NBC Media Center | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Media Center

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't see how an extension of their office space, outside of their offices and into a theme park is logical...

I don't think it's an extension of the theme park's office space, although the in-park management offices they use now (over the lockers/bathrooms between T2 and the Beverly Hills Boulangerie) isn't very big, so maybe they could use some more office space.

I'm thinking it's more going to be used for corporate Comcast employees to visit and play with new technologies, work on integrating new technologies into their businesses, or to hold important meetings using technologically advanced teleconferencing equipment. It's not going to be for the theme park employees, but for Comcast/NBC employees and their technology experts.

This video shows what the NBC Media Lab in New Jersey is like. I imagine, given the permits have a similar name on them, that this project will be similar in nature. Of course, I could be wrong.

I don't think there's a chance they'd put up such a prominent sign if this wasn't intended for some guest use. Curious.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I really admire all of this cross-branding. It makes US seem much more of a powerhouse in the world of entertainment. And of course, COMCAST is scheduled to top a tall building elsewhere. Fun stuff.

I really admire all of this cross-branding. It makes US seem much more of a powerhouse in the world of entertainment. And of course, COMCAST is scheduled to top a tall building elsewhere. Fun stuff.
Really? I think it's really tacky honestly. Using Today Show and Tonight Show to promote the parks...brilliant. But the other way around? Doesn't seem to fit Universal's new MO of ultra-theming. I mean, that NBC sign completely clashes with the Garden of Allah aesthetic. And then Jimmy overtaking Twister....

Really? I think it's really tacky honestly. Using Today Show and Tonight Show to promote the parks...brilliant. But the other way around? Doesn't seem to fit Universal's new MO of ultra-theming. I mean, that NBC sign completely clashes with the Garden of Allah aesthetic. And then Jimmy overtaking Twister....

Yea, and Jurassic World stuff in JP!? Terrible! :tongue:

I just want to know if this will indeed be a guest area or just a fancy TV preview center. I assume the preview center will be part of it, but the big sign seems like it's to draw guests from the street

I just want to know if this will indeed be a guest area or just a fancy TV preview center. I assume the preview center will be part of it, but the big sign seems like it's to draw guests from the street

The person that broke the news of the signs backstage yesterday reported that next to them were wait time signs for standby and express... so...

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn