2016 SeaWorld's New Coaster Speculation | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

2016 SeaWorld's New Coaster Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love if they just went crazy and called the thing Cthulhu...

In all seriousness..It would be cool if they kept with the Mythical names...they have Kraken, Atlantis..would be cool if they did Megalodon or something
I was actually think Magalodon too. The entrance could be through a giant fossilized Megalodon jaw.

Screamscape thinks it will be a MACK coaster. I know there was a rumor of two MACKs coming to Central Florida, but if Universal is getting something akin to Space Fantasy then that should be the second MACK.
In any case, really hoping DisneyHead is correct and it is a B&M. Also, even if the coaster is only 200ft, they could have the first drop go subterranean.

Tallest, fastest, longest in ... I have seen some people say in "Central Florida" but I thought it was just fastest etc in Orlando. Anyway, hopefully in a month there will be accurate information and concept drawings!

Or Thrasher. That would be a cool name.

A few shark names they won't be using? Bull, Nurse, Sand, and especially not Black-Tip.

Lol ... maybe the should call it Blackfish :p

Interviewer: What do you think of Blackfish?
Interviewee: Wow! It is tall, it is fast ... there is no other coaster like it, I love seaworld!

A tall dark stranger ... Blackfish, Seaworld's newest coaster!

Last edited:
Screamscape thinks it will be a MACK coaster. I know there was a rumor of two MACKs coming to Central Florida, but if Universal is getting something akin to Space Fantasy then that should be the second MACK.
In any case, really hoping DisneyHead is correct and it is a B&M. Also, even if the coaster is only 200ft, they could have the first drop go subterranean.

I think BGT will get the Mack, SWO will get a B&M Hyper coaster...unless they are going to throw us for a loop and do a dive machine..

They could pull a Griffon and only go a couple of feet taller and call it "tallest"

Layout wise...think Nitro.
An L-shaped, out and back, hyper. Helix at the far end, up near the north end of Kracken.

Lol ... maybe the should call it Blackfish :p

Interviewer: What do you think of Blackfish?
Interviewee: Wow! It is tall, it is fast ... there is no other coaster like it, I love seaworld!

A tall dark stranger ... Blackfish, Seaworld's newest coaster!

Actually, I thought the name "Orca" would be fitting for a large SeaWorld hyper coaster. Lots of airtime-filled hills to simulate an Orca leaping from the water, a few dips underground (or maybe even through underwater tunnels), and a unique paint-scheme for the ride to depict the animal as well (black track spine/crossbeams with white rails, for example). They've got other coasters with animal names--both real and mystical (Manta, Great White, SheiKra, Montu, Cheetah Hunt, etc.); "Orca" just feels like a natural name/theme for them to draw from.

I'm hoping that they don't just grab ANYONE to build the ride for them. Nothing against Mack (they build great rides), but Busch/SeaWorld have generally always gone with B&M and I hope that trend continues. B&M are limited at about 6 rides per year and they generally seem to have a waiting list, so I'm a bit skeptical that they can just slam this ride together for SWO. I think about the Rockit at USF and wonder what the ride would have been like had they gone with a B&M like they wanted to...

Last edited:
I think it could even be a Premier coaster. SWP&E just worked with them on the new coaster at BGW. Something along the lines of Full Throttle...

The thing about the Mack Mega Coaster, the tallest they have gone is 135'. That's a good bit short of a hyper.

But a 200' B&M would be pretty anti-climatic these days. And I don't see SWP&E going with Intamin AG at this point in time. Premier could do it. But you know who would be totally out of the box thinking? Rocky Mountain Coasters.

The thing about the Mack Mega Coaster, the tallest they have gone is 135'. That's a good bit short of a hyper.

But a 200' B&M would be pretty anti-climatic these days. And I don't see SWP&E going with Intamin AG at this point in time. Premier could do it. But you know who would be totally out of the box thinking? Rocky Mountain Coasters.

A 200' B&M would be rather anti-climatic these days, you're right. It is, however, something that the Florida market lacks, so I think it would still be successful. Whatever they end up building and regardless of what company builds it, I just hope SWO cooks up a cool attraction that is a real head-turner and buzz-generator. If they just throw in a generic 200' coaster from one of the "lesser known" coaster companies, I don't see it being the draw that they want it to be. It's gotta have appeal and really stand out if they want to pull attendance back through their gates.

A 200' Rocky Mountain coaster? Now you ARE thinking outside the box! Yes please!

Anyone else thinkning this "200-feet" coaster is going to end up at 199.99' to avoid height restrictions?

The 200ft cap is just so you don't have to have a light on top. They already have a tower that is taller than 200 and I really doubt a flashing red light on top of an unthemed roller coaster would make them work under that height. The height must be a product of the space constrictions.

For instance here is a quick mockup of kinda where it will go. The part i designated for the hill could be all hill and have a lerger height, or the drop can be apart of it or even the station. Im sure they could squeeze in a 300 footer if they really wanted. But at 4000 feet thats not that long for if you wanted to go that high and fast. Id love something like nitro down here.
15ydw2b.jpg

Last edited:
That layout is close, but...
The station is more between the shark building and Nautilus Theater and the top doesn't go quite that far.

There is also a loop out to the lake just before the station.

I think the whole 200' feet thing is used pretty loosely, actually. Could be 220' for all we know. Then keep in mind that B&M is making steeper lift hills these days, so in that sense, 200 feet in height could fit in the same space as Kraken's 150 feet. Of course, it would be cool if the drop was similar to SkyRush, where it banks half way through.

Well if that's the case I bet the horizontal has the lift, first drop and a large overbanked turn that sends it north.

Thread has been a fun read.

The land parcel of the canal, that flows into C-5 drainage canal, is controlled by Valencia Water, not SeaWorld. To build on it SeaWorld would need an easement.

Can't wait for them to start building so I can take pictures of the entire process. It was interesting seeing that happen with Jaws shutting down and evolving into Diagon Alley.

I know they put these up over most other parks shutdown 5 to 6. Months I am hoping they get this up and running in under a year. I am going to go get 2 year passes. In the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.