2016 SeaWorld's New Coaster Speculation | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

2016 SeaWorld's New Coaster Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If one can learn of one thing, then one may learn of many things! I just found out that this new coaster was originally slated for 2018 but was fast-tracked due to current circumstances.

Teebin, is the Universal coaster for next year still happening? Definitely looking forward to next year, new coasters in SWO and BGT and Kong in IOA and maybe a coaster in US.

It was only by chance encounter that I learned that it was a coaster. The what and when is way out of my scope of knowledge right now, until perhaps a day when it isn't.

Wow, so this wasn't the previous concept that was dusted off. That's surprising with how quickly this is happening. It has to be ready to send to fabrication if they want it by next summer, I would think.

So, it's a hyper and not a Giga. But it appears that it will be a B&M so my sources were half right.

I am really surprised that they are going with a hyper right next to Kracken. Kraken itself is a pretty big coaster.

So, it's a hyper and not a Giga. But it appears that it will be a B&M so my sources were half right.

I am really surprised that they are going with a hyper right next to Kracken. Kraken itself is a pretty big coaster.

Yeah but at least it's going to draw people to the other side of the park.

If one can learn of one thing, then one may learn of many things! I just found out that this new coaster was originally slated for 2018 but was fast-tracked due to current circumstances.

It was only by chance encounter that I learned that it was a coaster. The what and when is way out of my scope of knowledge right now, until perhaps a day when it isn't.
Hehe

I really hope this is 200 +...from the sounds of it though it sounds as if it will just be 200...Just barely a hyper..that's not enough dangit!

I'm thinking they may save some $$$ on trademarking and go with Great White....since they already have a coaster with that name in TX. Just my 2cents. I could see perhaps another type of shark theme as well since current sources claim the station to be between Shark Encounter and Nautilus Theater. I'm excited for this. Finally some sort of confirmation other than rumors that have been going around since I started going to this park in '07. It will be great to have a hyper in FL period...regardless what park it's at. I would have preferred a giga, but I'll take it (BGT will probably get that). Since I already have annual passes at SW (& BGT) this makes it even better for me. Come on 2016!

I'm thinking they may save some $$$ on trademarking and go with Great White....since they already have a coaster with that name in TX. Just my 2cents. I could see perhaps another type of shark theme as well since current sources claim the station to be between Shark Encounter and Nautilus Theater. I'm excited for this. Finally some sort of confirmation other than rumors that have been going around since I started going to this park in '07. It will be great to have a hyper in FL period...regardless what park it's at. I would have preferred a giga, but I'll take it (BGT will probably get that). Since I already have annual passes at SW (& BGT) this makes it even better for me. Come on 2016!

Totally agree. I figure Sea World gets the hypercoaster, and a name like Great White totally fits...heck, they reused Manta in San Diego...maybe three years down the road Busch Gardens gets a gigacoaster. (I'm still hoping for a Rocky Mountain conversion to Gwazi.) Now I'm curious what Sea Worlds plan will be after this ride...

Now I'm curious what Sea Worlds plan will be after this ride...

It should be to do something akin to Animal Kingdom. AK is a theme park with animals, while SW is an aquarium with rides.

We discussed this on our podcast (I believe Ep 31) where it's time to move on from all the backlash and controversy that is Blackfish and focus on bringing people into the park. Forget about trying to "clear your name". No matter how hard they try, there will always be detractors. Poor comparison but best way to put it. When the Heat signed Lebron James, he was the most hated man in the sports world. When he won his 1st championship, the hatred faded. Even moreso by trophy #2.

Focus on the park. Focus on making attractions that people will want to come to visit.

It should be to do something akin to Animal Kingdom. AK is a theme park with animals, while SW is an aquarium with rides.

We discussed this on our podcast (I believe Ep 31) where it's time to move on from all the backlash and controversy that is Blackfish and focus on bringing people into the park. Forget about trying to "clear your name". No matter how hard they try, there will always be detractors. Poor comparison but best way to put it. When the Heat signed Lebron James, he was the most hated man in the sports world. When he won his 1st championship, the hatred faded. Even moreso by trophy #2.

Focus on the park. Focus on making attractions that people will want to come to visit.

I don't understand, they have the sucessful business model in their own company (BGT and BGW)...World class coasters and animal habitats...

Like I said, they are relying too heavily on their shows..when those go under fire (like they have been), the problems start..hopefully Sea World will wisen up

I don't understand, they have the sucessful business model in their own company (BGT and BGW)...World class coasters and animal habitats...

Like I said, they are relying too heavily on their shows..when those go under fire (like they have been), the problems start..hopefully Sea World will wisen up

Well BGW isn't exactly on the up & up these days... :lol:

Well BGW isn't exactly on the up & up these days... :lol:

Yeah, Blackstone messed with theBGW formula that worked so well all those years, ie. transporting you into the immersion of the Old Country mixed with a few world class coasters. Since the new CEO took over they started a purge of management last week, so hopefully they'll right that other sinking ship, BGW. Attendance has been dismal since Blackstone took over.

though for the love of pete they better tease and market this thing and not pull the Busch Gardens Williamsburg method of "Let's not talk about it till a week before the park opens".

That was pleasantly fast, not only a confirmation of a big coaster but they also officially announced it. Smart moves SW, smart moves. Looking forward to seeing the layout.

What a sudden turn of events! This is amazing news and this coaster is the first step in turning the park around. It's a little hyper coaster, but a hyper coaster nonetheless, in Florida! I was truly expecting BGT to announce their coaster first. Then again, this ride was supposed to open in 2018, so good news indeed.

Mako is a sexy name for a coaster. Dissecting their words, they said rising from the depths and soaring to new heights, aren't mako sharks some of the highest jumping ones?

So now the real reason for fast tracking the coaster is out of the bag...This is a real news release today from NBC News..."Sea World Trainer Barbie" needs to look for a new gig. Mattel spokesman Alex Clark confirmed Friday the company will stop making the Sea World themed Barbie Doll, along with all it's Sea World related merchandise".....I kid thee not. It appears Barbie has spoken for the mass of American pre teen girls. Barbie is no longer in the Sea World camp. The timing of this announcement is paramount. Sea World had no choice but to launch a new coaster to save it's corporate a _ _....LOL

I would love if they just went crazy and called the thing Cthulhu...

In all seriousness..It would be cool if they kept with the Mythical names...they have Kraken, Atlantis..would be cool if they did Megalodon or something

Status
Not open for further replies.