Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 618 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're curious about the Gringotts ride system:
http://www.google.com/patents?id=39qzAAAAEBAJ

Roller coaster train + motion base + 3D screens

1369019068829.jpg

Most of those are relatively old patents... I wouldn't pee my pants just yet.

Correct the new system used is just a wee bit more complicated :lol:

Also when in development this was an earlier version of Sim Track :thumbs:

So I know the above patent has evolved and this isn't spot on, but I posted this idea back in March...I'm pretty pleased with my prognostication...

I was just letting my mind run wild and thought... (Pardon if I've missed this discussion) I believe I've read that Gringott's will involve kuka tech and employ a new type of vehicle transitioning. What is the possibility of a ride vehicle rolling onto a platform that moves it through part of the ride on a kuka arm? Or have I gone round the bend...

Correct the new system used is just a wee bit more complicated :lol:

Also when in development this was an earlier version of Sim Track :thumbs:

Do you have a link to an updated version of this patent? I've been scouring the google patent archive but can't find anything more recent on this topic registered to Universal...

Do you have a link to an updated version of this patent? I've been scouring the google patent archive but can't find anything more recent on this topic registered to Universal...

Let me see what I can find Seth :thumbs:

Little bit of chest-beating going on around here for "predicting" the ride system... but that ride system has been on the table around here for literally years. :lol:

Hey guy, let me have my moment. I haven't been reading these boards for years, and in the time I have I haven't seen what your claiming has been 'on the table'. I put some hints together with no insider connections and thought of that on my own. Thanks.:inquisitive:

We've literally been talking about a rollercoaster with a motion base for years, including the last couple of months. That's why people keep saying "it's not just a rollercoaster." I wasn't calling you out specifically. I was just saying that rollercoaster in 3D with a motion simulator base is common knowledge at this point.

Searching the patent archives for "Scott R. Trowbridge" "Garry Goddard" "Thierry Jean-Andre Coup" or "Mark Woodbury" yields some interesting results...

I have a friend who was a classmate to Scott Trowbridge. Given that my dream is to become an Imagineer or a Universal Creative person, he is sending me a copy of an Imagineering book with autographs from around WDI. It is awesome that he is connected to SO many cool attractions.

sounds to me like the technology they use for the Cinematic Spectacular show water curtains.........which could very well work in this manner using larger gauge piping to increase water flow.....

Status
Not open for further replies.