Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean to keep it going but I had to use that Michael Jordan laughing gif. Sorry, lol but I am really curious on what really is going to happen with DC. I hope they make good use of the space.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Are we thinking this is the next addition plot for islands? Given the current slate of rides for studios, I would have to imagine there will be something by 2019. It will feel imbalanced when universal drops 3 nintendo rides the next year in addition to Fallon and Fast and Furious..

Reactions: Mad Dog
Are we thinking this is the next addition plot for islands? Given the current slate of rides for studios, I would have to imagine there will be something by 2019. It will feel imbalanced when universal drops 3 nintendo rides the next year in addition to Fallon and Fast and Furious..
I agree. They'll need it for park balance. Plus, HP attractions are "great" attendance generators. Nothing quite like them. Orlando will be due for an HP expansion, plus they'll need all the ammo they can muster to take on Pandora/ TSL/ SWL coming attractions at WDW.

Thank goodness

Normal service resumes.

Thor's Uru Hammer strikes again. I guess OU still retains the Marvel rights in Orlando. :lol:....So, anybody's guess as to a date for the ride's closure?

How sure are we that something is even happening here? I mean when this thread first appeared I thought hmmm someone's tipped @scott_walker the wink to get a thread going as something was imminent but that was way back, so I guess my hunch was wrong. The rumour seems to have been going for ages with DC is closing but with nothing more to back this up.

Personally I think it should go and I hope it does, a few years ago I would never have said that about two amazing B&Ms but given it's position and the way Uni are moving these days I think they can do so much better with that land.

Thank goodness

Normal service resumes.

How sure are we that something is even happening here? I mean when this thread first appeared I thought hmmm someone's tipped @scott_walker the wink to get a thread going as something was imminent but that was way back, so I guess my hunch was wrong. The rumour seems to have been going for ages with DC is closing but nothing else.
The rumor's been floating on other prominent sites also, like OI & Magic. It makes too much sense not to be true.

Reactions: Mike S and UK-Trigg
The rumor's been floating on other prominent sites also, like OI & Magic. It makes too much sense not to be true.

I agree, with so much going on I guess it could just be way down the pecking order and that's if they even have anything concrete planned for said land.

I agree, with so much going on I guess it could just be way down the pecking order and that's if they even have anything concrete planned for said land.
Yeah. I guess between the new property buy & the Dream Works acquisition, plans and timelines for everything have changed a few times............ Would have been great to be a fly on the wall for all those meetings. (Teebin's probably disguised as a fly right now, albeit a pretty big fly :lol:)

Be
Yeah. I guess between the new property buy & the Dream Works acquisition, plans and timelines for everything have changed a few times............ Would have been great to be a fly on the wall for all those meetings. (Teebin's probably disguised as a fly right now, albeit a pretty big fly :lol:)

We might get a heads up of their intentions once/if they repurpose workers from Fallon & VB.

Hopefully the fly gets us some new juicy gossip:)

Thank goodness

Normal service resumes.

How sure are we that something is even happening here? I mean when this thread first appeared I thought hmmm someone's tipped @scott_walker the wink to get a thread going as something was imminent but that was way back, so I guess my hunch was wrong. The rumour seems to have been going for ages with DC is closing but with nothing more to back this up.

Personally I think it should go and I hope it does, a few years ago I would never have said that about two amazing B&Ms but given it's position and the way Uni are moving these days I think they can do so much better with that land.

I think it was earmarked but nothing solid for that location when it broke. Probably still working on it.

Reactions: Mike S and UK-Trigg
Thank goodness

Normal service resumes.

I'd seen it mentioned that many times that I figured it needed it's own thread.

I have zero connections but post enough ideas that I have to be right at least once. :lol:

Are the lockers situation still a mess? I know last time I went a year ago you had to wait in line just for the lockers....then the regular line, the metal detectors, they wouldn't let you re-ride...that really put me off of the ride and want to see it go.

There is the ever persistent Avengers rumor.

Are the lockers situation still a mess? I know last time I went a year ago you had to wait in line just for the lockers....then the regular line, the metal detectors, they wouldn't let you re-ride...that really put me off of the ride and want to see it go.
Depending on the lead when you get there, they still do the re-rid line. They just have someone with a wand standing at the end of it to check you real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.