What does Jurassic Park need? | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

What does Jurassic Park need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The opening scene in "Jurassic Park" is in an amber mine. They do not have a mine cart, but putting one in wouldn't breach the story arc at all. The story could be something as simple as a preshow in the queue explaining how Amber makes JP possible. The indoor scenes can show the glowing amber in the walls. The outdoor section could swing by a leftover Triceratops similar to the hippogriff.

Keep in mind that the IOA JP island is separate from the one in the movie if I remember correctly...so and amber mine or for that matter and new adventure is not a breach of story...minus the fact that it has to have dinos or some small connection to the JP story..

Why would there be dinosaurs in an amber mine? If the answer is that there wouldn't be...then you guys want to put a ride in Jurassic Park that does not have dinosaurs in it...think about that for a second.

Why would there be dinosaurs in an amber mine? If the answer is that there wouldn't be...then you guys want to put a ride in Jurassic Park that does not have dinosaurs in it...think about that for a second.
Their could be a few dinos I guess...I personally don't mind it being just an out of control mine ride. The queue could include a trip through a dinosaur outpost with the old Trike. I picture geysers, LED lighting effects, and some cool near miss moments. A dinosaur outside of "the fences" would be a breach of story in my opinion unless it is done where they escaped like in River Adventure. It would balance the island in my opinion..and I personally would like to explore some previously unexplored territory in JP

Their could be a few dinos I guess...I personally don't mind it being just an out of control mine ride. The queue could include a trip through a dinosaur outpost with the old Trike. I picture geysers, LED lighting effects, and some cool near miss moments. A dinosaur outside of "the fences" would be a breach of story in my opinion unless it is done where they escaped like in River Adventure. It would balance the island in my opinion..and I personally would like to explore some previously unexplored territory in JP

To me, having a ride based around looking for amber and then having a runaway mine car is a much bigger departure from JP than if they simply had a second ride where the dinos escape and all hell breaks loose.

I agree Spyderdan. That is why I stated earlier Dinos in a zoo like theme park setting is what Jurassic Park is. Anything that is a ride without a dinos or loosely themed to dinos would be something John Hammond put in there as a traditional ride one might find at a kitschy theme park. As John Hammond states in the stories. That is where Camp Jurassic and Pterydon Flyers come from. You are not supposed to believe you are on a real dino flying, but an loosely themed amusement ride in Jurassic Park.

Personally I wouldn't mind having a ride involving dino's where all hell DOESN'T break loose. I'm envisioning something similar to the jeep ride in the film, except minus all the chaos.

It is a neat thing to imagine but if you take the chaos out of JP, than you don't have a plot or adventure aspect. You just have something that after the first 30 seconds people would become very immune to it. Universal thought ahead of covering that aspect of the film for balance. In other words, the first third of the film or so where there is only the worry of Dinos breaking loose or being any foreshadowing of trouble. This is why they have The Discovery Center and had(sadly) the Triceritops Discovery Trail for calm dino encounters.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Here's a few things I found, I don't know if it's been mentioned yet and I dont have the time to scroll through 34 pages :stunned:

http://jurassiraptor.tumblr.com/post/23214516857/the-lost-jurassic-park-rides-youre-probably

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/10/jurassic-park-wooden-racer-that-never.html

Saw that a while back. Would have been interesting if it was highly themed (landscape that flowed with the track and whatnot.)

I believe it is 5 with 1 always down for upkeep.

As crazy as it sounds, Hulk has 3 1/2 trains. Then 1/2 a train at a time is swapped out for annual refurb. It sounds insane, but I've seen it first hand. It does kinda make sense though. No sense in purchasing a whole train that you're not going to be operating. So only purchase half haha.

Saw that a while back. Would have been interesting if it was highly themed (landscape that flowed with the track and whatnot.)

As crazy as it sounds, Hulk has 3 1/2 trains. Then 1/2 a train at a time is swapped out for annual refurb. It sounds insane, but I've seen it first hand. It does kinda make sense though. No sense in purchasing a whole train that you're not going to be operating. So only purchase half haha.

That shocks me I honestly would of thought they had at least 4 full trains since they can be on the circuit at the same time.

Ive been lookin at google images from the ariel view of JP and there really is no more room to expand sadly enough unless something small goes in that area directly north of pteranodon flyers....

Lets just knock down the river adventure and build the Jeep tours and an alien encounter type attraction based on velociraptors.

What walk-by experience in Japan?

There will probably be someone around about this but there is a walk through experience in asia somewhere possibly singapore (i think it actually tours). Where it has the discovery centre and you walk through a Brachiosaurus encounter, Stegosaurus encounter, T-Rex/Raptor experience and they are all similar to the first film. It's quite a unique and decent looking attraction. I couldn't find anything on google about it though.

I think I know what you are talking about. There was a traveling exhibit in Japan called the jurassic park institute tour.
[video=youtube;hv5eami9WRY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv5eami9WRY[/video]
I was never in any of the Universal parks, but I think it would definitely fit. I would like to see some of it incorporated into the welcome center. Really, if there was a legitimate attraction like a show or small ride within the welcome center, jurassic park would feel much less empty

Reactions: Cwoolboy