Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 634 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the new Hogsmeade Station:

qqwy9t.jpg

qxpc3k.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry if this has been clarified already, but am I correct to assume we go "upstairs" in Hogsmeade station to board the train? I notice what looks like an elevator shaft in the middle of the picture. Will there be much in the way of theming to the queue area inside the station before the loading platform? Thanks DH for the pictures btw :thumbs:

Last edited:
And the new Hogsmeade Station:

qqwy9t.jpg

qxpc3k.jpg

I'm sorry if this has been clarified already, but am I correct to assume we go "upstairs" in Hogsmeade station to board the train? I notice what looks like an elevator shaft in the middle of the picture. Will there be much in the way of theming to the queue area inside the station before the loading platform? Thanks DH for the pictures btw :thumbs:[/QUOTE]
The load platform is on the second level of both new train stations. I believe that the King's Cross station will have more "tricks" than Hogsmeade, but both will be extensively themed.

I figured Kings Cross, being in Diagon Alley would have more effects than Hogsmeade. Good to know that both will be themed extensively but being in UNI and a Harry Potter IP I wouldn't expect anything less from them. Thanks for the clarification DH, I'm really looking forward to the completion of the whole project and being able immerse myself in more places that I have only imagined from seeing movies and spreading all the books.

Hello everyone! Mega Universal Orlando fan here so just wanted to introduce myself! Pumped for WWHOP Diagon Alley so this forum has been addictive since I discovered it last month (i.e. checking updates when I need a break from working or studying haha). Anyway, I was listening to the latest Universal Now podcast and heard some really interesting things. I don't know how accurate those guys are so thought I'd ask the experts at OU! Anyone have intel? Sorry if any of this was answered previously.

1. Diagon Alley will be really hard to get into: DA has capacity of just 8,000 people. Cabana Bay + other on-site hotels will far exceed this so DA will already be at capacity when "average" guests arrive.
2. Universal Creative was/is considering adding a third train to Hogwarts Express to increase capacity (because 2 hour minimum wait = reduced guest experience and less opportunity to buy Potter merch)
3. Future future plans may include turning Poseidon's Fury into a Chamber of Secrets walk-through and adding a Whomping Willow spinner in the nearby area

P.S. It was also interesting to hear the Touring Plans dude say he was having trouble creating a model which included Diagon Alley due to Hogwarts Express and the sea of humanity that will occur. So excited but I don't know if I should also be scared! Hahaha, really hoping Uni is developing a brilliant crowd control plan...

^ I dunno what the calc is on this rumor. Should I read 8000 as complete and utter capacity plus shops and attractions? The queue for gringotts alone will probably hold nearly 4000. So now we are down to 4000 on the streets. The shops/restaurants will probably hold 1000 so now we are down to 3000 in the streets. 8000 sounds like an iffy number they presented, as in too low.

Not sure if a cable train can run in three stages. Someone else will have to answer that.

While the third line item might have been discussed in early stages, I doubt it will be realized as stated.

That is my two cents, based on basic theme park stuffs...

Hello everyone! Mega Universal Orlando fan here so just wanted to introduce myself! Pumped for WWHOP Diagon Alley so this forum has been addictive since I discovered it last month (i.e. checking updates when I need a break from working or studying haha). Anyway, I was listening to the latest Universal Now podcast and heard some really interesting things. I don't know how accurate those guys are so thought I'd ask the experts at OU! Anyone have intel? Sorry if any of this was answered previously.

1. Diagon Alley will be really hard to get into: DA has capacity of just 8,000 people. Cabana Bay + other on-site hotels will far exceed this so DA will already be at capacity when "average" guests arrive.
2. Universal Creative was/is considering adding a third train to Hogwarts Express to increase capacity (because 2 hour minimum wait = reduced guest experience and less opportunity to buy Potter merch)
3. Future future plans may include turning Poseidon's Fury into a Chamber of Secrets walk-through and adding a Whomping Willow spinner in the nearby area

P.S. It was also interesting to hear the Touring Plans dude say he was having trouble creating a model which included Diagon Alley due to Hogwarts Express and the sea of humanity that will occur. So excited but I don't know if I should also be scared! Hahaha, really hoping Uni is developing a brilliant crowd control plan...
I have a hard time believing any of what Jim has to say about The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It just doesn't line up with everything else that we already know.

I apologize but from everything that's been mentioned on this thread so far, I would put little faith in those rumors....they just don't add up.

I remember back when he was saying the KUKA arm ride was going to themed to the Weasley Ford Anglia and was going to be located where Sindbad is, and Hogwarts would have just a Great Hall restaurant as well as a magic show.

And then later on when Forbidden Journey was revealed, he said that Sindbad would still be ripped out, but replaced with an employee parking lot.

1) 4000 for the land is about right. That matches Hogsmede pretty well. Land Control is still used on busy peak days.
2) False. Never included in any plans. And mechanically a three stage cable car does not work for these intents and purposes.
3) No. Just no. That's not even plausible. Not even close. There are much wider ideas floating for LC. No one really wants more Potter rides.

1) 4000 for the land is about right. That matches Hogsmede pretty well. Land Control is still used on busy peak days.
2) False. Never included in any plans. And mechanically a three stage cable car does not work for these intents and purposes.
3) No. Just no. That's not even plausible. Not even close. There are much wider ideas floating for LC. No one really wants more Potter rides.
I'm really curious as to what exactly could be planned for Lost Continent.

As am I. I'd love to see Poseidon's Fury turned into a dark ride with some cool water effects. Poseidon's Fury and Mythos has some of the greatest themeing in any theme park, and it kills me LC isn't utilized better.

I completely agree. I wouldn't mind keeping LC themed to how it is but make Poseidon's Fury a dark ride, like you said. But then there's another greedy Potter Head part of me that says,"Hey why not have more Potter?" lol

In all honesty, Lost Continent has the best concept of all of IOA but the absolute worst execution now that Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn are gone.

I wouldn't mind seeing Chambers of Secrets, the Shrieking Shack, and a Whomping Willow flat ride IMO... but I'd rather the area just get some major TLC. Add in a flat ride, replace Sinbad with something less cheesy, and put a dark ride in Poseidon's place - keep Mythos and Mystic Fountain the way they are though!!

Third train? Whomping Willow Spinner? Chamber of Secrets Walkthrough? WTF??!! Excuse me as I look to gather my thoughts in Denver...

I actually wouldn't mind a really well themed Whomping Willow spinner. But it would have to look like a Whomping Willow AA, nothing less. Otherwise, no thanks :p

Anyways, here's a new London construction update video from PopSong1:

[video=youtube;3qg7ANY13IU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qg7ANY13IU[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.