Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 616 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened in the first Wizarding World Phase one as well. Before heavy exterior theming started revving up. So much with this one is kind of hidden behind steel and heavy work is going on in the ride's show building right now. Within the next month or so things are going to be booming. By the end of July we are going to see some pretty heavy stuff happening.

I base this on nothing but history of the last process.

We're really going to just have to rely on aerials from here on out when we can get them. Once the London facades go up, we'll be 100% blocked out (not that we can really see in at all right now anyway).

Yeah, but I'm just as fired up for the London facades as the seeing the rest start to take shape. The themeing that Universal does to me is what sets them apart from everyone, and I love seeing how they do this everywhere in the parks.

Are we positive Nassal is doing the expansion? I'm just wondering why their website still says: "The Nassal Company is proud to have been a supplier to Universal Orlando Resort® and to have helped bring The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ to life."

Are we positive Nassal is doing the expansion? I'm just wondering why their website still says: "The Nassal Company is proud to have been a supplier to Universal Orlando Resort® and to have helped bring The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ to life."

Because Nassal is forbidden from talking about upcoming attractions and additions. Uni legal went bonkers 5 years ago when vendors began putting up project artwork long before the WW even opened. I have had communications with a few designers about how hard legal came down on them. It was so unnerving for them then, that many of them will not post their old artwork even now, long after the park has opened.

Because Nassal is forbidden from talking about upcoming attractions and additions. Uni legal went bonkers 5 years ago when vendors began putting up project artwork long before the WW even opened. I have had communications with a few designers about how hard legal came down on them. It was so unnerving for them then, that many of them will not post their old artwork even now, long after the park has opened.

Didn't realize that.

I was wondering how much info is actually known on the Gringotts bank ride. Is it supposed to rival FJ? What kind of ride will it be? (Sorry I haven't read all the 821 pages of this thread).

I was wondering how much info is actually known on the Gringotts bank ride. Is it supposed to rival FJ? What kind of ride will it be? (Sorry I haven't read all the 821 pages of this thread).

It is supposed to be a ride similar to all of the slow or still scenes found in mummy, except it will have 3D. In this, it will be a longer seeming ride, with bigger sets and probably many screens that at best (if they get it right), you won't know are screens. Caverns that go on for impossible distances, and canyons that slope hundreds of feet below your track. There will probably be a few mini coaster moments and hopefully a good number of break runs, returns to magnetic control and perhaps even short stops.

The last three sentences are both my expectations, interpretations of inside info and my hopes. There remains a small chance that it will still not rival Spider Man for many. Alas, most don't and can't come close.

Last edited:
It is supposed to be a ride similar to all of the slow or still scenes found in mummy, except it will have 3D. In this, it will be a longer seeming ride, with bigger sets and probably many screens that at best (if they get it right), you won't know are screens. Caverns that go on for impossible distances, and canyons that slope hundreds of feet below your track. There will probably be a few mini coaster moments and hopefully a good number of break runs, returns to magnetic control and perhaps even short stops.

The last three sentences are both my expectations, interpretations of inside info and my hopes. There remains a small chance that it will still not rival Spider Man for many. Alas, most don't and can't come close.

I thought a possible motion base in the seats was rumored, making the ride a combination of Spider-Man and Mummy. Was that idea shot down?

I thought I read something about how the Kuka arms will be used on the ride. It would be quite a feat if Universal put them on roller coaster track, but I think my source was most likely wrong.

I don't think this attraction will be nearly as good as FJ, because FJ's queue is simply amazing. While Gringott's queue may be cool, it can't hold a candle to walking through Hogwarts. I personally think that while this entire expansion will be very awesome, the original HP land will be definitely the better of the two IMO.

I thought I read something about how the Kuka arms will be used on the ride. It would be quite a feat if Universal put them on roller coaster track, but I think my source was most likely wrong.

I don't think this attraction will be nearly as good as FJ, because FJ's queue is simply amazing. While Gringott's queue may be cool, it can't hold a candle to walking through Hogwarts. I personally think that while this entire expansion will be very awesome, the original HP land will be definitely the better of the two IMO.

I disagree. Simply because the amount of $$$$ they have for this expansion.

There is a chance that in the end Gringotts wont be as impressive as FJ. But there's no way this expansion isn't going to be better than Phase one. Even though Hogwarts/FJ is in Phase one, Phase two is ALL brand new. I mean I love Phase one obviously but Dragon Challenge and Flight Of Hipogriff were already there they just changed the names and theming. This phase is truly setting the bar and kicking it up a notch. Which leads me to believe after Phase two there will be some tweaks or additions to Phase one. Also does Hogwarts Express count as Phase two considering it's connected to Phase one? because I was including that in Phase two lol

Great info, thanks. I hope it is nothing like the Mummy, as that's probably my most disappointing ride (hype considered). Amazing how nothing can rival Spidey even after 13 years. Definitely the greatest achievement in theme park history.

Phase two will most likely have (from what I've heard):
-Gringott's= E-ticket
-Hogwarts Express= C-ticket
-Some walk-through attraction themed around a shop= B-ticket

I think the expansion just needs another attraction for kids. Gringott's will definitely have a height requirement, and the walk-through will be extremely intense, comparable to a HHN haunted house. The land needs a kiddie/family ride that isn't just a themed monorail.

Status
Not open for further replies.