Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 633 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of pics from ongoing Potter construction from today

DSC_1118.JPG

DSC_1119.JPG

DSC_1035.JPG

DSC_0988.JPG

A question: back in May, rumors started surfacing that Universal was going to have interactive wands sold at Ollivander's that would trigger animation throughout Diagonal Alley. But there hasn't been anything about it since then. Do any of you have additional information on this topic? Seems like a no-brainier if they can pull it off, as it would bring in huge amounts of money.

A question: back in May, rumors started surfacing that Universal was going to have interactive wands sold at Ollivander's that would trigger animation throughout Diagonal Alley. But there hasn't been anything about it since then. Do any of you have additional information on this topic? Seems like a no-brainier if they can pull it off, as it would bring in huge amounts of money.

This, I believe, is still in speculation. Personally, as cool as I think it would be, I would also think that it would be a huge cluster-eff of a situation. Imagine Harry Potter size crowds of schoolkids and fanboys piling on top of each other to use any of the effects. The animations would pretty much run non-stop all day and with that kind of new(er) technology I can almost guarantee that the downtimes of the effects would be through the roof. I'm no mechanic, though, so I could be wrong. If they do decide to implement it, I would say it would be smart for them to wait until at least the summer opening crowds are over with, even though we all know from Phase 1 that the crowds never will be anything less than astronomical.

This, I believe, is still in speculation. Personally, as cool as I think it would be, I would also think that it would be a huge cluster-eff of a situation. Imagine Harry Potter size crowds of schoolkids and fanboys piling on top of each other to use any of the effects. The animations would pretty much run non-stop all day and with that kind of new(er) technology I can almost guarantee that the downtimes of the effects would be through the roof. I'm no mechanic, though, so I could be wrong. If they do decide to implement it, I would say it would be smart for them to wait until at least the summer opening crowds are over with, even though we all know from Phase 1 that the crowds never will be anything less than astronomical.

But special effects in rides are constantly running also. I don't think that would be an impediment to having interactive wands.

Thanks for the great pics DH! Is that structure way back from the service road intended to shield views of the trains coming and going?
Don't know. But I thought it was curious so I took a pic of it.

And I think this pic solves the question of if you will see the Hogwarts Express through the Beetlejuice gate:

jzuuli.jpg

Hmm, I'm curious about the steps shown in the one picture. That looks like they will be guest accessible and lead to a platform going off to the left towards the Weezleys and the Leaky cauldron. I remember in some of the earlier aerial photos that it looked like a canopy would cover the first part of the alley, it looks like it could be this path. Are we going to have multiple stories of shops? Or at least are those two things going to be multi story and need 2nd floor exits?

Another amazing update! Thanks DH! :cheers: I see lots of new sheet rock, framing, new shapes... Loving it! :thumbs:

I agree. Something like this would be too popular to be enjoyable. As much as I would love something like this, I don't think it will ever work well in the WWoHPs.

I don't know if anybody has posted this, but there's information about the dragon...
http://entechcreative.com/our-work/harry-potters-dragon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIhdjILQEPk&feature=youtu.be

Nice find! :thumbs: I'd never seen that before!
(EDIT: BTW, do take note that this is the dragon from FJ, so I guess it should technically go in the WWoHP Part 2 Thread :thumbs:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.