Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

Anyways, back on topic everyone.

Ummm... what is the topic? WW is open... it is successful and continues to be so, therefore there is not much to report other than silly joking about stuff, any stuff. Otherwise, the rest of this website has become a new movie and video game website. Any other web forums that focus only on theme parks?

Anyhoodles, any new merch at Wizarding World? I hope they add to what they have in the near future. You can never spend enough on HP.

I'm wishing for a new series of Chocoloate Frog Cards. I think anyone who's had their heart set on collecting the founders has had enough time at this point, and some newer cards would bring people back. If this were to happen, I'd guess we'd get Famous Witches and Wizards of the Modern Age, and I have a suggestion for these 4:

Albus Dumbledore: This NEEDS to happen. After it's importance in SS/PS and DH, I'd bet some fans have the text of his card memorized by now.

Harry Potter: Simple, just refer to him as "The Boy Who Lived" and refer to the fact that he's attending Hogwarts

Viktor Krum: After the first 2, it got hard, because I'd like to see people who are famous in-canon, not just main characters, and he appears to be the eminent sports star of the Wizarding World.

Gilderoy Lockhart: I know, I know, "What about Voldemort?!!!!" I just didn't feel it would make sense to see him on a Chocolate Frog Card, since these are for adolescent wizards to collect, and someone whose name alone causes terror kiinda defeats that. As for Gilderoy himself, his celebrity is unquestioned, and especially since he was never actually exposed as a fraud to the populace. That and I like his character. My list my sway.

Albus Dumbledore: This NEEDS to happen. After it's importance in SS/PS and DH, I'd bet some fans have the text of his card memorized by now.
I have no idea what you're talking about. :look:
Considered by many the greatest wizard of modern times, Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark Wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragons blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel. Professor Dumbeldore enjoys chamber music and ten-pin bowling.

If they're going to add more cards, they should add the ones that are mentioned in Sorcerer's Stone. Dumbledore, Merlin, Agrippa, Ptolemy, and Morgana are some I remember off hand.

Railings being installed within the queue extension at the Forbidden Journey.

August62011063.jpg

August62011064.jpg

August62011065.jpg

August62011067.jpg

It was taken from Jurassic Park to the left of the Popcorn and drink stand across from the watering hole. The photo itself shows the FJ's emergency exit path into JP and the only thing that is new seen here are the planters blocking the entrance/exit into the new queue extension. Other than that nothing in this photo has changed.

So, can anyone find the beginnings of black mold on the snow in the WW? It is common in Florida. Did they use a special paint that resists mold? Just testing UOR's upkeep a year later. Just curious.

Hi Everyone, I finally get to visit Islands of Adventure 9/8/11 - 9/12/11? Does anyone know if this is a busy time? Its the weekend after Labor Day, so I was hoping not. I'm not staying at an on-site hotel, so any pointers on beating the lines in WWOHP would be helpful? What time should I arrive? Should I head straight to WWOHP? From Universal's website, it looks like the hours of operation on these days are 9a - 7p. I'm pretty sure this has been discussed, but not sure where to look.

KevinJ this may change because of return time machines.
But I have been many times and I found that going to the studio's first
and not trying WWoHP till noon (or later) to be the better course.
Everyone wants to go to WWoHP and first thing it is wrapped up.
You want to avoid the big crowds (if you can)
Since HHn will not have started yet you should be ok .