Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cool but sorely needs some auto-open doors at the end of the tunnel (like Test Track).

If you notice in the video it said "And then our show doors will open" The actual footage is of the ride's elements not completed and the doors probably not functioning or even on yet.

As far as connecting this with The Hogwarts Express experience. Fairly weak if that is all it was. And I have strong feeling it will be so much more than that. What Sea World did is cool for a Sea World Coaster, but it is essentially a simulated aquarium experience via a tunnel with a POV of a Ray. It reminds me very much of a coaster parking in a cylinder version of what the original Manatees: The Last Generation? was before it was changed into Turtle Trek's main show.

:clears throat:

Hogwarts Express anyone?

Project 7717:
North station 7717; Foundation layout and details for primary structural system.

Project 3641
South station [HASHTAG]#3641[/HASHTAG]: Foundation layout and details for primary structural system

Project 4691
Connector [HASHTAG]#4691[/HASHTAG]: Foundation layout and details for primary structural system

Thoughts?:pray:

:clears throat:

Hogwarts Express anyone?

Project 7717:
North station 7717; Foundation layout and details for primary structural system.

Project 3641
South station #3641: Foundation layout and details for primary structural system

Project 4691
Connector #4691: Foundation layout and details for primary structural system

Thoughts?:pray:

ugh. i hate the fact that HP is going to be in both parks. its a great business idea. HP fans will eat up anything HP. but it doesn't make sense for the parks. USF is not IOA.

i put $10 that the North station will be located at USF and the South station will be in IOA. haha.

ugh. i hate the fact that HP is going to be in both parks. its a great business idea. HP fans will eat up anything HP. but it doesn't make sense for the parks. USF is not IOA.

i put $10 that the North station will be located at USF and the South station will be in IOA. haha.
I think the London-esque theeming will help it fit into the Studios better..we will see though

Where are the actual 'plans' for these projects that are being reviewed by the city? I wonder if they can be requested from the City of Orlando?

I wonder. Doubt it though. The purpose of the website is for permitees to check on the status from the permitors. SFWMD should have something soon regarding the hotel (assuming that's what it is) soon. Jaws site has already been approved by SFWMD.

I wonder. Doubt it though. The purpose of the website is for permitees to check on the status from the permitors.

I was more thinking if one wanted to view the plans at City Hall. If someone is building a new addition down the street from your property than you should be able to see the plans and decide if it affects your homes value and complain. I would think all would be public record because of this. Where is Bob? LOL

I was more thinking if one wanted to view the plans at City Hall. If someone is building a new addition down the street from your property than you should be able to see the plans and decide if it affects your homes value and complain. I would think all would be public record because of this. Where is Bob? LOL

Well, they've started sealing the plans at SFWMD.

Well, I've always been on the applications side so I checked into it.

Here it is:

From "The Office of the Attorney General of Florida"

C. The Public Records Act

CHAPTER 119, FLORIDA STATUTES

119.071 General exemptions from inspection or copying of public records.--

2. This exemption applies to building plans, blueprints, schematic drawings, and diagrams, including draft, preliminary, and final formats, which depict the internal layout and structural elements of a building, arena, stadium, water treatment facility, or other structure owned or operated by an agency before, on, or after the effective date of this act.

4. The entities or persons receiving such information shall maintain the exempt status of the information.

(c)1. Building plans, blueprints, schematic drawings, and diagrams, including draft, preliminary, and final formats, which depict the internal layout or structural elements of an attractions and recreation facility, entertainment or resort complex, industrial complex, retail and service development, office development, or hotel or motel development, which records are held by an agency are exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution.

5. As used in this paragraph, the term:

a. "Attractions and recreation facility" means any sports, entertainment, amusement, or recreation facility, including, but not limited to, a sports arena, stadium, racetrack, tourist attraction, amusement park, or pari-mutuel facility that:

(I) For single-performance facilities:

(A) Provides single-performance facilities; or

(B) Provides more than 10,000 permanent seats for spectators.

(II) For serial-performance facilities:

(A) Provides parking spaces for more than 1,000 motor vehicles; or

(B) Provides more than 4,000 permanent seats for spectators.

b. "Entertainment or resort complex" means a theme park comprised of at least 25 acres of land with permanent exhibitions and a variety of recreational activities, which has at least 1 million visitors annually who pay admission fees thereto, together with any lodging, dining, and recreational facilities located adjacent to, contiguous to, or in close proximity to the theme park, as long as the owners or operators of the theme park, or a parent or related company or subsidiary thereof, has an equity interest in the lodging, dining, or recreational facilities or is in privity therewith. Close proximity includes an area within a 5-mile radius of the theme park complex.

I know, rather dry reading. But you asked for it.

Last edited:
The documents being 'sealed' isn't anything new, and has nothing to do with the fact that plans were pulled or are being kept private. Signing and sealing plans is something that's done by the engineer/architect, and it applies to all plans filed as public record:

http://www.ehs.ufl.edu/buildcode/signing.htm
61G1-16.003 When Seal May Be Affixed.

The personal seal, signature and date of the architect or interior designer shall appear on all architectural or interior design documents to be filed for public record and shall be construed to obligate his partners or his corporation. A corporate seal alone is insufficient. Documents shall be signed personally and sealed by the responsible architect or interior designer. Final official record documents (not tracings, etc.) shall be so signed. The signing and sealing of the specification index sheets shall be considered adequate. All drawing sheets and pages shall be so signed and sealed. An architect or interior designer shall not affix, or permit to be affixed, his seal or name to any plan, specifications, drawings, or other related document which was not prepared by him or under his responsible supervising control as provided in Rule Chapter 61G1-23, F.A.C. An architect or interior designer shall not use his seal or do any other act as an architect or interior designer unless holding at the time a certificate of registration and all required renewals thereof.

That being said, and again, totally unrelated to the document sealing, Universal did indeed contact the SFWMD about the "Project 722" plans being posted online, and had them pulled, as well as stopped the SFWMD from posting any other Universal related plans online. So you can count that out as a source for any future Universal filings.

And as for the new project numbering, that again is likely a direct result of the internet rumor sites digging through public records. Now we're stuck with 4-digit project numbers and guess work. Judging by what we've seen so far, I'm assuming anything that starts with 7 is a project for USF and anything that starts with a 3 is for IOA. Not really sure what a 4 means though, perhaps back of house work?

USF:
Project 7448 - Lagoon waterfront work (BLD2012-03284)
Project 7542 - Gringotts (BLD2012-03313)
Project 7689 - Mass Grading of Jaws area/Wastewater collection system (ENG2012-00234)
Project 7717 - USF Station (north) (BLD2012-03434)
Project 7913 - New fencing/gates, removal of earthen berms, placement of fill in low areas prone to ponding (BLD2012-03074)

IOA:
Project 3063 - New bus drop off area for events (ENG2012-00457)
Project 3641 - IOA Station (south) (BLD2012-03437)
Project 3694 - IOA main utility installations and mass grading (ENG2012-00475)

???
Project 4691 - Connecting track for north and south stations (BLD2012-03436 )

Status
Not open for further replies.