What does Jurassic Park need? | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

What does Jurassic Park need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think I know what you are talking about. There was a traveling exhibit in Japan called the jurassic park institute tour.
[video=youtube;hv5eami9WRY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv5eami9WRY[/video]
I was never in any of the Universal parks, but I think it would definitely fit. I would like to see some of it incorporated into the welcome center. Really, if there was a legitimate attraction like a show or small ride within the welcome center, jurassic park would feel much less empty

I wish we had something like that here

They DEF need something similar to Rhino Rally from Busch Gardens Tampa ...it would really make a perfect fit.

I was just thinking about this again, with the refreshed rumours the past few days that a new ride may be on the cards for JP. I was wondering, are we assuming that (if it happens) it will go on the plot behind Thunder Falls Terrace? I was just wondering what the space is currently used for. In satellite images it looks like it's just backstage storage / staging, but the area is actually pretty big. I know it won't happen, but the area actually looks easily big enough to house a show building for Helicoptours. You could easily fit a show building the same square footage as Spiderman's back there, just in slightly more of a rectangle than the square that Spidey is. Plenty of room for a few sim screens. Helicoptours was originally planned for the land FJ sits on wasn't it?

I was just thinking about this again, with the refreshed rumours the past few days that a new ride may be on the cards for JP. I was wondering, are we assuming that (if it happens) it will go on the plot behind Thunder Falls Terrace? I was just wondering what the space is currently used for. In satellite images it looks like it's just backstage storage / staging, but the area is actually pretty big. I know it won't happen, but the area actually looks easily big enough to house a show building for Helicoptours. You could easily fit a show building the same square footage as Spiderman's back there, just in slightly more of a rectangle than the square that Spidey is. Plenty of room for a few sim screens. Helicoptours was originally planned for the land FJ sits on wasn't it?
I know the spot your talking about. It's a big gravel lot that's fenced in. I've never seen much of anything in there either. Usually just a few random merch/food carts. If you close Thunder Falls though you'd have a lot of room to work with.

@Frenzy you wouldn't even need to close TFT, there's room for access between there and the JP gate. Seems a shame that it seems like there's still the room for Helicoptours to be built, yet we're still not getting it! Last people heard, slappybob, was the amber mine coaster as far as I know.

I think whatever's currently being planned will end up on the Triceratops Encounter plot before the Thunder Falls plot, personally. Get rid of the dead areas inside the park before expanding out, IMO.

You might well be right, I guess it depends what they want to build really - it seems like there isn't that much space in there. Also, have they definitely given up on TE forever now? I can't remember what the latest was with it when it closed at the end of it's last seasonal opening a while back. *Searches*

You might well be right, I guess it depends what they want to build really - it seems like there isn't that much space in there. Also, have they definitely given up on TE forever now? I can't remember what the latest was with it when it closed at the end of it's last seasonal opening a while back. *Searches*

It was open last summer for a spell, since I made sure to check it out. Hasn't been open since though. And I don't think it ever will again.

And while the plot isn't all that expansive, they could put a nice sized family coaster/dark ride in there. Whatever they do, I hope they use the trike AAs in the ride. That would be great.

Should I mention I saw some guys from GCI at IOA about a month ago? They were having Butterbeers at The Three Broomsticks.

We know they are working on Fun Spot, so they probably were just blowing "off hours" enjoying the parks, but who knows.

Last edited:
Should I mention I saw some guys from GCI at IOA about a month ago? They were having Butterbeers at The Three Broomsticks.

Behind the Thrills mentioned them last week when I was talking to them. Would be a great idea, though I'm still nervous about a woodie holding up in Orlando's climate.

My idea for the area would be "Triceratops Falls Mine Cart" basically a small, family coaster that heads through the amber mines and passes by a few waterfalls and the Trike AAs.

Behind the Thrills mentioned them last week when I was talking to them. Would be a great idea, though I'm still nervous about a woodie holding up in Orlando's climate.

My idea for the area would be "Triceratops Falls Mine Cart" basically a small, family coaster that heads through the amber mines and passes by a few waterfalls and the Trike AAs.
Not a bad idea...they already have the animatronics...

Gwazi hasnot held up too well over here on the coast, just too humid. A steel/woodie should be the only thing they consider if indeeed they ever do it.

So like a certain other Mine Train except with show scenes and being appealing to someone over the age of 10?

^^Exactly :thumbs: I looked back in the TE thread, it was indeed open a few days over Christmas. Who knows eh.