Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 427 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Privet Drive. But I, for the life of me, can't figure out why they would build Privet Drive.

Privet Drive doesn't have the magic that most of HP has, it's just a neighborhood. The Burrow on the other hand would be awesome. Maybe it could be an all-day breakfast restaurant or something.

Or Privet Drive. But I, for the life of me, can't figure out why they would build Privet Drive.

True, and I agree. Privet Drive would be too much of a stand-alone, it'd be small, and just out of place anywhere but in an exhibition or museum type-thing, not in a fully themed environment.

Privet Drive doesn't have the magic that most of HP has, it's just a neighborhood. The Burrow on the other hand would be awesome. Maybe it could be an all-day breakfast restaurant or something.

The Burrow would also be nice, but again it'd be too much of a stand alone and too small. :shrug:
12 Grimmauld Place would fit within London, but I don't know how doable that'd be.

BTW, reeling it back to Phase II, interesting bit from Amusement Pics' latest update (Feb 12, 2012):
"The tops of the piers along the new London waterfront seem to be cracking with some patch work taking place." (Pics on the link)

Last edited:
BTW, reeling it back to Phase II, interesting bit from Amusement Pics' latest update (Feb 12, 2012):
"The tops of the piers along the new London waterfront seem to be cracking with some patch work taking place." (Pics on the link)

Hmmm... I wonder what caused that? Finishing in the hot summer? I wonder if that is a kind of epoxy they are bolting it back together with.

For a far off FFL ride replacement, I could imagine a high-tech dark ride that essentially goes through some of the Potterverse's main locations in London. Given that Gringott's ride storyline stays within the actual walls of Gringott's, this second ride could explore the other main areas. Possibly utilizing trackless technology or even some future ride technology, the story could be that Dobby (realistically by this time, all main actors would be too old to return for filming) is leading you through various places to evade the death eaters. You load a ride vehicle in the Ministry of Magic. You tour the main lobby, the fireplace hall, the Department of Mysteries, and finally run into Dolores Umbridge whilst she is conducting a hearing. Something happens to provoke her, and she sends the Ministry officers and Dementors to chase you. Dobby apparates you away to 12 Grimmauld Place (a safe house) where Death Eaters already are and chase you out of the house into the street. Dobby then apparates you to Diagon Alley. Arriving at the upper level of the Leaky Cualdron, where a Death Eater is keeping watch, Dobby immediately begins to fight him. Chaos ensues that throws you out of a window and down into Diagon Alley. Dobby shows back up at the last minute to save you, and returns you to safety. Easter eggs throughout the ride could include seeing the Knight Bus speed by as you apparate or possibly showing Wool's Orphanage.

That's pretty much what I think could be a pretty good ride that explores some neat places for a Phase III attraction.

Reactions: Felipe
For a far off FFL ride replacement, I could imagine a high-tech dark ride that essentially goes through some of the Potterverse's main locations in London. Given that Gringott's ride storyline stays within the actual walls of Gringott's, this second ride could explore the other main areas. Possibly utilizing trackless technology or even some future ride technology, the story could be that Dobby (realistically by this time, all main actors would be too old to return for filming) is leading you through various places to evade the death eaters. You load a ride vehicle in the Ministry of Magic. You tour the main lobby, the fireplace hall, the Department of Mysteries, and finally run into Dolores Umbridge whilst she is conducting a hearing. Something happens to provoke her, and she sends the Ministry officers and Dementors to chase you. Dobby apparates you away to 12 Grimmauld Place (a safe house) where Death Eaters already are and chase you out of the house into the street. Dobby then apparates you to Diagon Alley. Arriving at the upper level of the Leaky Cualdron, where a Death Eater is keeping watch, Dobby immediately begins to fight him. Chaos ensues that throws you out of a window and down into Diagon Alley. Dobby shows back up at the last minute to save you, and returns you to safety. Easter eggs throughout the ride could include seeing the Knight Bus speed by as you apparate or possibly showing Wool's Orphanage.

That's pretty much what I think could be a pretty good ride that explores some neat places for a Phase III attraction.

SPOILER ALERT!:
Dobby's dead :'(

I think that factor kind of ruins your idea, although I like it. Especially since he is one of my top three favorite characters.

SPOILER ALERT!:
Dobby's dead :'(

I think that factor kind of ruins your idea, although I like it. Especially since he is one of my top three favorite characters.

So is Dumbledore. It all depends on what time period ride designers decide to use. Whenever a character dies in a work of fiction, that does not immediately mean they can't show up in a theme park.

Either way, that post was merely me thinking out loud of what I think a cool Phase III ride could be. Does it have to include Dobby? No. Just pick another ancillary character that serves as the guide.

Last edited:
So is Dumbledore. It all depends on what time period ride designers decide to use. Whenever a character dies in a work of fiction, that does not immediately mean they can't show up in a theme park.

Either way, that post was merely me thinking out loud of what I think a cool Phase III ride could be. Does it have to include Dobby? No. Just pick another ancillary character that serves as the guide.

Good point, don't know how that slipped my mind. Well, I retract my statement and I choose Dobby as the guide, sounds like a quality attraction to me.

That sounds like a lot of fun, actually! And it would be a great way to have different locations, by bringing them together into a ride. Dobby (and maybe Kreacher too?) helping us to apparate would allow seamless transitions between the different places :thumbs:

I think I still believe that there'll be another show coming to the theater, but if they decide to take it down and expand there, I love your idea! :thumbs:

Umm nothing else will do this justice so im just gonna say

yes please.

That would be amazing! :thumbs:

It sounds like a cool idea, but it's very hard to execute. Apparating everywhere might be a little more difficult a transition (imo, I just don't see it looking as good as everyone thinks), and I'd prefer a Ministry of Magic separate attraction. You don't have a bad direction though it sounds fun!

I just want (for a phase iii) a:
Ministry of Magic walkthrough/ride
Forbidden Forest dark ride
Maybe a Hall of Dark Magic, where you explore a large room that contains artifacts and "research" on all the dark creatures, wizards and other forms of magic on display, including an entire wall dedicated to the horcruxes. It'd be perfect for photo opportunities!
Olivander's moved to Diagon Alley
A broomstick riding attraction
It'd also be cool if they could do something cool with going into the castle and "taking classes" like potions, charms and herbology and do fun little activities in each class of your choosing.

I'd like to see a Ron's Car "flying" type dark ride.........Peter Pan's Flight on steroids so-to-speak. Also, a Night Bus ride would be pretty cool as well.

Actually my idea for the Forbidden Forest ride involves the car. The Knight Bus might be difficult though. How could you do it?

Do a city setup similar to Spider-Man... Have the ride car be the bus

Eh... I'd prefer it be a more in your face experience, like the whole bus shrinking on the inside and the works if there's ever a ride for it. And they're getting Transformers built in the same way I don't want Uni to keep using the same type of ride structure over and over that doesn't make the experience original.

I think a Knight Bus attraction could be done using the Kong 360 tech. You load the bus, pull forward through a brick tunnel into the screen section, mayhem ensues while they shake the ride vehicle around. When it's over pull out of the screen area through another brick tunnel into the unload area. Use 2 Busses. One loading while the other is unloading. While one is in the screen section the other would be pulling around from the unload to the load area.

I guess I'm just thinking of super special effects for it, which is making it sound unrealistic as an attraction.

Eh... I'd prefer it be a more in your face experience, like the whole bus shrinking on the inside and the works if there's ever a ride for it. And they're getting Transformers built in the same way I don't want Uni to keep using the same type of ride structure over and over that doesn't make the experience original.

Yeah I don't mean the same ride structure necessarily. I just mean a city concept similar to the non screen stuff in Spider-Man. The ride itself would be totally different. Like if you I fuse the test track outdoor fast part with the city settin of spiderman

Yeah I don't mean the same ride structure necessarily. I just mean a city concept similar to the non screen stuff in Spider-Man. The ride itself would be totally different. Like if you I fuse the test track outdoor fast part with the city settin of spiderman

Ah okay I see what you mean! Yeah that'd be an interesting thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.