Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A soundstage, but it's a replica of Scene 1 from the attraction per Theme Park Insider.

Jim Hill Media was at the announcement I asked him where it was and he stated it was in soundstage 33, it was already set up for the Harry Potter Expo that is this weekend on that stage.

It is also just below where the 1 train has been staged, that was shown in the preview.

Yeah that's the first thing I puzzled over when I saw the concept art. Why no lion heads, and why do the lampposts look so different from the originals? Legal issues perhaps?

But I love, love, love the trees and grass.

I would just chalk it up to it being concept art. Things are different in every piece we've seen of the area.

Noticed that too. BUT...if you look closely during the fly-in to Diagon on the website, you can see that the lampposts are correct and the lions are in place! Hooray!

That ought to put Teebin's mind a bit more at ease. :lol:

iInmfhgTLKyUs.gif

Reactions: badlactose
For those of you who can't get onto the interactive site, I'm posting a bunch of screenshots here. It's a pretty amazing site, and also very spoiler-y. It shows you exactly what the main stretch of Diagon is going to look like.
Potter1_zps2dd0d927.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter2_zpse2af5800.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter3_zpsd4fea78d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter4_zps62dfff76.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter5_zps1b02022a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter6_zpsdb3fcb6f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter7_zpse950ee4c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter8_zpsdfff6693.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter9_zpsc03013bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter10_zpsd5ba90c0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter11_zpsdc03c235.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter12_zpse072dcc0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter13_zps90d46f9a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter14_zpsc92f43b0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter15_zps949499b5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter16_zps3c241e6b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter17_zpse61138e8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Potter18_zps42db00b7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So, I take it we have all noticed that the interactive site is mildly screwed up showing text for Three Brooms for at least two locations?

That said, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the staircase next to Gringotts... so mysterious. Nice to see that there are shop facades to the left of the staircase.

Last edited:
So, I take it we have all noticed that the interactive site is mildly screwed up showing text for Three Brooms for at least two locations?

That said, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the staircase next to Gringotts... so mysterious. Nice to see that there are shop facades to the left of the staircase.
It looks like that could be Magical Menagerie or Eelope's Owl Emporium.

Yes, I drooled when I saw those stairs too.

Also, I didn't realize you could 'enter' Knockturn Alley when I first went through the interactive site. Here is the first glimpse of it. When I scroll up and look at the ceiling, there is only blackness, so it is clear there won't be a fake 'sky'. It won't be visible at all.

Knockturn1_zps38b19f89.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
And for you, Teebin: a really close up shot of those awesome stairs.

HTF and others had already told us that this land is going to have walkways and 'multi levels', but seeing the stairs really drives home how much more ambitious the scale of this expansion is compared to Hogsmeade. It also means that the buildings in this land and Gringotts are large enough that going up those stores won't ruin any forced perspective they might be using.

Other interesting things to come out of that website.

a) As we navigate beneath the much-discussed metal ramp/overpass, we hear the sound of a train rushing past, so clearly it is meant to represent a bridge for the Hogwarts Express.

b) The 'jagged entrance' to Diagon is not meant to represent a hole blasted by Deatheaters, but is an impressionistic portrayal of magically moving bricks.

c) The actual entrance into Diagon is quite narrow as portrayed in the website flythrough.

d) Hagrid's sidecar is infront of the awesome gold statue in the Gringott's courtyard, suggesting he will be in the ride (although I think HTF alreadly told us)

e) The brief glimpses we get on the site of Carkitt Market and Horizont Street (newly named by J.K Rowling) show us that they will look amazing. (I was also right a while back when I guessed that the covered market was inspired by Leadenhall Market)
STAIRS_zpsffcca2ed.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Something I haven't seen commented on yet, but, from the concept art, it appears you will see the train engine at both stations. Just artistic license or a change in the plans?

I was able to pull some additional unreleased concept art from the video. It's not the best quality but it's better then nothing.

London:

London4.png

London2.png

London3.png

The Leaky Cauldron Interior:

Leaky2.png

Madame Malkin's Robes:

MadameM.png

Last edited:
a) As we navigate beneath the much-discussed metal ramp/overpass, we hear the sound of a train rushing past, so clearly it is meant to represent a bridge for the Hogwarts Express.

I thought the train was supposed to represent the muggle train from the order of the Phoenix seen from the LC hotel room.

Thanks for the screen caps Gambit. I hadn't thought to do that, probably because of Woodbury stating that it would open in 2010 among other gaffs. Get that man a teleprompter and lock him down.

On that note... apparently, they are going to completely reproduce the Eros statue in Piccadilly... to 100% scale no less! I'm impossibly impressed.

A reminder of what that scale it is:
piccadilly-circus.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting those, Gambit!

I absolutely love the lamp-topped columns that will function as an entrance to London on the Grimmauld side. So very English.

And the image you posted there clearly shows authentic embankment lampposts and lion-heads (I'm so confused why they were changed/left out in the other concept art. Did the artist simply forget to add it? Was he given incomplete reference photos? Did they not want to draw attention away from the buildings themselves? So many questions)

I love the inclusion of all that grass and trees, but I am surprised how much they will block the view of the London facades from across the lagoon.

It looks like that might be the Magical Menagerie back there. Those cubbyholes look like owl perches to me.

Capture-MagicalMenagerie_zps1305af46.png

And the Eeylops facade is already visible opposite Ollivanders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.