Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 632 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, there is only one suite in Cinderella's Castle and it isn't available to rent. I think the sweepstakes to possibly get in the suite is over, so nowadays it isn't open at all to the public. :look:

Unless you're Tom Cruise or someone with an vault full of gold coins you can throw around Disney's way and rent out the suite for a night, more of like a VIP perk type thing is still possible but to the average folk its super rare to even get a glimpse in there.

They don't even "sell" it to celebrities. Pretty much the only way you stay there is by making a very, very large contribution to a charity Disney works with, if you're a Make A Wish kid (still extremely rare), or as part of a contest (mostly CM contests anymore).

Thanks for posting the timtracker pics BJ. DC is going to be wicked cool whipping so close to the rooftops. It is such a cool illusion that one will swear their feet are scraping the rooftops when they are actually 20' away.

So, new notice of commencements today. 1 for a 3.5 million dollar projection system for Diagon Alley, 1 for control systems, and 4 for animated props/Aniimatronics. We're really not sure what goes with what, so I figured I'd just put it in this thread as at least some of it pertains to this project.

http://www.parkscope.net/2013/07/uor-permit-updates-potter-spidey.html

That bit about the animatronics is very encouraging. We've known we're getting goblins in the queue, but it seems we'll be encountering some other AA baddies on the ride... Hopefully if Entech builds our new dragon, it'll be a little more reliable than the one in FJ.

Unless you're Tom Cruise or someone with an vault full of gold coins you can throw around Disney's way and rent out the suite for a night, more of like a VIP perk type thing is still possible but to the average folk its super rare to even get a glimpse in there.

I heard/read multiple places that they still award a free night in the castle to a random family in the park on occasion.

I heard/read multiple places that they still award a free night in the castle to a random family in the park on occasion.

They do not, also it is never bought. The suite has a rule in place that it can only be ever given away as a prize. Any news of celebrities staying in there means that some kind of special arrangement was made. Often times these days it is given away in sweepstakes.

Tell me someone, did they ever get the new waterfront wall completely repaired. Were they able to cover up the fixes in such a way that you cannot tell they are new fixes? i.e. the granite paint effect matches etc.

Tell me someone, did they ever get the new waterfront wall completely repaired. Were they able to cover up the fixes in such a way that you cannot tell they are new fixes? i.e. the granite paint effect matches etc.

No,I saw a picture from either today or yesterday where one of the ones near Kings Cross is still messed up.

^ Thanks. It is almost as if they are waiting to see if the other fixes work, which seems to imply that new techniques were used on this wall. Much like a skipping record, I know I have said this before. That wall was my last exciting premonition.

^ Thanks. It is almost as if they are waiting to see if the other fixes work, which seems to imply that new techniques were used on this wall. Much like a skipping record, I know I have said this before. That wall was my last exciting premonition.

Some guy I ran into at the park a few months ago claimed to be a construction worker who did some of the work on the wall. Went through this whole long explanation of how certain materials that aren't/shouldn't be used were put into the process. I have no way of confirming whether he was legit, which is why I didn't say anything back then. Also mentioned what HTF has been saying about pre-fabbed pieces backstage... After reading your post, it makes me wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.