly pull from the movies and books to make an entire park? i mean unless they just take the chunks from IOA and Uni and just bring those together to make a separate park.

and Lord of the Rings is too spread out, it'd be nearly impossible for there to be a whole park on it. the stand out lands there are literally the Shire, Rivendell, Mordor and maybe Isengard. that's too small to occupy a theme park imo, it's best to just take out Lost Continent (it's dead anyway) and replace and enlarge that area to accommodate the three major areas of Middle Earth. Mythos wouldn't exactly change in its theme, Poseidon's Fury's the only one that'd have to be literally taken down and that entire area would get bigger.

In the parking deck with the rest of us They already have 1 level and entrance there

That's for Citywalk employees. That would be not only a substantial amount of parking space to be added but a substantial amount of walking for the employees! Not to mention that there would need to be a place for human resources, ID processing, team member services, a replacement employee grill, and most importantly, wardrobe.

This will not happen.

a full HP park would've sounded like a good idea to me back before they started the first construction for WWoHP, but now it just seems like overkill and honestly what more could they possibly pull from the movies and books to make an entire park? i mean unless they just take the chunks from IOA and Uni and just bring those together to make a separate park.

and Lord of the Rings is too spread out, it'd be nearly impossible for there to be a whole park on it. the stand out lands there are literally the Shire, Rivendell, Mordor and maybe Isengard. that's too small to occupy a theme park imo, it's best to just take out Lost Continent (it's dead anyway) and replace and enlarge that area to accommodate the three major areas of Middle Earth. Mythos wouldn't exactly change in its theme, Poseidon's Fury's the only one that'd have to be literally taken down and that entire area would get bigger.

There's also Minas Trinth, Helms Deep, The Mines of Moria, I could go on. LOTR could occupy a full park.

at this point in the game, it makes no sense to add a 3rd gate devoted to Harry Potter. Talk about over kill and just not needed.

Phase III will happen, but it is not to add another land/area to the park. It will work upon the existing (soon to be for Phase II) areas.

It can happen. Disneyland employees park in a satellite location and get trammed over to the park area. If they need to for future expansion they certainly can come up with something that will work.

Such as Fear Factor Live replacement and the area behind Diagon Alley...most likey rite?

I would guess so. There's some unused land between Phase II and the FFL theater, and FFL has to go eventually.

Oh, BTW, I don't like the idea of a third gate dedicated to HP, or especially cutting anything out of the existing theme parks to bill it as a separate HP park. Would absolutely hate that. I'm a huge HP fan, but that just wouldn't please me as a Universal fan.
Not to mention, Universal would be shooting itself in the foot if they did that! Most of the increased attendance is thanks to Potter. If they cut Potter out of IoA and/or Studios, these would suffer greatly in attendance, and overall business.

Last edited:
I would guess so. There's some unused land between Phase II and the FFL theater, and FFL has to go eventually.

Oh, BTW, I don't like the idea of a third gate dedicated to HP, or especially cutting anything out of the existing theme parks to bill it as a separate HP park. Would absolutely hate that. I'm a huge HP fan, but that just wouldn't please me as a Universal fan.
Plus, Universal would be shooting itself in the foot. Most of the increased attendance is thanks to Potter. If they cut HP out of IoA and/or Studios, these would suffer greatly.

What do you think should go there?..Ministry of Magic?..Forbidden Forest?..Me, personally i would like to see the Qudditch field with a ride/coaster in the middle of it. I know somebody did a fake drawing of that before but i was thinking of an idea like that before i saw the picture. I still think it's a really good idea though..

What do you think should go there?..Ministry of Magic?..Forbidden Forest?..Me, personally i would like to see the Qudditch field with a ride/coaster in the middle of it. I know somebody did a fake drawing of that before but i was thinking of an idea like that before i saw the picture. I still think it's a really good idea though..

Geographically speaking, only the MoM would fit.

But like BriMan wisely said, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves :p

Status
Not open for further replies.