DHS Pixar Expansion/Sound Stage 1 | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

DHS Pixar Expansion/Sound Stage 1

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really isn't.

One of the UK parks (Thorpe Park) is $70 per head entrance fee, and you're completely not getting anything near the level of a Disney park. I never pay $70 (£45) per person because there is ALWAYS a 2 for 1 offer, I don't know many people that would go there and pay full prices.

Same as at WDW, how many people actually go buy a 1 park 1 day ticket? Not as many as those that have multi day tickets surely!?
A lot more people by one day passes than you would think. I used to work at MK (as recently as a few months ago) and at lunch or after work in the tunnels I would bump into a lot of the ticket sellers and I got to become good friends with a lot of them. Anytime I would ask what the most common ticket they sell is (naturally being curious as a fan), the answer I always got was the one-day pass.

Seems stupid, but people pay it. Sometimes it's corporations if they are there for a convention, maybe locals who don't go to the parks often, whatever. Over at Universal it's similar, but they sell the one day, two-park passes the most last I knew.

A lot more people by one day passes than you would think. I used to work at MK (as recently as a few months ago) and at lunch or after work in the tunnels I would bump into a lot of the ticket sellers and I got to become good friends with a lot of them. Anytime I would ask what the most common ticket they sell is (naturally being curious as a fan), the answer I always got was the one-day pass.

Seems stupid, but people pay it. Sometimes it's corporations if they are there for a convention, maybe locals who don't go to the parks often, whatever. Over at Universal it's similar, but they sell the one day, two-park passes the most last I knew.
Thats mad, I guess I'd always go for a longer time so never really thought about it.

The convention goers usually get discounted tickets it seems, I was invited to a convention in April and they mentioned discounted tickets.

Universal also charges $100 for a single day park, so I don't see how this is even something to debate.

My issue with Disney isn't always what they build, but just how long it takes them to accomplish it. This is comapny with a LOT of money, the fact that it takes so long to approve budgets and get construction started is amazing. This is a company that could probably afford to build an entire theme park in the time it takes them to build one meet and greet.

Reactions: twebber55
Universal also charges $100 for a single day park, so I don't see how this is even something to debate.

My issue with Disney isn't always what they build, but just how long it takes them to accomplish it. This is comapny with a LOT of money, the fact that it takes so long to approve budgets and get construction started is amazing. This is a company that could probably afford to build an entire theme park in the time it takes them to build one meet and greet.

That's my biggest issue with the state of DHS. I know everyone says big things are coming, but I feel the ball should have started rolling several years ago. The fact they let it get to this point is really what sticks out to me.

It really isn't.

One of the UK parks (Thorpe Park) is $70 per head entrance fee, and you're completely not getting anything near the level of a Disney park. I never pay $70 (£45) per person because there is ALWAYS a 2 for 1 offer, I don't know many people that would go there and pay full prices.

Same as at WDW, how many people actually go buy a 1 park 1 day ticket? Not as many as those that have multi day tickets surely!?

I would MUCH rather visit Thorpe Park than DHS right now.

Reactions: Cheezbat
That's my biggest issue with the state of DHS. I know everyone says big things are coming, but I feel the ball should have started rolling several years ago. The fact they let it get to this point is really what sticks out to me.

Yup. And by the time DHS is done ECPOT will be in the same position.

I'll be excited if big things are coming to DHS, but it doesn't change the fact that they allowed the park to turn into a wasteland, and then still took their sweet time getting to real work.

Reactions: Cheezbat
The main reason EPCOT, HS and AK have the attendance they do. Without that, a lot of a people (myself included) would not be attending those parks as much.

Yes, I totally agree. It looked like they were about to make a number of moves when they brought some of the people associated with the DCA redo over to DHS to make recommendations. Excitement for a while and then nothing. I think Disney really dropped the ball. They could have checkmated some of Universal's momentum if they would have started then and had changes ready to debut in 2016 or 2017. But they really did Universal a favor, unintentionally, by giving them free reign to capture a larger percentage of the business before the DHS improvements kick in. Undoubtedly, DHS will have huge changes at either the very end of this decade or early next decade. But, by that time, Universal's ambitious theme park attraction and hotel building program will make them a much stronger and competitive player in keeping customers on site and visiting their parks plus creating a strong Universal brand.

MM- roll out was a failure, it took almost a year to fix glitches. The whole idea of bringing to the park an alike experience to what Cruise Lines have been doing for decades is not very innovating, but it is helpful. What gets to me is the price tag. They spent about the same amount it took for EPCOT Center to be built from ground up, knowing they could've rolled out a better and improved "Key to the World" program. Also the idea of selling guest info to 3rd parties to pay for part of this program.... it's just not the Walt's way. People get excited about new attractions, not easier way to spend their money. As a Disney fan I learned there's 2 type of fans, The Conformist, which defends and excuses every action by the Corporation, since number$ are translated to success. And then there's The Traditionalist (like me) that truly believe in Walt's vission of tomorrow, where success is measure by creation. I just think Disney is falling behind. They are feeling too comfortable with their numbers and brand, and I fear one day the creator of the theme park industry will fall on second place as "the reason people visit Orlando" which it's pretty much what Comcast wants and they are really working hard towards it.

DHS is literally a shell of itself, even when it opened it was a shell of a park, but the attractions they did have took a lot of time, such as the back lot tour, over an hour at least.

I would rather go to a local county fair right now over DHS, its cheaper, more fun, GREAT food and I dont have to wait in an hour plus long line for TSMM or RRC

DHS is literally a shell of itself, even when it opened it was a shell of a park, but the attractions they did have took a lot of time, such as the back lot tour, over an hour at least.

I would rather go to a local county fair right now over DHS, its cheaper, more fun, GREAT food and I dont have to wait in an hour plus long line for TSMM or RRC

Ehhh not for nothing - but DHS does have some great restaurants.

MM- roll out was a failure, it took almost a year to fix glitches.
Most new technologies have bugs to start out, especially when working on such a large scale. It was an absolutely massive roll out that required completely new infrastructure, retraining CMs, etc, etc.

Guests, CMs and IT all had to go through a learning process, which made something that wasn't easy to begin with even harder.

Trust me I know, I'm glad at least they give you the option to opt out of the band. Still... I think they need to re-focus their game plan before it's too late.
Well now that the system is in place, they've tweaked the system and made improvements to the app, it actually runs fairly smoothly. It's time to focus on attractions now.

Reactions: Ultranel
I think it's funny that people get so excited about budget meetings. How desperate are people for news? any news that could possibly give them some glimmer of hope that all their "wishes" of new state of atttractions have come true..on paper.

I think it's funny that people get so excited about budget meetings. How desperate are people for news? any news that could possibly give them some glimmer of hope that all their "wishes" of new state of atttractions have come true..on paper.
When someone like Martin says things like this about what he's heard from the meetings then I think I have reason to be excited...

I'm hearing.... Stuff.

Very good stuff.

Let me pick my jaw up.

Yeah, he has proven himself very moderate in his posts.
Not sure why we're throwing shade here, but either way, every insider over at Magic is saying the same thing. I can't see 5-6 different insiders who have a proven track record being wrong, especially when they are all agreeing on the same thing, which never happens.

Just to give a reference of what they are alluding to, we're looking at $2B+.

Status
Not open for further replies.