Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Frozen Ever After

God bless the CM's that will have to deal with this capacity nightmare.

That is honestly my concern with the ride, weather one likes it or hates it Frozen is popular and is going to draw far more people then Maelstrom ever did. Unfortunately Maelstrom's capacity/thoughtput was not designed to handle Frozen-level crowds so I can easily see this being a nightmare.

Oh it will be a nightmare. Basically only people that stay on Disney property and reserve a fast pass 60 days out will be guaranteed a ride. Everyone else will have to show up to the park at opening and run!!!

I heard the Olaf AA won't be projection faced. That it was going to be like the Olaf AA that was in Disneyland, only it would be a standing figure and the body/arm motion is very fluid and cool.

I would imagine Sven and Marshmallow to also not have projection faces. Most likely just the human AAs will be projection faced.

The storytelling Troll, :shrug:

You know what? I don't get this. What does this attraction have to do with riding Soarin or TT? And what is Tier 1? (no wonder I have come to hate disney, with all their jargon and mumbo jumbo complication)

I never use FP at Epcot, but I know that some parks have attractions set in tiers so you can't use all 3 FPs on top attractions. DHS does this for sure.

You know what? I don't get this. What does this attraction have to do with riding Soarin or TT? And what is Tier 1? (no wonder I have come to hate disney, with all their jargon and mumbo jumbo complication)

With FP+ you schedule your FPs before getting to the park. DHS and EPCOT have 2 separate tiers when choosing FPs, Tier 1 and 2. You can only choose 1 Tier 1 attraction, and 2 Tier 2 attractions.

Frozen, both its M&G and ride, and considering its abysmal capacity and high demand, will be a Tier 1 along with Soarin' and Test Track, freeing up some of those FPs.

With FP+ you schedule your FPs before getting to the park. DHS and EPCOT have 2 separate tiers when choosing FPs, Tier 1 and 2. You can only choose 1 Tier 1 attraction, and 2 Tier 2 attractions.

Frozen, both its M&G and ride, and considering its abysmal capacity and high demand, will be a Tier 1 along with Soarin' and Test Track, freeing up some of those FPs.

Thank you very much. Does anyone just ignore those wrist bands and wing it any longer?

Not everyone wears the bands, but you really can't get away with not doing FP+ at parks like EPCOT, DHS, and MK
You easily can. You just have to be willing to wit in lines a bit more often than people have come accustomed to with things like Express and FP. I went to the park with a group of 20+ people recently so doing FP+ was virtually out of the question. We got a helluva lot done and did it all standby (didn't arrive til close to noon either). It's just a matter of actually knowing what you are doing.

You easily can. You just have to be willing to wit in lines a bit more often than people have come accustomed to with things like Express and FP. I went to the park with a group of 20+ people recently so doing FP+ was virtually out of the question. We got a helluva lot done and did it all standby (didn't arrive til close to noon either). It's just a matter of actually knowing what you are doing.

I call BS. 20+ people, no FP+, AND you started at noon? Unless you went on a weekday in the off-season, no. You may have gotten a surprising amount of stuff done given those odds, but I feel certain you didn't get a "helluva" lot done.

I call BS. 20+ people, no FP+, AND you started at noon? Unless you went on a weekday in the off-season, no. You may have gotten a surprising amount of stuff done given those odds, but I feel certain you didn't get a "helluva" lot done.
It was this past weekend. I was there with a huge group of kids who were doing a workshop at Saratoga the day before. You can say no all you want, but I was there. Now i'm not saying we did the whole park, but we did enough to be satisfied, hit what everyone wanted and just off the top of my head counting real quick I can think of 15 attractions we hit. They weren't all E's (although we hit Space twice... had a surprisingly short line that day), but they were what people wanted to do and we just let things happen.