Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 635 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also mentioned that it would soft open around March/April. What?!

I totally seeing some of this being soft opened in March/April. Phase 1 had a pretty long soft open period where the stores were open, then some rides, etc. So I see the same thing here. My sister got to go to softs and I swear it was the end of February she actually got to go on and do everything, but FJ. So if we are looking at a similar opening date as phase 1, then this is possible.

So apologies if this has been discussed before, but what will happen to the Amity restrooms once everything opens? Will it get re-themed, torn down, or just left alone?

It has been speculated upon before, but I don't think we know for certain. I hope they'll theme it to fit with London :cheers:

I totally seeing some of this being soft opened in March/April. Phase 1 had a pretty long soft open period where the stores were open, then some rides, etc. So I see the same thing here. My sister got to go to softs and I swear it was the end of February she actually got to go on and do everything, but FJ. So if we are looking at a similar opening date as phase 1, then this is possible.

Izzy, are you sure? I think you may be confused on the dates. Construction was still going on in February. I went in late May, and although softs had started before I went, it wasn't really too long before. Wasn't April 9th the controversial date that was suggested by "SAS" and never happened? *scratching head*

Izzy, are you sure? I think you may be confused on the dates. Construction was still going on in February. I went in late May, and although softs had started before I went, it wasn't really too long before. Wasn't April 9th the controversial date that was suggested by "SAS" and never happened? *scratching head*

Hmmm... you know you may be right. In fact now that I think about it, I think you are right. It was the trip in May that she took when she saw this, not the trip in February. Because I wasn't pregnant yet and I got pregnant the middle of May. I remember riding Manta for the first time she she was down here, because I knew we were going to be trying and knew I wouldn't be able to ride after I was pregnant. Sorry about that.

Going back to posts, it looks like around May 17th was TM preview. So I imagine softs started after that. Based on that info, I am thinking my sister was here from the 14th to the 23rd and so she probably went a couple days after TM previews. I know we went after that because there was a chance I would be pregnant (and I was) when I did softs because I couldn't ride any of the roller coasters.

Still don't think March/April is out of the realm of possibilities, people have already shown pics of where this project is further along than Phase 1.

Last edited:
And they did not have soft openings unless EVERYTHING was running. If FJ was malfunctioning on a scheduled soft open day, there was no soft open.

And they did not have soft openings unless EVERYTHING was running. If FJ was malfunctioning on a scheduled soft open day, there was no soft open.

Now I know that is wrong for sure. Because when I did go for softs, FJ had been down the whole day and they were only allowing castle tours. Which was fine for me since I knew I couldn't ride it. It was also very cool too be able to walk thru the castle at any speed. After having my kids, but before they got out of the hospital we went over and did single rider to ride FJ, since our season passes were expiring soon and we knew with twins we wouldn't be renewing our passes for several years.

That was a long time ago and maybe my sister and brother-in-law rode it, but not sure. But I know we did not and I know it was not open, because I remember exiting down the back stairs that I think is used for single riders now.

I think both of what you guys are saying is true. Once softs started, when the park first opened, everything was operational. And then as FJ had issues, they only had castle tours. What happened the first time I went to the soft open on May 29, 2012... Everything was open in the morning, then I got to the Room of Requirement, I was 3 people away from boarding the enchanted benches, and at that moment the ride went down for the entire day. A blessing in disguise, really, because there were only castle tours for the rest of the day, but because the ride was down, everyone left (oblivious to the castle tours or just not interested). I decided to go back around the queue for pictures (since we rushed to FJ as the park opened and things went too fast for pictures) and that's when I bumped into Mark Woodbury and Alan Gilmore, so that was pretty awesome. Then when I came out I also met the Leaky / PotterCast guys, and then bumped into Alan Gilmore again by the snowman while I was taking more pictures. He came up to me again for another little chat and asked how I liked everything. He was really nice. Such an awesome day, so FJ breaking down was perfect LOL!

So is the London waterfront area still on track to be near completion come around HHN time?

I hope so! They have two full months, and once Springfield is done, they might have those extra hands go to work on London. It would be really cool to see London, especially to create a scarezone that would go together with the rumored American Werewolf in London house, which if located in the Disaster queue, then having this would be a perfect fit :thumbs:

I hope so! They have two full months, and once Springfield is done, they might have those extra hands go to work on London. It would be really cool to see London, especially to create a scarezone that would go together with the rumored American Werewolf in London house, which if located in the Disaster queue, then having this would be a perfect fit :thumbs:

I'd love this too. But part of me feels it's unlikely they would hold an event themed to the London area before Diagon Alley is open. Wouldn't that take away some of the punch of everything opening together? I mean, I'm sure the area will be open first, but I can't see them actually publicly acknowledging the area in such a publicized way until the whole area is open.

Last edited:
So apologies if this has been discussed before, but what will happen to the Amity restrooms once everything opens? Will it get re-themed, torn down, or just left alone?

It has been speculated upon before, but I don't think we know for certain. I hope they'll theme it to fit with London :cheers:

So in other words, viturally non-existant. And if you do find one, it'll cost you 50p to use it? :p

/\ /\ /\ True! 2 months ago I paid 50p to use the pay-toilets along the Thames Embankment next to the London Eye/London Dungeon. They were the nicest damn bathrooms--public ones, anyway--that I've ever seen. SUPER clean and staffed with an attendant that seemed to love his job just a little TOO much.

Rookie error, Jake! You just wait until your next Starbucks / Nero stop and use them there - or go for the cheaper option of 30p at Waterloo station :thumbs:

/\ /\ /\ True! 2 months ago I paid 50p to use the pay-toilets along the Thames Embankment next to the London Eye/London Dungeon. They were the nicest damn bathrooms--public ones, anyway--that I've ever seen. SUPER clean and staffed with an attendant that seemed to love his job just a little TOO much.

Nothing special about that. I have an attendant in my bathroom, too.

How funny is that? We were there the week of May 20th, and we visited the same restrooms LOL. The all-in-one soap, sink, hand dryer thingy was pretty nifty.

I know, right? I was pretty impressed by them as well. You beat me there by about 2.5 weeks. What an amazing city and weekend!

DragonSlayer, I had reached critical mass...there was no more waiting for a Nero/Starbucks stop, things had to be dealt with STAT. Best 50p I've ever spent! :lol: But thank you for the advice...we stopped by the McDonalds between Parliament Square and Trafalgar Square on numerous instances just to use the facilities for free.

This thread has stooped to bathroom discussion! :peace:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.