What does Jurassic Park need? | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

What does Jurassic Park need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Someone mentioned the other day that Universal found it to be too costly and inefficient to run.
So..that means it is being replaced then right? That spot is the perfect dead space for an attraction..there is quite the void there...if/when JP4 comes out I wouldn't mind seeing a wing rider coaster come to JP either or maybe a vertical drop coaster..Imagine plunging into a volcano or something..wait there weren't any volcanos in JP..but it would still be neat..

I had a thought the other day for a unique JP attraction that worked a lot like the new Antartica ride at Sea World...Imagine driving yourself through JP on a trackless ride system with T-Rex and Raptors everywhere..

I went to Google Earth and did my best to get aerials of both Triceratops Encounter and Seven Dwarves Mine Train from the same elevation. I believe SDMT was closer to the ground so may be slightly bigger than the Triceratops plot. I superimposed Triceratops over SDMT and outlined it in yellow. They are roughly the same size in total area.

sdmtjpcomparison.png

I had a thought the other day for a unique JP attraction that worked a lot like the new Antartica ride at Sea World...Imagine driving yourself through JP on a trackless ride system with T-Rex and Raptors everywhere..

There are so many great rides that could be created for JP, it's a shame there is only room for a certain number! Would work well with the Spidey ride system as a dark ride, or the Alien-style Raptor Encounter people talk about... Helicoptours... The possibilities are endless!

I think if this went out over the lagoon it would have a decent amount of land to work with. The only issue is right by this plot of land is a backstage area and although you can see backstage areas from RockIt and Dragons I think it kills it when you're that close to one, but that's just me.

I'd be sad to see TE disappear; I've never experienced it, and it'd be nice to see another walk-through at IOA. I always thought the encounter they did with the baby triceratops was fantastic and totally believable. But, TE is prime real estate.

Whatever they do, I hope it's not a disaster-type ride. JP at IOA was supposed to be a success for John Hammond. The boat ride was a replacement to the Jeep ride, so the next attraction should show the dinosaurs like a successful animal preserve. I'd be for HelicopTours, though it's pretty similar to Wild Arctic at SeaWorld. I'd really like to see the Jeep concept become a disaster-free dark ride, but then the Disney fanboys would scream that Universal stole DINOSAUR from DAK.

I'd really like to see the Jeep concept become a disaster-free dark ride, but then the Disney fanboys would scream that Universal stole DINOSAUR from DAK.

Are you saying that you think DAK's Dinosaur is disaster free? Meteorites, Giant Monsterasaurus photo op, Monsterasaurus attacks just before you get out.

A few other points regarding use of the Triceratops robot figures that others dreamed about today. They cannot be exposed to the elements. They were never designed for such use.

That said, a single horse like mini-stall building facing out into the courtyard from the old entrance would be a great place for timed displays. Open top doors like a barn on three sides so a group could gather and marvel with a keeper present. 10 minute show and then the upper doors are closed so the Dino can rest blah blah blah.

Next door to that... the mine train entrance.

Are you saying that you think DAK's Dinosaur is disaster free? Meteorites, Giant Monsterasaurus photo op, Monsterasaurus attacks just before you get out.

A few other points regarding use of the Triceratops robot figures that others dreamed about today. They cannot be exposed to the elements. They were never designed for such use.

That said, a single horse like mini-stall building facing out into the courtyard from the old entrance would be a great place for timed displays. Open top doors like a barn on three sides so a group could gather and marvel with a keeper present. 10 minute show and then the upper doors are closed so the Dino can rest blah blah blah.

Next door to that... the mine train entrance.

Or you could have them inside in a show scene.:thumbs:

^^^That's why I think a family coaster would be a great choice for the area. Nice, not intense, and seeing a few Trikes along the way

I like that, like a family terrain coaster. I think it should have a small train to differentiate it from Hippogriff. Maybe one of these...

Maurer Sohne Spinning Coaster

crush-s-coaster-307992.jpg

OR

Mack eMotion Coaster

emotion3.jpg

OR a more thrilling option

Intamin Mega-Lite Coaster

5lh00g82atjca74enq3u6g.jpg

Seriously. Last thing IoA needs is a water ride.

I remember you and I had an argument about this a few months ago. And it wasn't until my last trip that I realized you were right. The rides they have are great, but you get soaked on all of them pretty much and it makes it tough to want to do them on a normal day.

I remember you and I had an argument about this a few months ago. And it wasn't until my last trip that I realized you were right. The rides they have are great, but you get soaked on all of them pretty much and it makes it tough to want to do them on a normal day.

Yup. The back part of the park (JP/TL) really needs some dry rides to level the playing field.