Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 615 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww, I'm sorry. It was meant in a more joking fashion the first time I posted. I didn't think you would take it so hard. So, I apologize for that and sidetracking this thread....NOW can we get back to Hufflepuff stuff?

So what are you saying? That I wasn't thinking that or what? I don't understand what your getting at. I'm sorry if that response bothered you and I hope your not saying that directly to me. So what if I respond with a charismatic response? If it's a real thought then what's wrong with it? Quite frankly I don't appreciate it even if you put a smiley at the end. It still comes off as rude.

Relax. He didn't mean for it to be offensive, he was only pointing out that you often post things that are excited chatter rather than meaningful talking points.
Whether he meant that you shouldn't do it or not is another matter entirely, but the fact is, he did say that he wasn't doing it to be jerk, he was joking around...

Anyways, all this Phase 3 talk is giving me a headache. I was an early advocate for Phase II on here, knowing that it could most definitely work and expand a truly innovative area. But Phase 3 would be over the top. I would love to see minor updates/additions (that Great Hall sounds very very appealing - I sincerely hope Uni has considered it), but another area would turn the majority of people off. This addition alone has already had complaints, from die-hard fans, of money grubbing from Universal (which, as we all know, is true for any theme park attraction - bottom line improvements is what they're aiming for, after all)... So yes to minor new attractions, no to a new area. Plus we're still relatively far from the opening of Phase 2, so it seems silly to me for us to talk of another major addition.

Also, I'm really interested in seeing the facades. Those will be helpful in determining how everything will look. I think I'm most excited to see what Kings Cross Station will look like.

Relax. He didn't mean for it to be offensive, he was only pointing out that you often post things that are excited chatter rather than meaningful talking points.
Whether he meant that you shouldn't do it or not is another matter entirely, but the fact is, he did say that he wasn't doing it to be jerk, he was joking around...

Anyways, all this Phase 3 talk is giving me a headache. I was an early advocate for Phase II on here, knowing that it could most definitely work and expand a truly innovative area. But Phase 3 would be over the top. I would love to see minor updates/additions (that Great Hall sounds very very appealing - I sincerely hope Uni has considered it), but another area would turn the majority of people off. This addition alone has already had complaints, from die-hard fans, of money grubbing from Universal (which, as we all know, is true for any theme park attraction - bottom line improvements is what they're aiming for, after all)... So yes to minor new attractions, no to a new area. Plus we're still relatively far from the opening of Phase 2, so it seems silly to me for us to talk of another major addition.

Also, I'm really interested in seeing the facades. Those will be helpful in determining how everything will look. I think I'm most excited to see what Kings Cross Station will look like.

He said he was joking after the fact he was being rude. Anyways I will post whatever I want. Unless the people who run this forum have a problem with what I post at times. If I want to post excited chatter big deal. Keep in mind I was minding my own business. I was basically being called a liar. So it wasn't so much kidding than it was rude. But whatever moving on..

Last edited:
That reminds me I gotta fetch the kids from school :rofl:

Seriously guys if you must have disagrements can't you keep them in your PM box? I mean I don't expect to be reading offencive terms in a Harry Potter thread and I'm sure no one else does either.

Back onto phase 3 or even 2, was it not mentioned way back that this would be a 3 phase project? I could well be wrong but I seem to recall reading something along those lines way before phase 2 was known about. I agree with others that if there were a P3 it should be additions/upgrades to what we already have, a whole new area would be just to much.

Reactions: USO92
That reminds me I gotta fetch the kids from school :rofl:

Seriously guys if you must have disagrements can't you keep them in your PM box? I mean I don't expect to be reading offencive terms in a Harry Potter thread and I'm sure no one else does either.

Back onto phase 3 or even 2, was it not mentioned way back that this would be a 3 phase project? I could well be wrong but I seem to recall reading something along those lines way before phase 2 was known about. I agree with others that if there were a P3 it should be additions/upgrades to what we already have, a whole new area would be just to much.

Yes, I believe there were some whispers about a Phase 3, and that was mentioned as minor additions/upgrades and basically making sure the area was being kept well. Which is great - nno problem with that. I just don't want the land expanding into the Lost Continent, as I feel it would be way to much at that point. Add the Great Hall if you have room, change Dueling Dragons to make it look better, etc. But don't make another area for the sake of it. So I agree - minor additions, no new areas.
As I mentioned before - I'm very excited to see the facades go up, because A. It means things are moving even more quickly, and B. We get to see something substantial in terms of theming aesthetics.

Yes, I believe there were some whispers about a Phase 3, and that was mentioned as minor additions/upgrades and basically making sure the area was being kept well. Which is great - nno problem with that. I just don't want the land expanding into the Lost Continent, as I feel it would be way to much at that point. Add the Great Hall if you have room, change Dueling Dragons to make it look better, etc. But don't make another area for the sake of it. So I agree - minor additions, no new areas.
As I mentioned before - I'm very excited to see the facades go up, because A. It means things are moving even more quickly, and B. We get to see something substantial in terms of theming aesthetics.

The Great Hall and a Forbidden Forest Dark Ride are additions I would want most. I would not mind seeing Dragon Challenge changed to a Quidditch themed coaster because dragons will be represented in three different places after Gringotts opens. Do you think they should re theme LC? I think it should be made into Skull Island. I mean it would be a lot easier to re theme it into Skull Island than any other theme. And who doesn't want to see the return of King Kong?

Last edited:
The Great Hall and a Forbidden Forest Dark Ride are additions I would want most. I would not mind seeing Dragon Challenge changed to a Quidditch themed coaster because dragons will be represented in three different places after Gringotts opens. Do you think they should re theme LC? I think it should be made into Skull Island. I mean it would be a lot easier to re theme it into Skull Island than any other theme. And who doesn't want to see the return of King Kong?

See, I just don't think that Skull Island and King Kong has any staying power now. With the last film considered by many to be a flop in 2005, I don't know anyone who has recently seen it since then, it's just not something that people would travel for. Middle Earth could work with another year and a half or so of Hobbit movies and a massive fan background, but I still am not completely set on that, especially so close to Harry Potter.

See, I just don't think that Skull Island and King Kong has any staying power now. With the last film considered by many to be a flop in 2005, I don't know anyone who has recently seen it since then, it's just not something that people would travel for. Middle Earth could work with another year and a half or so of Hobbit movies and a massive fan background, but I still am not completely set on that, especially so close to Harry Potter.

I fee like the name King Kong alone has staying power. And I would rather see Middle Earth somewhere where it can branch out and not be squished into a smaller land like LC. Also like you said I wouldn't feel to comfortable with it being so close to Potter.

I honestly don't see Middle Earth coming to a theme park in the near future. As far as I'm aware, the Tolkien family holds onto the trademark with an iron grip and do not want theme parks using it.

I do, however, see Lost Continent being changed sometime within the next decade. It's lost relevance and I feel that Potter was just the first step in phasing out the island. As for what could go into such a 'half-land' at this point, I'm at a loss. Hopefully we get another interesting, UC original idea that's without an IP attachment. Unlikely, but I'm hopeful.

They have to keep the water tunnel in some form. It's just too cool. The ultimate would be a high speed ride that passed right though it.

I'd like to see Universal do a "TV Land" someday. There are tons of shows with staying power and iconic characters and places. Don't mean to get even further from the subject of this thread though.........:doh:

I don't think a LotR land is such a far-fetched idea. I got a couple surveys from Uni about 3 years ago asking a whole host of questions about a potential park based on it. I think it's been in the works for a while but they're still looking for the space and the money.

I'm placing my bet on the fact that once Springfield is done up, the facade work here is going to blow up. The steel arches on the theater are looking nice for right now, but I can't wait for the actual look to start coming together. Not holding my breath or anything, but...

I'm placing my bet on the fact that once Springfield is done up, the facade work here is going to blow up. The steel arches on the theater are looking nice for right now, but I can't wait for the actual look to start coming together. Not holding my breath or anything, but...

I hope so, because this thread is getting dull quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.