Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 177 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks this new Kong site (although I am 100% FOR a Kong addition in and of itself) is really messing with the "island theme" for ISLANDS of Adventure!? MSHI, Toon Lagoon, Jurrasic Park, Harry Potter, Lost Continent (what's left of it) and Suess Landing, all have a common theme of being total themed areas with more than one thing to do, see, and eat, then this area jutting out to the side between 2 "lands" just doesn't make thematic sense to me I guess.. Am I wrong? Or is this going to be another "island" with food/merch as well, and not just a small gift shop at the exit, don't think there is enough room back there for this to be an entire land though. Just seems out of place I guess, would have made more thematic sense to me to close the toon theater and take out the midway games and add an entire "Skull Island", THIS I would understand and would make perfect sense thematically.. :shrug:

Hiya, new member, first time posting...

When I asked an employee at Terrace Cafe if the restaurant was closing they told me it would go down for refurb for a short while like a month or two, but that it was not closing down.

Originally I had heard they were going to reclaim the land and use it as queue for the new Kong ride, but now it seems that the Terrace restaurant will instead stay, but be rethemed for Skull Island. That would put the new entrance to JP just beyond the restaurant, closer to the ride and Camp Jurassic.

Given that JP island already has Burger Digs, a pizza window, and the Watering Hole, it wouldn't be the end of the world to lose Terrace to Kong. And more importantly, this gives Skull Island something more substantial than just a ride and gift shop.

For me personally, I love the Terrace Cafe. It's nice to get something besides just burgers and it's cool to get those big ears of corn with the husks on them. So I'm glad to hear it's sticking around, regardless of what island it's officially a part of.

^A lot of Thunder Falls is designed around the splash zone of JPRA. The whole right wing is adorned with those big windows to provide optimal views of the splash. If they re-theme it to Kong, they would either have to re-do the whole focus of the restaurant, OR have it straddle two themes which IMO wouldnt look good. Thanks for the info though, I do doubt Thunder Falls will go anywhere. And welcome!

Yea, I wonder if because Thunder Falls has two sides if they plan on theming it for both islands, with Kong on the left and JP on the right, but I seriously doubt it. The last time I ate there I was staring out the big picture window at the JP ride drop and the glorious splash that encompasses the entire window thinking how there's no way they're covering that up.

The way I look at it, you can see Popeye and the Hulk Coaster across the lagoon while eating in the back of Burger Digs or even the back porch of the Three Broomsticks, so seeing another island out a window while dining might not be the worst thing in the world.

The way I look at it, you can see Popeye and the Hulk Coaster across the lagoon while eating in the back of Burger Digs or even the back porch of the Three Broomsticks, so seeing another island out a window while dining might not be the worst thing in the world.

It should be noted that the Islands at IOA were never supposed to be completely immersive environments where you can't see any elements from other parts of the park. That's a Disney thing. As the story goes, the settlers landed in the Port of Entry and eventually spread out and claimed their own islands. But the Islands are very much aware of each other's existence, trading with each other, etc., with the lighthouse beam visible from everywhere to help guide the inhabitants back to the Port. I need to remind myself of this when I see "thematic intrusion". :)

It does make sense to put Skull Island right there, as the splashdown at Thunder Falls can act as the body of water on that side separating the "island" from Jurassic Park.

It does make sense to put Skull Island right there, as the splashdown at Thunder Falls can act as the body of water on that side separating the "island" from Jurassic Park.

Yea, totally. As you enter the JP island you'll have the river adventure water to your left and the water flowing beside Camp Jurassic to your right making the pathway feel like a bridge.

From the new film Jurassic World...

jw1_zps6c518556.jpg

jw2_zps628482a8.jpg

jw4_zps88104d0b.jpg

jw3_zpsc88b209c.jpg

jw5_zpsb2a86a9f.jpg

Anyone else picture the possibility of a "Scrambler" being added?

Reactions: Andy
Man, no vertical Kongstruction yet? Universal better quit screwing around...if they're not careful, Disney's gonna get the Avatar site graded before they go vertical! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.