NBC Media Center | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Media Center

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My biggest fear is that this will turn out to be like the CBS Research Center in the Las Vegas MGM Grand. NBC does something similar in the hallway between Paris and Bally's but not with an official sign or anything. It's where they bring in people to watch some crappy show and then ask them how much they liked the crappy show. If this is what they think is adding a "major attraction", they are horribly incorrect!

I actually like who nicely landscaped the area is and the building looks pretty nice... I just don't really care for the giant NBC peacock logo in the middle of the park.

But seeing as it's there, i'd actually rather the Garden of Allah sign to go. It clashes with everything a bit too much now imo.

My biggest fear is that this will turn out to be like the CBS Research Center in the Las Vegas MGM Grand. NBC does something similar in the hallway between Paris and Bally's but not with an official sign or anything. It's where they bring in people to watch some crappy show and then ask them how much they liked the crappy show. If this is what they think is adding a "major attraction", they are horribly incorrect!

No one ever said this would be a major attraction, not even Universal is talking about it yet.

Asking people to watch pilot episodes has been going on for a long time at Uni if I'm correct. Not sure where that is and if that location could become something else if this would be the replacement of that.

Universal has said zip about this place..It probably wont even be on the park map..

I'm thinking it's going to be much like the old Preview Center, which is now the Film Vault store, but fancier..

Even if it is just a replacement for the Preview Center, actually having it be branded and a nice exterior goes a long way to them getting participants. There was something off putting about being asked to do something for money and then being taken into a back alley.

Universal has said zip about this place..It probably wont even be on the park map..

I'm thinking it's going to be much like the old Preview Center, which is now the Film Vault store, but fancier..
There's very prominent signage though... People are naturally going to try and go in.

There's very prominent signage though... People are naturally going to try and go in.

Its a lot easier to get people to take surveys and demo products if they come to you unknowingly. One of the only times I've been part of a focus groups was because I walked into someplace without knowing what it was, heard I could get some money for 15 minutes of pushing buttons. Figured I walked in there on my own accord and asked what it was all about, I kind of owed it to them at that point.

Just seeing the pics now. They did a great job shoehorning this in. Is it open to guests already?

I actually like who nicely landscaped the area is and the building looks pretty nice... I just don't really care for the giant NBC peacock logo in the middle of the park.

But seeing as it's there, i'd actually rather the Garden of Allah sign to go. It clashes with everything a bit too much now imo.

Agreed, and glad I'm not the only one who appreciates the landscaping effort... @Drew @BriMan