USO/IOA secrets | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

USO/IOA secrets

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The target marker that used to be in front of the Space Shuttle prop is still there. Its by the MIB photo.op sign in USF. :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Go to the circular area and look down..the yellow marker is where you would stand and take a pic of the BTTF ride building. If you got the angle right it would have appeared that a Space Shuttle was ready for launch on top of the building. :cheers:

Also yesterday while at Universal Studios I noticed one of the facades facing Gramercy Park has a matte painting of a fake interior just inside the door. Look for the numbers 207 which are painted on the top step of a stoop. Look to the right of that and climb the steps,look inside the window of,the door. The painting is inside the "room" and the door has a window that you can see it through. Although it sadly looks like it's being used as a storage closet.

Went to Islands on Monday this week. As I was leaving, the gate for the Navigator's Club was slightly opened and so I figured that would be as good a time as ever to go up and sneak a quick photo. Nothing we haven't seen before, just thought I'd share.

14ue0t3.jpg

I only noticed this the last time I went, but I think the Three Broomsticks is the only place you can get "Pumpkin Fizz." I think that's the name. Basically a carbonated Pumpkin Juice that I think has the Butterbeer like "head" on top. Not sure if you can get this at the Hogs Head. Will check in a couple weeks.

I only noticed this the last time I went, but I think the Three Broomsticks is the only place you can get "Pumpkin Fizz." I think that's the name. Basically a carbonated Pumpkin Juice that I think has the Butterbeer like "head" on top. Not sure if you can get this at the Hogs Head. Will check in a couple weeks.

You can get it at HogsHead too.

Productive and frustrating trip to USF this week. Rode Mummy about six times to get a good pic of the Kong statue. See below for best shot (horrendous). I also think there is a reference to Kong right after the scene where you see Imotep and the mummified character with the hat on. You go directly to a large image of a scarab beetle that has what I believe is an image of kong's face in red directly in the middle.

Went on MIB and tried to get shots of either Frank the Pug or the Steven Spielberg alien. No luck there.Car was going to fast and I needed to be in the far right seat (was in far left)

Lastly, the shirt being pulled apart in the Jurassic Park ride changed name tags. It was Michael, right? With the belief that was a small jab at Michael Eisner? Now it says Donald, which I presume is for Donald Duck. Photo came out crappy on that one as well.

IMG_5129_zpsc6ce26fe.png

Productive and frustrating trip to USF this week. Rode Mummy about six times to get a good pic of the Kong statue. See below for best shot (horrendous). I also think there is a reference to Kong right after the scene where you see Imotep and the mummified character with the hat on. You go directly to a large image of a scarab beetle that has what I believe is an image of kong's face in red directly in the middle.

Went on MIB and tried to get shots of either Frank the Pug or the Steven Spielberg alien. No luck there.Car was going to fast and I needed to be in the far right seat (was in far left)

Lastly, the shirt being pulled apart in the Jurassic Park ride changed name tags. It was Michael, right? With the belief that was a small jab at Michael Eisner? Now it says Donald, which I presume is for Donald Duck. Photo came out crappy on that one as well.

IMG_5129_zpsc6ce26fe.png
That scarab kong reference is also in gift shop for better photo access. :thumbs: Also the JP shirt has less to do with Donald Duck and more to do with the manager or lead in charge. It's his name on the shirt, or so I've been told by people who have worked in JP... :shrug:

Not really a secret but have any of you noticed while in the first show room of the mummy with the mummified guy with the hat, on the left side there are several mummy's that all have universal employees name tags. Also at the end of the mummy, directly after the final right turn where mist is sprayed at you, if you look up to the right there is a white track on he ceiling which I think is the old Kongfrontation track.

Not really a secret but have any of you noticed while in the first show room of the mummy with the mummified guy with the hat, on the left side there are several mummy's that all have universal employees name tags. Also at the end of the mummy, directly after the final right turn where mist is sprayed at you, if you look up to the right there is a white track on he ceiling which I think is the old Kongfrontation track.

Is that the only part of the ride that you can see the old Kong track?

Is that the only part of the ride that you can see the old Kong track?

during the drop right after the fake unload scene if you look directly up not only can you see the roller coaster track from the initial launch, but also (attached to the ceiling) some Kong track--prettty cool, but makes for an awkward on-ride photo if you're looking for it.

That scarab kong reference is also in gift shop for better photo access. :thumbs: Also the JP shirt has less to do with Donald Duck and more to do with the manager or lead in charge. It's his name on the shirt, or so I've been told by people who have worked in JP... :shrug:

It might be the attractions supervisor, since I've only ever noticed four names since I started visiting the parks regularly about four years ago.

Thanks for the response guys. Probably off subject a little but ,I remember reading an article about when they was building the Mummy they had to leave a lot of the old Kong track remaining because it was actually built into the building structure itself. The article also mentioned the ghost that apparently resides in the building!

Thanks for the response guys. Probably off subject a little but ,I remember reading an article about when they was building the Mummy they had to leave a lot of the old Kong track remaining because it was actually built into the building structure itself. The article also mentioned the ghost that apparently resides in the building!

Kong track exists. Ghosts don't.

I've also read that its because it is part of the building. Can anyone link to an article or hard proof that that is the reason its still there?

Kong track exists. Ghosts don't.

I've also read that its because it is part of the building. Can anyone link to an article or hard proof that that is the reason its still there?

http://themeparkinvestigator.com/in-memoriam-kongfrontation/ On the article to the left it says

However, one persistent rumour indicated that Kong’s show building had become structurally unstable. To combat this, a new dark ride (Revenge of the Mummy) was installed, with extra supports that would go unnoticed in Mummy’s dark environment. It is also thought that part of the Kong ride vehicle track remains in place to support the ceiling.

ALSO VERY INTERESTING

So what became of the two huge Kong animatronics? Mostly unknown, but what is known is that the head of one of the Kongs lies under the track in the pitch black launched section of Revenge of the Mummy.

Now the mummy is really creeepin me out! Lol So now its haunted, The structure is unsafe, There are remains of a old ride inside, and there is a giant king kong head sitting in the dark... :-X