Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

The discounts are so bogus. Went with a friend to the park while they were on vacation so they purchased a park hopper pass for one day. I was telling him he would get my discount on the pass. Turns out there are no discounts on day passes. Only on multi day passes or AP... which I think is complete and total garbage. Since you never get to ride everything with a park hopper in a day, especially when its your first time to the parks..

This new Ultimate FFP is very tempting. It's interesting with all the talk of FFP being reduced and/or eliminated from some in the recent past but it seems to be expanding instead.:lol:

That Ultimate seems good on the base for the Die-Hard fans of HHN. Its a good deal, and I wonder how many of those are they selling..because, its the Knotts Scary Farm Annual Pass of Horror Nights.

Tickets are on sale now. ROF + Express has skyrocketed in price from something like $229 last year to $299 this year.
Haha, yeah. I'm pretty happy with the selection. There's something for everyone except for the 2-3 night category which they seem to want to push into FFP anyway.

So can someone explain to me how the AP discount works for HHN passes? This is my first year as an AP holder and I'm bummed that prices went up so high.

So can someone explain to me how the AP discount works for HHN passes? This is my first year as an AP holder and I'm bummed that prices went up so high.
They've changed up their ticketing site somewhat this year. I don't see the AP discount options. Maybe it will be added later or maybe I'm just missing it.

Holy F'n Smokes! These prices are insane! My wife and I are staying at HRH 10/9 through 10/14 and planning on going October 9th, 12th and 13th with Express Passes. If we buy individual days it comes out to $1,249! I guess we are going to have to go with the FFP+Express and pay $682! Where the heck are the AP discounts??

I want to get FFP+ w/Express again but that price hike hurts. Lol I was thinking prices would go up by like $20, not $100. Probably will still get it anyways, just have to keep reminding myself that it's multiple days and a better deal than single days + express.

Posted this in the main spec thread:

2015/2016 prices:

General Admission: $101.99/$104.99 (Up $3 this year)
Rush of Fear: $83.99/$91.99 (Up $8 this year)
Rush of Fear Express: $219.99/$299.99 (Up $80 this year!)
Frequent Fear: $94.99/$102.99 (Up $8 this year)
Frequent Fear Express: $234.99/$319.99 (Up $85 this year!)
Frequent Fear Plus: $110.99/$118.99 (Up $8 this year)
Frequent Fear Plus Express: $279.99/$399.99 (Up $120 this year!!!!!)
Ultimate Fear: $200 (New)
Ultimate Fear Express: $600 (New)

Express:

Opening weekend:

Friday: $70/$80 (Up $20 this year)
Saturday: $70/$100 (Up $30 this year)
Sunday: $90 (New)

Week 2:

Thursday: $70/$80 (Up $10 this year)
Friday: $70/$100 (Up $30 this year)
Saturday: $80/$110 (Up $30 this year)
Sunday: $70/$80 (Up $10 this year)

Week 3:

Thursday: $70/$100 (Up $30 this year)
Friday: $100/$100 (Flat)
Saturday: $100/$120 (Up $20 this year)
Sunday: $80/$100 (Up $20 this year)

Week 4:

Thursday: $80/$100 (Up $20 this year)
Friday: $110/$120 (Up $10 this year)
Saturday: $120/$140 (Up $20 this year)
Sunday: $100/$120 (Up $20 this year)

Week 5:

Wednesday: $80/$90 (Up $10 this year)
Thursday: $90/$100 (Up $10 this year)
Friday: $120/$120 (Flat)
Sunday: $100/$120 (Up $20 this year)

Week 6:

Wednesday: $80/$80 (Flat)
Thursday: $100/$100 (Flat)
Friday: $120/$120 (Flat)
Sunday: $100/$130 (Up $30 this year)

Week 7:

Wednesday: $80/$100 (Up $20 this year)
Thursday: $90/$100 (Up $10 this year)
Friday: $100/$100 (Flat)
Saturday: $100/$120 (Up $20 this year)
Sunday: $80/$100 (Up $20 this year)
Monday: $100 (New)

I see what Universal is doing. They want people to still come multiple nights, but they are trying to prevent from a ton of express clogging up the lines for those people who buy multi-night tickets. Interesting.

They are killing the single day people, those are some pretty large price increases for single day people.

Figured I mine as well post this here where it belongs...

Well... I can tell you one thing that is pretty lame about the website/vacation package offer. I would have done a package if they actually allowed me to build my vacation the way I wanted. I can obviously choose the proper dates and hotel without any issue (other than it taking a full minute to load), but the current HHN offerings aren't what I need. They don't have the Rush of Fear option or Express which is mandatory for my stay. What is a single night admission ticket going to do for me, other than help me get in 1 night to wait in a line? What I find even more ridiculous is that they aren't offering the proper ticketing options, yet, they are offering Unmasking the Horror tours to those buying these packages now. I didn't think the UTH tours were available for booking until late summer. So they have the sense to realize, gee, maybe these people staying here want to go to Horror Nights and possibly even splurge on a tour, but we won't offer all the ticket options yet. All I know is that I better not get hosed out of a tour because some rando vacationer, who could care less about the event, decides he wants to blow a few extra bucks and do something during the daytime.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember them offering the tours this early with their packages though. Additionally, it does say this right on their website...

"HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS® UNMASKING THE HORROR TOUR

Get a daytime glimpse of how Universal Orlando's Art & Design team transforms the biggest names in horror into haunted houses on a lights-on VIP tour.
ADD TO YOUR VACATION PACKAGE BEFORE THEY SELL OUT"

The Saturday during the weekend I'm planning on being there is apparently already blocked out and we're in May. They may add more tours as they sell out, but it's not like that number can be infinite. I suppose what really should happen is I should just call them and demand to be allowed to spend my money to book it now. I'm already staying at their new hotel/resort, so why should they stop me?

Edit Update...
I called Universal and explained how I wanted to make a reservation for the tour and was told that only people purchasing packages were allowed this privilege. Apparently, it doesn't matter that I already have a room booked with them. In my opinion, this is certainly not a good way to conduct business. If I wasn't such a fan of the tour, I'd just skip it and keep my $ out of principle.

I called and booked mine with no problem and I don't have vacation package. They mentioned that they just started the Horror Nights stuff today so maybe theres confusion among the booking agents.

I made this to help me compare. Prices are rounded.
VslqeEp.png

Interestingly RoF with express is the worst value.