NBC Media Center | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Media Center

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It looks like you were all right about the wait time/Express signs. They could be for another attraction. They must have just randomly placed them next to the new NBC sign backstage.

Walls are down according to @OrlParkNews on Twitter. No wait time signs are up either.

Great that the walls are down! Of course, the lack of wait signs means little at this point. Recent photos of the interior show that it is far from completed. So, let's wait and ponder the mystery of this curious rebuild.

There remains a ton of space left on that sign out front! I wonder what awaits it.

CIcDKHCUkAEGcB5.jpg

Im not really sold on the paint treatment of finishing work yet (I know its not done yet, so I hope it gets addressed). But but the paint job in the pictures kinda seems all over the place as far as pattern and texture. I don't think they are done painting yet (especially looking at the second level above the doors). But I really hope whatever is going on here gets fixed. It looks like there are arched plugs between the pillars of loggia type structure with a nice conspicuous seam. I don't know it thats a design choice but it certainly doesn't look it to me, and its already been painted so?

Thanks for the pics btw!
19210519625_d41ff4696b_c.jpg

It looks like there are arched plugs between the pillars of loggia type structure with a nice conspicuous seam. I don't know it thats a design choice but it certainly doesn't look it to me, and its already been painted so?

Is that loggia new too? Sharp eyes on the seam! Any contractors know if that is a foam/densglass/cinderblock issue?

We have to keep in mind that UC isn't involved in this project at all to my limited knowledge (and yes, since yesterday, I have gotten the skinny on that). There is more, but it isn't my information to talk about, and so I won't. (Teebin loves and hopes to continue to "get the skinny" in the future after all!)

;)

Reactions: Stitchie
Is that loggia new too? Sharp eyes on the seam! Any contractors know if that is a foam/densglass/cinderblock issue?

We have to keep in mind that UC isn't involved in this project at all to my limited knowledge (and yes, since yesterday, I have gotten the skinny on that). There is more, but it isn't my information to talk about, and so I won't. (Teebin loves and hopes to continue to "get the skinny" in the future after all!)

;)

Any idea if it's more than a preview center?

I love the original sign with the neon letters but the obelisk like sign in the garden with the peacock logo on it is horrible!
It looks like an art deco inspired sign with a mexican style skin on it, it's ugly.
But whatever there wil be in that building I'm glad it's getting some life and the garden looks great.