Next Attraction To Go? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I noticed that too on my visit to Universal a few days ago. I don't know why they made the theatre the new entrance and then have the queue snake through I'm assuming was an extended queue at one point and then finally inside the normal front façade. There was a bunch of people right at the entrance confused and them blocking the way made me confused as to where the entrance was. :bang: But as always the Mummy was fun. Needs more King Kong tributes though...

I was given the impression it was more to have time to fix Disaster and get it running right again so they don't lose the capacity of TWO attractions at the same time.

Lol Capacity ? People only go to those attractions to kill time. They are going to lose Capacity anyway come fall haha

- - - Updated - - -

I just heard a giant rumor that universal will be picking off all unwanted attractions one by one next year. Like they will close kidzone, disaster then twister in that order. Is it true?

I certainly hope. So

Not sure how they close Kidzone. I mean do they just rope it off or put up walls near Animal Actors?

I noticed that too on my visit to Universal a few days ago. I don't know why they made the theatre the new entrance and then have the queue snake through I'm assuming was an extended queue at one point and then finally inside the normal front façade. There was a bunch of people right at the entrance confused and them blocking the way made me confused as to where the entrance was. :bang: But as always the Mummy was fun. Needs more King Kong tributes though...

The new entrance was where you could be in that Star Trek video back in the days of Kong. They turned it into a preview center when IoA came into the picture. That was all before Mummy came to town, so IDK about the story of the entrance but I am interested if anyone else knows. But I have talked to a lot of people in the past about their experiences in the parks, so I can say it is not uncommon for confusion as to how to get in as well as being unaware that it is a roller coaster.

Lol Capacity ? People only go to those attractions to kill time.

Well that is what capacity is. The parks do need people eaters.

Twister going down has all of a sudden become a hot rumor for some reason, though it appears to be safe through 2014. I wonder what they are planning.

I think Mummy could be on the chopping block. Now I haven't heard anything but when you think about it, it's a dead IP, the effects are always having to be fixed, and the sole moneymaker at that attraction is the lockers out front. Seriously nobody ever buys any souvenirs from Mummy's gift shop so why keep it?

Maybe they can replace it with even more harry potter! :rolleyes:

I think Mummy could be on the chopping block. Now I haven't heard anything but when you think about it, it's a dead IP, the effects are always having to be fixed, and the sole moneymaker at that attraction is the lockers out front. Seriously nobody ever buys any souvenirs from Mummy's gift shop so why keep it?
The IP is not dead, a remake has been in production for a year now.

Yeah yeah... we talked about this weeks ago. Twister will become the tonight show and Disaster will become F&F. Both are seemingly tired ideas. Tonight show should merely take over a soundstage for a month each year. February would be best for that; promote the park etc and let Jimmy play the Florida jokes.

F&F is so crappy and teen boy centric.

If it happens, ehh... It'd be neat to actually have something that followed through on the New York theme, but this sounds like it could be pretty mediocre. Like EPCOTCenter said though, I'll wait to see the official announcements for these two. Fast and Furious could work well but it does seem like a "Done and done" IP... I remember years ago on my very first trip to Universal, the rumors were flying that BTTF was gonna be replaced by F and F, and we were all glad we got to ride it before it went...

Imma be pissed if they just overlay Disaster with this:

[video=youtube_share;uC_mDNeoPI4]http://youtu.be/uC_mDNeoPI4[/video]

:rofl:

Imma be pissed if they just overlay Disaster with this:

[video=youtube_share;uC_mDNeoPI4]http://youtu.be/uC_mDNeoPI4[/video]

:rofl:

Why? Respectively.

I think Disaster is a terrible attraction.

More importantly, after the recent Harry Potter editions I'm extremely curious to see how they can re-do an area! Awesome times we live in theme park innovation!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah yeah... we talked about this weeks ago. Twister will become the tonight show and Disaster will become F&F. Both are seemingly tired ideas. Tonight show should merely take over a soundstage for a month each year. February would be best for that; promote the park etc and let Jimmy play the Florida jokes.

F&F is so crappy and teen boy centric.
So in Essence , whatever replaces Twitter won't be a daily theme park attraction?

As for twister I do enjoy the special effects and would really hate for it to go for something that seems like crowd participation we will put u into tv showshows crap. As for disaster. As long as it isn't an overlay I will be happy for whatever comes. It's just to tedious to go through the who spiel to ride it every time. While I don't hate press I just want something to go in that I would want to do every visit instead of once or twice a year. If they threw up a huge soundstage it would be cool if the soundstage went all the way to the water and the land was all indoors. If they went with f&f it would make for some great nighttime street racing vibes. And if it was a test track type ride they could ever have the track go over the land on bridges and make for a really cool atmosphere.

Reactions: Jenstar