Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 612 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the awesome update! Has there been any stores or restraunts confirmed for the london area that isn't harry potter? Or will it just be facades?

Thanks for the awesome update! Has there been any stores or restraunts confirmed for the london area that isn't harry potter? Or will it just be facades?

There were two areas on the the waterfront diagrams that appeared suited to food stand of some kind... perhaps a fish and chips vendor? There may also train station style vendors inside the entrance to King's Cross... but otherwise, I can not think of such an area in the theater or Grimmauld.

There were two areas on the the waterfront diagrams that appeared suited to food stand of some kind... perhaps a fish and chips vendor? There may also train station style vendors inside the entrance to King's Cross... but otherwise, I can not think of such an area in the theater or Grimmauld.
Thanks for the info.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I've skimmed over a fair few hundred of this topics pages but haven't seen anything come up. At night will the onride screen/windows show darkened sky or anything of the sort? Or will all the effects be for daytime travelling? Be quite disoritentating depending on how good the windows are, to see bright London/Scotland then come off the ride into darkness.

It's been confirmed by a few people that there will be two simulations for the ride, one of which will be daytime and the other will be nighttime. I don't remember if it would be made to match the weather or not...

It's been confirmed by a few people that there will be two simulations for the ride, one of which will be daytime and the other will be nighttime. I don't remember if it would be made to match the weather or not...

This would make a fair bit of sense, but even more so if they managed to incorporate weather patterns. Hopefully we see UC's full commitment on this attraction.

FJ doesn't match the weather or day/night patterns... so, does it really matter? It is an attraction just like all of the other attractions in that you enter its reality.

to be fair, I honestly won't mind if they leave out the weather patterns, but it would be very clever and effective if they could incorporate it.

I don't know how true this is, but I have heard that there may be up to 6 different ride films for the HE.

This makes sense. It just hit me that the HE express experience can never get too scary as all ages are allowed on. None of us should expect a super creepy dementor moment. So, this begs the question, what kind of "experiences" should we expect?

I think there will be some mild thrills. It's not like they can "rock" the train, but I guess it's possible the seats will move.

I won't be mad. I personal think Uni should get something we don't, since we will have things they don't have. Isn't that the big complaint of Disney cloning Carsland is that California should have something of their own?

I won't be mad. I personal think Uni should get something we don't, since we will have things they don't have. Isn't that the big complaint of Disney cloning Carsland is that California should have something of their own?

While I agree with this reasoning, and I applaud original ideas when recreating things in the theme park, I feel that a lot of fans would feel cheated out of part of the experience. This will always be - remember when people in the U.K. complained that it wasn't built there? Obviously not everything's feasible. But as a fan of the series, realizing that I went to the 'wrong' Hogwarts to eat in the Great Hall would be a bit disappointing.
However, I love the idea and I really hope that it's included in the new Hogwarts because it would just be another amazing experience that Universal created.

Status
Not open for further replies.