Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

Seats for the larger person.

Well that wasn't very nice of them. They are yelling, "FAT PERSON, RED STRAP SEAT!".

An anecdote, I was at the park with a very large friend of mine and we attempted doing Hulk and the skinny TM was practically jumping on the restraints to get him in. I could feel the TM's apparent embarrassment at having to dismiss someone. Alas, it was to no avail... :(

I t just didn't feel like Hulk. I relate most of the rides to movies and this one is just difficult to piece together(the story).

I hate the on board audio. I was hoping it be similar to rockit but it just wasn't enjoyable for me.

Also don't like the new restraints since they definitely will fit bigger people.

Plenty of upside to the rebuild for average park goer and hulk lover. Myself however just didn't enjoy the new experience as I was hoping. I'm okay though. Wasn't much looking forward to this so I just wanted to check it out.
Also will say, I'll give it another shot in another row and seat to see if my ride experience changes.

The new launch tunnel sucks.

Its like 3 short strips of screens on each side that don't even reach the end of the tunnel, they stop at the halfway point. On top of that they show cheesy graphics, and there's gigantic black spaces between these short little screen strips. The worst offense is that there is no narration in the tunnel, or warning sirens or anything that built up the anticipation on the old ride.

So everyone, count your blessings.... make up your own story if you need one that bad.
Just because it's good doesn't mean it couldn't have been better. This seems to be a case of UC hitting the stop button at "Just Good Enough". Sure it looks nice, but it makes no sense.

If you're going to spend 11 months on something, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to expect slightly more from the queue after all they hyped it up.

Got a ride in tonight. Definitely a smoother experience than before and everything looks incredible.

I was a bit let down by the launch tunnel; definitely miss Bruce Banner's "no,no, nooo!" as the new one just launches with no warning.

The onboard audio needs to be turned up a bit as I couldn't hear any of it until the mid course brakes.

The new locker system is great! Well it should be at least, but I got stuck waiting for someone who locked up their ticket and forget their locker number. The locker attendant opened lockers one by one and asked the guest if they were his items; somewhat unsettling from a security standpoint.

Overall a solid improvement.

Its like 3 short strips of screens on each side that don't even reach the end of the tunnel, they stop at the halfway point. On top of that they show cheesy graphics, and there's gigantic black spaces between these short little screen strips. The worst offense is that there is no narration in the tunnel, or warning sirens or anything that built up the anticipation on the old ride.
The new launch tunnel is AWESOME!!! I love it. If you watch the pre-load video those circles are part of the Gamma Radiation machine that zaps you and turns you into the Hulk. Perfect story cohesion. And no other roller coaster in the world has a more badass launch IMO!!!

Also will say, I'll give it another shot in another row and seat to see if my ride experience changes.

Got a ride in tonight. Definitely a smoother experience than before and everything looks incredible.

I was a bit let down by the launch tunnel; definitely miss Bruce Banner's "no,no, nooo!" as the new one just launches with no warning.

The onboard audio needs to be turned up a bit as I couldn't hear any of it until the mid course brakes.

The new locker system is great! Well it should be at least, but I got stuck waiting for someone who locked up their ticket and forget their locker number. The locker attendant opened lockers one by one and asked the guest if they were his items; somewhat unsettling from a security standpoint.

Overall a solid improvement.

The new launch tunnel is AWESOME!!! I love it. If you watch the pre-load video those circles are part of the Gamma Radiation machine that zaps you and turns you into the Hulk. Perfect story cohesion. And no other roller coaster in the world has a more badass launch IMO!!!

The great thing about these forums are that everyone (for the most part) respects each other's opinions no matter how much they differ. Some people dislike the upgrades, others love it. Some people would've liked to see elements of the old coaster stay while getting upgrades and others love what they changed.

Personally, I love the changes and generally believe change is good. Hence why I've accepted Jimmy Fallon and F&F instead of bickering about them coming still.

HULK SMASH!!
hulk-first-loop-2.gif

It would probably be more recognizable to guests that the circles in the tube are from the video if they could actually see the video lol. There's only like 1 or 2 TV's in the whole queue that show it

If you really want to see the video, best place is the Baby Swap area (To the right when you get off the ride, or take the elevator up from the "Family room" hallway near the exit) It alternates between 3 or 4 different people getting hulked out.

If you really want to see the video, best place is the Baby Swap area (To the right when you get off the ride, or take the elevator up from the "Family room" hallway near the exit) It alternates between 3 or 4 different people getting hulked out.

I've only seen 3 people each time I've ridden. We always go front row and since that line takes longer, you get to see the full rotation.

As for the launch, I think it could have been done better maybe, but I do like it and find it better than the original. Just wish there would have been even more to it. It seems like more effort was put to the outside perception of the launch, than to the ride experience.

Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster. I'll be hitting the parks this Thursday, should I be there an hour early for some pre-opening runs at the Hulk, or have they stopped letting the GP in early? Thank you!