Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 617 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phase two will most likely have (from what I've heard):
-Gringott's= E-ticket
-Hogwarts Express= C-ticket
-Some walk-through attraction themed around a shop= B-ticket

I think the expansion just needs another attraction for kids. Gringott's will definitely have a height requirement, and the walk-through will be extremely intense, comparable to a HHN haunted house. The land needs a kiddie/family ride that isn't just a themed monorail.

The shops and the look overall of Diagon Alley is going to be 10 times better than Hogsmeade. And some of the shops are going to be interactive and much more impressive than Hogsmeade's shops. And call me selfish but I don't feel like Harry Potter needs a kiddie ride. I feel like it should be shooting for Family/Thrill rides. There will be Hogwarts Express which will be a family ride and Gringotts will be a family ride with thrills. Also from what I've read it sounds like the Borgin & Burkes walkthrough attraction will be a game changer.

Last edited:
Phase two will most likely have (from what I've heard):
-Gringott's= E-ticket
-Hogwarts Express= C-ticket
-Some walk-through attraction themed around a shop= B-ticket

I think the expansion just needs another attraction for kids. Gringott's will definitely have a height requirement, and the walk-through will be extremely intense, comparable to a HHN haunted house. The land needs a kiddie/family ride that isn't just a themed monorail.
Hogwarts Express is an E-Ticket.

Okay, Phase 1 is amazing, but I was able to blow right through it rather quickly. I felt like it wasn't big enough. I'm hoping that when I am able to get back to Orlando for Phase 2, that the experience feels more complete and substantial. I understand that Universal was on hard times for the Phase 1 build and even so I believe construction costs for Hogwarts/FJ were quite hefty, but DC and FoH were over-lays. If a Phase 3 ever comes to fruitation heres hoping (although the Phase and my request are unlikely) that they get a full scale Mirror of Erised into Hogwarts. I'm 6'4 and I dwarfed that mirror. I know its just a queue prop but common! I can't be the only one who feels this way! :inquisitive:

Okay, Phase 1 is amazing, but I was able to blow right through it rather quickly. I felt like it wasn't big enough. I'm hoping that when I am able to get back to Orlando for Phase 2, that the experience feels more complete and substantial. I understand that Universal was on hard times for the Phase 1 build and even so I believe construction costs for Hogwarts/FJ were quite hefty, but DC and FoH were over-lays. If a Phase 3 ever comes to fruitation heres hoping (although the Phase and my request are unlikely) that they get a full scale Mirror of Erised into Hogwarts. I'm 6'4 and I dwarfed that mirror. I know its just a queue prop but common! I can't be the only one who feels this way! :inquisitive:

Once Phase two opens I would not be surprised if you could spend 6 hrs or just in WWoHP and be completely immersed. For some reason I love FoH so much more than when it was the Unicorn. It adds some great kinetic energy to the Hogwarts area.

I think it really depends on how the ride turns out. The video will make or break the entire ride, and we still have no clue what stuff may go into the videos.

IMO it doesn't look like it could be higher than a D-ticket. It is pretty much just an extremely themed monorail.

Yeah I thought Hogwart's was at least a D-ticket if not E. The walk thru would be more than a B, I mean if a spinner is C, a groundbreaking walk thru has got to at least earn a C too. This A, B, C, D, E ticketing gets so confusing at times.

I don't think this is going to be anything like a monorail. I mean the theming inside and props that will be used in addition to the screens. I think this will be an amazing family ride.

Last edited:
I think it really depends on how the ride turns out. The video will make or break the entire ride, and we still have no clue what stuff may go into the videos.

IMO it doesn't look like it could be higher than a D-ticket. It is pretty much just an extremely themed monorail.
I think you're selling it way too short. It will be just like the train in the movie. I'll trust "people in the know" who call it an E.

I think you're selling it way too short. It will be just like the train in the movie. I'll trust "people in the know" who call it an E.

Chiming in to say I do as well, but to be fair until I actually ride it I'm not going to judge it. But considering the kick Uni has been on lately, I can't see it being anything other than an E.

Status
Not open for further replies.