Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 614 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love potter as much as the next guy. Hell thats how I found the forums but phase 3 is too much. Its still Universal Studios Resort not the WWoHP resort. I even think phase 2 seems like a lot, especially for non potter fans. BUT do I already have a trip to Orlando scheduled for a year from now. Hell yes :thumbs:

I love potter as much as the next guy. Hell thats how I found the forums but phase 3 is too much. Its still Universal Studios Resort not the WWoHP resort. I even think phase 2 seems like a lot, especially for non potter fans. BUT do I already have a trip to Orlando scheduled for a year from now. Hell yes :thumbs:
I've heard many say that it is overkill..and others that are like ZOMG MORE POTTERZ..All of us will be wowed with Phase 2 when it opens I'm sure

I do agree Phase 3 is overkill though

Phase 3 isn't overkill if it's a smart addition like the Great Hall. Ran some figures this morning, and such an experience would be very profitable for Universal and fill a HUGE dining need at IoA.

Probably deserves a thread of its own, but if IoA and USF are ever to be taken seriously as nighttime parks, they need more table service restaurants. Jungleskip brought up a good point that Leaky should probably follow the Be Our Guest model if possible. Also, with the Universal Dining Plan on its way, the need for more table service is that much more important.

Jungleskip brought up a good point that Leaky should probably follow the Be Our Guest model if possible. Also, with the Universal Dining Plan on its way, the need for more table service is that much more important.

Does this suggest that Leaky would go the international route, much like Mythos? Same price point? Goodness knows that classic Brit food ain't gonna cut the cake, or pie as it were.

I would be very pleased if a Phase Three consisted of a Great Hall Dining experience, additional shops in Hogsmeade, and maybe some plussing to Forbidden Journey.

The Great Hall has the potential to be the most spectacular themed dining experience anywhere. In the article posted above, Behind the Thrills suggests there might be an enchanted ceiling, appearances by Dumbledore, and interactive portraits. On top of this, I could envision them incorporating a small sorting ceremony or magical performance. Also, I distinctly remember an insider here (or perhaps Whylightbulb on WdwMagic?) saying that Universal had already worked out a method to have the food magically appear on the table as it does in the books and movies.

Can you imagine how awesome that would be? Not to mention, the Great Hall is an inherently interesting place due to the architecture.

I had high hopes that Be Our Guest would have more magical show elements (the snow is nice, but kind of underwelming. The enchanted rose is great though). I also think the finished dining room seems architecturally neutered with the lack of dome. Because of this, I feel the finished restaurant fails to live up to the potential of the source material.

This is why I really hope Universal throws everything they have into the (rumoured) Great Hall.

Last edited:
As much as I would LOVE visiting the Ministry of Magic, I cannot see that happening... like ever. Why? Because what would we really do in there aside from a tour around? There can't be something based around the anti-muggle propaganda since it suggests where are on Deathly Hallow's timeline, nor looking for the Prophecy since then we would be around Order of the Phoenix. Also, it would have to be made underground, and that is impossible (I know they could try and make an illusion of it being underground, and the building outside made to look as London, but still).

just as a reminder, Dragon Challenge is pretty set in the "Goblet of Fire" time frame, and Forbidden Journey is closer to "Half-blood Prince" since Ron is on the quidditch team. I don't think they are above isolating attraction time frames.

I think it would be pretty neat if there was a carriage ride through the Forbidden Forest. The vehicle would be opened with the top down and the Forest would be outdoors but moves indoors as the forest thickens where the frightening creatures come in. The storyline could be that guests are on a runaway cart and it could go uphill and make sharp turns as the Thestrals become frightened. This could even be the debut of Grawp and he saves the guests from spiders or the Three-headed dog.
So, in short, Jurassic Park River Adventure without the water and the big drop.

EXACTLY. That's what I've always thought too! lol

Not to bust your balls, Butterbeer....but if everyone on this board sent me just $1 for every time you reply with something like this, then I could retire early and spend the rest of my life taking pictures in theme parks and write witty things about them. :p

Personally, I think Phase 2 should be the end of the Potter expansion. I wouldn't be opposed to perhaps an addition or revision to a specific existing area, but another full blown experience? Nah.

Just for fun.

4a34230bc08821f310443aca8c7a81a7_zps193d3d6b.jpg

I would theme the exterior facing JP to resemble the feeding enclosure from JP1 or any random JP facility.

It would be 2 stories with the kitchen on the bottom floor to achieve the effect of food appearing. Guests would get up to the Great Hall via staircases. The ceiling would be enchanted of course.

Food for thought.

Reactions: Felipe
i'm all for the food appearing magically on the tables, but I don't see the practicality or the efficiency of the effect. it would have to be extremely convincing.

Not sure where you'd put it, but a Quiditch pitch could be a good edition. If you set up a something like the Flyers in JP, theme it to sitting on a broom,(it wouldnt have to be inverted) and maybe speed it up a small bit, make it a bit more rollercoastery without going too thrilling so the height restriction isnt too much of an issue. Get 2 tracks going alla Dragon challenge and have each track represent a different house, (Most likely Griffondor and Slitherin). since they wont be running super high speeds the issue of running both at once shouldnt be a thing.

You could have it be about as thrilling as BTMR maybe even a little slower, but the height of the track would add to the ride experience what the lower speed would take away.

Most likely completely unfeasible for many reason but just a thought(which someone may have had before)

WOW you guys, we sure must be bored with this forums to be coming up with such..... well not so realistic ideas... soooooo ready for some facades.

Wow wow wow I am in love with the idea of a carriage ride on the Forbidden Forest! And the carriage would be obviously pulled by invisible thestrals ( or visible since perhaps most of us seen death? ) and we get to see many creatures.. It could be dark, and we could also be attacked by a horde of acromantulas and the centaurs come in and save us... Or GRAWP.

Wow wow wow I am in love with the idea of a carriage ride on the Forbidden Forest! And the carriage would be obviously pulled by invisible thestrals ( or visible since perhaps most of us seen death? ) and we get to see many creatures.. It could be dark, and we could also be attacked by a horde of acromantulas and the centaurs come in and save us... Or GRAWP.

Not that I think we will see any massive phase 3 at any point, but going along with the Forbidden forest/thestral idea. Make them invisible at the start of the ride then have someone get killed during the ride and have the thestrals appear. Not sure how they would pull that off, but it would tie it all together nicely.

Not to bust your balls, Butterbeer....but if everyone on this board sent me just $1 for every time you reply with something like this, then I could retire early and spend the rest of my life taking pictures in theme parks and write witty things about them. :p

Personally, I think Phase 2 should be the end of the Potter expansion. I wouldn't be opposed to perhaps an addition or revision to a specific existing area, but another full blown experience? Nah.

So what are you saying? That I wasn't thinking that or what? I don't understand what your getting at. I'm sorry if that response bothered you and I hope your not saying that directly to me. So what if I respond with a charismatic response? If it's a real thought then what's wrong with it? Quite frankly I don't appreciate it even if you put a smiley at the end. It still comes off as rude.

Last edited:
So what are you saying? That I wasn't thinking that or what? I don't understand what your getting at. I'm sorry if that response bothered you and I hope your not saying that directly to me. So what if I respond with a charismatic response? If it's a real thought then what's wrong with it? Quite frankly I don't appreciate it even if you put a smiley at the end. It still comes off as rude.

I was thinking the same thing, even though it wasn't my idea and I have never brought it up in any discussion beforehand. Get it now? I've got some skin left over from my stint as Leatherface if you need some. *does not insert smiley here*

Now back to Hufflepuff stuff.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing, even though it wasn't my idea and I have never brought it up in any discussion beforehand. Get it now? I've got some skin left over from my stint as Leatherface if you need some. *does not insert smiley here*

Now back to Hufflepuff stuff.

I've never brought it up? Remember the thread awhile back ago where we came up with our dream Universal park? I had that idea along with others. Yes, I was thinking the same thing. What is your deal? your straight up being a meanie. I'm not going to put up with your crap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.