Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 504 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The facade for the Monsters dark ride also looks like it's explicitly based on Frankenstein's laboratory tower exterior from FRANKENSTEIN and BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN...
View attachment 19564
I wonder what prompted the change from directly recreating a movie location to inventing sort of an all-purpose manor (inspired by the movies, perhaps, but not taken directly from them).
Just by looking at the two pieces of park concept art compared to what is being built right now and knowing the coaster was a relatively late replacement for the canceled theater attraction, it looks like Dark Universe could have went through a bit of production hell. Not necessarily a bad thing since the final product is looking very good so far, but wouldn’t be suprised that there was a lot of back-and-forth behind the scenes on how to do the land right.

The middle lagoon is deepest, and closest to an actual lagoon (likely similar depth as USF lagoon). Lower water feature is similar to a reflecting pool outside of the octagon restaurant, but with waterfalls leading down from park entrance courtyard into it. And the upper one is a flat fountain display with cascading water features leading to hotel.

So a real lagoon in the middle, with flatter water things north and south of it.
I assume that there will be a World of Color like show done in the middle lagoon. Have patents revealed addition things for the lagoon(s) like the things for mist screens?

@Alicia Do you happen to know what that circle building is to the left of the Monsters portal in the older artwork? It looks to me like they flipped Oak & Star over to that side of the street later on but I am curious.

his was the last piece of concept art drawn up before the name was changed from Fantastic Worlds to Epic Universe.
Moreso when it was a combination of both called Epic Worlds,, .
@Alicia Do you happen to know what that circle building is to the left of the Monsters portal in the older artwork? It looks to me like they flipped Oak & Star over to that side of the street later on but I am curious.
An earlier version of meteor burger but called Armillary Burger,,. At one point an ampitheater like the music plaza in studios would have been in that side too

Moreso when it was a combination of both called Epic Worlds,, .

An earlier version of meteor burger but called Armillary Burger,,. At one point an ampitheater like the music plaza in studios would have been in that side too
Part of me now wishes we got a Fantastic Universe rumor. Love your posts!

The facade for the Monsters dark ride also looks like it's explicitly based on Frankenstein's laboratory tower exterior from FRANKENSTEIN and BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN...
View attachment 19564
I wonder what prompted the change from directly recreating a movie location to inventing sort of an all-purpose manor (inspired by the movies, perhaps, but not taken directly from them).
I would guess that it was too similar to what we’re getting in another land.

I would guess that it was too similar to what we’re getting in another land.
I don't think I see a great similarity anywhere.

If anything, the new manor design (big, tall facade with lots of windows) seems closer to some of the Paris structures than the lab tower would have been.

I don't think I see a great similarity anywhere.

If anything, the new manor design (big, tall facade with lots of windows) seems closer to some of the Paris structures than the lab tower would have been.
Dragons has a lot of forced perspective rockwork coming. At the end of the day, a spooky manor is cool.

Wouldn’t be mad at Epic Worlds. At least fixes the redundancy issue with Universal Universe.

970b0753-5e31-452f-9edc-6268af557b84_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nico
I know this is delving into the so far pretty non existent marketing campaign, but do we think this park will have an attached slogan around opening? Studios had “Ride the Movies” and Islands had “Live the Adventure”. Neither are used much today but I really liked how they worked well with each other, something like “Explore the Universe” would be a great way to continue the tradition.

“Explore the Universe” is good

But I believe they will play up the hotel and hub as part of the park, plus the portals cutting off each land, so expect lots of phrases touting the park’s first of its kind immersiveness, as well as how you can stay in the park and enjoy this “whole new resort without leaving the park.”

“Explore the Universe” is good

But I believe they will play up the hotel and hub as part of the park, plus the portals cutting off each land, so expect lots of phrases touting the park’s first of its kind immersiveness, as well as how you can stay in the park and enjoy this “whole new resort without leaving the park.”
Maybe something about this park is about “total immersion” and how it’s the theme park of the century… wait a minute…

In all fairness I feel like the gimmick of most theme parks and new lands at opening is how “immersive” they are, will be interesting to see how Epic’s marketing can show off how it actually is a different model than what we’re used to.

When can we expect the marketing campaign to start? Thanks to lack of additions next year is also going to be slow regardless of econ conditions or people knowing about the park. So IDK if they decide to just go ahead with it in the summer, or wait til HHN is over, or even Xmas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.