Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be trees in front of london facades, you happy now teebin?!!! ;)

I dunno yet as I am not sure what species they will plant. :p

Of course I am thrilled to see the trees right where I thought they ought to be. Now if we had some concept art of the area to the right of Grimmauld with a similar treatment I will sleep well at night finally. Did the webcast fly-in video show that area?

but the full steps won't be coming.

Yep, we can see that in the screencap Gambit posted a few pages back. It appears like some stone bench or just the lip of the final basin will be surrounding.

Last edited:
Looking at the visual scale in that piece of art above and comparing to what I'm seeing on Google Maps in terms of the space between the facades and the embankment walkway, I think those grass areas are going to be smaller than they appear in the art. You may get the full scale actual fountain center, but the full steps won't be coming, as that covers roughly 30-40ft. of space in diameter, and there's roughly 60ft. between Wyndham's facade and the wall against the embankment path. I'd expect a path just as wide as the embankment path the full length of the facades, so just a bit more than 20ft. across, at least.

Anyone have any recent ariels, because I bet they're laying out the plaza area right now, or already have it laid out.

Granted, things can change, but in the blueprints leaked on twitter(http://i.imgur.com/c9lDaSd.png), it looks like the concept art has the size right.

- - - Updated - - -

I was expecting them to at least take out the red paint and color it all green for the virtual tour.

Probably just didn't want to bother redoing the virtual tour art. I'd assume thats the same one they have had for years.

a) As we navigate beneath the much-discussed metal ramp/overpass, we hear the sound of a train rushing past, so clearly it is meant to represent a bridge for the Hogwarts Express.

I follow this thread regularly but I still don't get two things about this ramp : what is its purpose in the new land thematically (it was not in the movies) , and why does it technically exist ?

I made a research without success so if someone has a quick answer on this, this will make me happy :thumbs:

I follow this thread regularly but I still don't get two things about this ramp : what is its purpose in the new land thematically (it was not in the movies) , and why does it technically exist ?

I made a research without success so if someone has a quick answer on this, this will make me happy :thumbs:

If I recall correctly, it's there to support the show that will be in the goblin alley. I think it was going to hold lights and such as well. Thematically, it's themed to the train bridge that Harry sees out the window of the Leaky Cauldron in PoA.

I'm not a huge Potter fan but I'm excited to check this all out. Especially the ride. I'm also interested in seeing how the dragon looks on top of Gringotts.

What I didn't like about the webcast was how it felt like they weren't prepared. I'm sure the land is going to be immersive but they said the word "immersive" like 50 times. There are other ways to describe things. Its kinda sad how Disney can make a better announcement about some benches than Universal about a new land.

Thankfully I was able to watch the webcast from work with no issues! :cheers:

So much hype! So much excitement! I'm SO PUMPED!!! :happy:

New Hi-res concepts
London%20Embankment.jpg

Thank you for posting these! The London Enbankment looks so amazing like this!!

Also, thanks badlactose for posting those screen caps!!! I didn't have any issues with the site, but it was nice to see those images in still form! :cheers:

BTW, I want that sepia-tone map of Diagon Alley just like the one from Hogsmeade!

However, like in my more informal times: I just died!

:died: :cheers:

Pretty sure the structure behind the trees might be a ticket upgrade kiosk for people to ride Hogwarts Express (which they've committed to only being a park-to-park ticket attraction. Makes sense.

I would think that's inside King's Cross, though.

That said, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the staircase next to Gringotts... so mysterious. Nice to see that there are shop facades to the left of the staircase.

I know!! It looks awesome and I love how it extends the land even further visually.

It looks like that could be Magical Menagerie or Eelope's Owl Emporium.

EOE looks to be to the right of Madam Malkins, though, no? And those should be the bathrooms to the left of Gringotts.

I was able to pull some additional unreleased concept art from the video. It's not the best quality but it's better then nothing.

YOU! ROCK! SIR! :hail:

Additional (low resolution) Gringotts screen capture...

http://imgur.com/A2u9QOv

Thanks! :thumbs:

What I didn't like about the webcast was how it felt like they weren't prepared. I'm sure the land is going to be immersive but they said the word "immersive" like 50 times. There are other ways to describe things. Its kinda sad how Disney can make a better announcement about some benches than Universal about a new land.

img401.imageshack.us_img401_7936_notsureifserious.gif

I did some sleuthing and I'm 99% sure that the Magical Menagerie is to the left of Gringotts. It looks like the same cat in the sign and there looks to be bird cages in the shop windows.

MM.png

OMG OMG OMG it's really happening!! lol I do wonder if there's enough room for that fountain and plaza in front of the facades though, it doesn't look like enough room for it when I see the construction site in person.

can someone could captured the video of Kightbus just before the website
I wish to do it by myself but all i have now is an beautiful list of number

Whats the shop between the Daily Prophet and ollivanders? I can't quite read the sign. I know its prob a false front, but I'm intrigued still. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.