USO/IOA secrets | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

USO/IOA secrets

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I also read that the mummy almost follows the same route of kong but backwards

Also is there anyone on this forum that works at universal and can confirm the kong head?

I also read a rumor about one of the heads being at the Hard Rock cafe (dont know which one.) It would be epic if someone out there not only knew where they were, but could also get pictures to REALLY confirm where they are. 1 thing I would REALLY like to know is where did the photo op Kong go? They kept the Jaws one, so why not Kong?

I also read a rumor about one of the heads being at the Hard Rock cafe (dont know which one.) It would be epic if someone out there not only knew where they were, but could also get pictures to REALLY confirm where they are. 1 thing I would REALLY like to know is where did the photo op Kong go? They kept the Jaws one, so why not Kong?
I know the director of hard rock live/cafe in orlando, her name is jessica. she gave me a tour of hard rock and showed me there junk room, I do not remember there being a kong head but i remember it was full of old universal stuff... Ill ask her:thumbs:

the kong head is not inside the mummy. its been confirmed multiple times from various sources.

Yeah, when you think about it it makes next to no sense. Why store it there versus anywhere else (if there's merit in keeping it at all)? Besides, such a high profile item would gain a lot of attention from employees who go down there... surely there'd be pictures floating about by now, even if taken illegally.

Kong track exists. Ghosts don't.

I've also read that its because it is part of the building. Can anyone link to an article or hard proof that that is the reason its still there?

Im not saying I believe in ghosts but only repeating whatnI have read and heard before :)

The ghost story is basically to do with when they was building the original Kong ride and a poor guy fell to his death. During the building of the Mummy he was "responsible" for the electrical fire. He has been sighted on photo op pictures on supposidly empty carts and also during the testing of the ride.

Last edited:
People have ridden the ride with the lights on before, and I thought it got demolished like old Brucey. By the way does anyone know what happened to the Dueling Dragon statues? Last I heard years ago they were up for sale.

It might be the attractions supervisor, since I've only ever noticed four names since I started visiting the parks regularly about four years ago.

That is correct. Their current supervisor is Don (Hence the Donald name tag) It gets swapped out every time they change attractions supervisors.

http://themeparkinvestigator.com/in-memoriam-kongfrontation/ On the article to the left it says

However, one persistent rumour indicated that Kong’s show building had become structurally unstable. To combat this, a new dark ride (Revenge of the Mummy) was installed, with extra supports that would go unnoticed in Mummy’s dark environment. It is also thought that part of the Kong ride vehicle track remains in place to support the ceiling.

ALSO VERY INTERESTING

So what became of the two huge Kong animatronics? Mostly unknown, but what is known is that the head of one of the Kongs lies under the track in the pitch black launched section of Revenge of the Mummy.

Some but not all of the track is still there, the building however is structurally sound and does not require additional supports.

Also has has been mentioned, the Kong heads are not underneath the ride track. Last I heard they were in an offsite warehouse.

I also read that the mummy almost follows the same route of kong but backwards

Also is there anyone on this forum that works at universal and can confirm the kong head?

The station is in the same place and Mummy leaves in the same direction. They by no means travel the same route however.

Why would they even store a Kong head there, and would it even be safe?

There is a lot of stuff stored down there, just not any Kong heads.

People have ridden the ride with the lights on before, and I thought it got demolished like old Brucey. By the way does anyone know what happened to the Dueling Dragon statues? Last I heard years ago they were up for sale.

The Kongs were brought to an off site warehouse, just like the sharks. Sadly the Dragon statues were in fact demolished.

They cover everything stored down there with a black tarp, so even if your there when the lights are on it would be hard to tell. That being said there are some ride vehicles down there (none from ET thought)

They cover everything stored down there with a black tarp, so even if your there when the lights are on it would be hard to tell. That being said there are some ride vehicles down there (none from ET thought)

Do you know what attrctions those ride vehicles are from???? I'm not saying your wrong, I just want to know....

I'm sure there are POV videos out there, all of them taken against Universals wishes and violating the ride requirements.