Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cringed at Woodbury's 'gay joke' when Neville joked that he held the other fella's hand. In fact, I cringed a few times. Otherwise, looks amazing!

Working for me. I was just on there for the last half hour. Did notice a few glitches though (ex: click on a link and the screen goes black causing you to have to reload whole site and try again. Frustrating!).

I cringed at Woodbury's 'gay joke' when Neville joked that he held the other fella's hand. In fact, I cringed a few times. Otherwise, looks amazing!

Hardly a "gay joke" IMO, I agree they had a few cringe moments though getting the opening year wrong being a key one :p.

Studio seating audience indicates a soundstage.

Also, don't forget that Soundstage 33 (next to Mummy) is going to have information and details about Diagon Alley tomorrow during the weekend. Perhaps we'll find out more there? Amazing information and artwork thus far, though.

However, like in my more informal times: I just died!

Ok, I see a fudge pass on embankment lighting and where are the lions heads? They have presumably changed their mind on the location of the bus. Are they going to fudge on Wyndham... no signs? And what is that structure on the right, behind the trees?

Trees and benches... got that correct from the water plans.

Yeah that's the first thing I puzzled over when I saw the concept art. Why no lion heads, and why do the lampposts look so different from the originals? Legal issues perhaps?

But I love, love, love the trees and grass.

Yeah that's the first thing I puzzled over when I saw the concept art. Why no lion heads, and why do the lampposts look so different from the originals? Legal issues perhaps?

But I love, love, love the trees and grass.
I would just chalk it up to it being concept art. Things are different in every piece we've seen of the area.

Pretty sure the structure behind the trees might be a ticket upgrade kiosk for people to ride Hogwarts Express (which they've committed to only being a park-to-park ticket attraction. Makes sense.

Also as per their website they are running a special on Cabana Bay from March 31st-June 14th. My money is on the Diagon grand opening in the last two weeks of June then.

I planned on watching it in class during a lecture but of course, the professor picks today to do a group activity :doh:

Oh well, I just watched the webcast and I enjoyed it. Concept art looks great and it seems as if there are quite a few surprises left which I am excited for. It was also nice to see some of the cast from HP and to see how excited they were.

Also, I just read that IGN article and it states something about a Ministry of Magic portal...I wonder if it's as simple as an unusable telephone booth out in London or something a little more interactive.

The sign hanging outside Florean Fortecue's in the concept art lists "Today's Selection" of ice cream flavors: Black Beer & Raisin, Chocolate with Peanut Butter, and Bat Juice & Earwig.

I hope those are real flavors; Black Beer & Raisin sounds very intriguing.

Just showed my wife the concept renderings and she pointed out they are completely inaccurate. Add in another 100,000 people in each pic and you get a bit closer to how busy this area of the park is going to be. :lol:

She has a point.:look:

Status
Not open for further replies.